Gun picture thread

M_P

That's a torch??!! I thought it was ian's from "weekend collection "??!!! ;-p

• Supporters

It's a cheap Ultrafire with CREE XML T6. Search on ebay.com rather than .co.uk because you'll get it cheaper bidding against yanks than brits and they come from China so postage isn't an issue. There is a model which uses 1 x 18650 battery also, but this type which uses 2 is a fucking monster.

The strobe function really is something to behold :lol:

Saw this in a local airsoft store yesterday!.........

I had to run!!!

to save my credit card!!!

A2dESTL.jpg

Saw this in a local airsoft store yesterday!.........

I had to run!!!

to save my credit card!!!

A2dESTL.jpg

Were gonna need a bigger [gun] case

[insert meme here]

And damn, my credit card isnt manly enough to handle that... But my mortgage savings are...

• Supporters

Eight inches of black pot metal :P

It's 7075 aluminium.

• Supporters

I'm not sure what ali blend this one is because afaik "Ultrafire" is a label which several manufacturers use; it may well be pot metal, but a year ago they were definitely advertised as 7075 and by the weight of mine it definitely is ali rather than zamak alloy. I forget now how much mine cost, but i think it was a bit more than the £11 they want for that one.

This one is cheaper and better, although it is 6061T, which is slightly weaker ali, but still strong enough to mill AR15 lower receivers from.

• Supporters

Cool- incidentally what is the best rail mountable torch (strobe preferable) for sub £20?

I'd go for the bottom of the 2 i linked above. It needs a 30mm mount, but u can use 6 AAA batteries or 2 x 18650, so that gives u flexibility, plus a cheap 30mm mount is a bit more solid than cheap 25mm ones.

Cool- incidentally what is the best rail mountable torch (strobe preferable) for sub £20?

just ebay the cheapest china torch you can find with your wished output (but be aware the levels stated on china ones are usually fake - my "real" 640 lum torch is brighter than my china clone 1200 lum torch). also, try to find one that uses 18650 batteries, they are superior to most others. oh and check the switch type, one which have mode select and on/off on the same switch is pretty useless for airsoft.

So I was going to add this a few weeks ago then totally got over my head with work and family sooooo I forgot...

Nevertheless, this is my current primary. A G&G TR4-18 with built in tracer unit and tonnes more. I have ordered a genuine MagPul CTR stock in tan but it's coming from the USA hence it's taking a while.

post-9528-0-89199400-1419621052_thumb.jpg

• Supporters

Pretty sure a real magpul stock will be lose on the buffer tube- AEG spec stocks aren't wide enough for real steal spec gbbrs, so I'd assume a real one won't fit an aeg.

Depends on whether it's a milspec or civilian one...

• Supporters

Depends on the AEG manufacturer.

I have a mil-spec MOE stock on a G&G gun here, very close fit indeed. The MOE and B5 Bravo I've used on my G&P were insanely tight fitting, could barely be adjusted. RS AR stocks fit 'just right' on all my TM recoil guns and KWAs. Very loose on my 2 Avalon/VFCs though and I tried a variety of stock types on them so it's definitely the airsoft buffer tubes that change, not the stock internal dimensions.

As per usual with airsoft, tolerances vary wildly. Long as you buy mil-spec AR stocks rather than comm spec, it'll generally be just fine and if it's loose a layer or two of leccy tape will take the slop out.

Pretty sure a real magpul stock will be lose on the buffer tube- AEG spec stocks aren't wide enough for real steal spec gbbrs, so I'd assume a real one won't fit an aeg.

Doesn't matter, it comes with a real steel buffertube anyways.