M_P

Gun picture thread

4390 posts in this topic

I quite like raised sights, i had some knock off raised red dot on it before anyways. Just find it easier to bring up and aim. Plus I can wear lower face pro if needed. :)

- Ant

PT247 likes this

had not thought about that helping with face pro! :-)

Got round to painting my torch

RnzRDqz.jpg

Oh my god, that is gorgeous! Im not usually a fan of the sand blown look, but it looks really good on that gun!!!! :wub::wub:

I am a little disappointed with the GLM, I don't mind the plastic too much but out the box it would have been impossible to fire 6 shells as the ratchet system stopped the 6th from lining up with the barrel, also as it rotates there is a larger and larger misalignment between the barrel and the cylinder which could mean that the TAG grenades may not be so effective, hopefully none will jam in the transition to the barrel. I am loathed to pull it to pieces to try and re-align everything as I am not sure how the mechanism works, I have a few weeks before my next skirmish tho so may get brave and give it a go. The stock wobbles a lot too so I may just take that off. I am collecting Madbull shower grenades for it as well so if anyone has any they are no longer using please let me know.

I have fitted a flip magnifying scope to the top rail, you know the ones designed for RDSs, it doesn't have a cross hair but due to the range of the TAG grenades it means I can be a little more sure that where I am shooting it there isn't gonna be someone saying I intentionally shot it at them.

Had it been a metal version I think it would have had a higher quality feel and maybe better QC, am glad I didn't pay £200 for it like some shops are selling them for, but even for £130 I would expect it to have been checked to be able to fire all 6 rounds out the box. I have fixed that issue myself by removing the pin that is supposed to stop it rotating once all 6 are fired (but is not in the right place) and stop you over winding it. Once I have sorted the alignment issue so each cylinder sits TDC to the barrel when it is its turn to fire I will try relocate the pin so it does its job properly.

^^Well that is majorly disappointing :(

PT247 likes this

BTW, once the TAG's have gone off, could you reuse the duds as a practice rounds?

Once I have had a fiddle with it I'll update as I think the alignment issue is def fixable and even I can count to 6 so I don't really need the functionality of it stopping rotating once 6 have been fired. The stock wobble is frustrating tho, I like polymer guns, both my Scorpion and G5 are polymer, and both are amazing quality, but this is made of crap feeling plastic.... which in its defence does seem pretty forgiving rather than brittle but maybe I have been spoilt with recent purchases, but I expect better for the money. If it prooves to be a pile of poo I'll send it back and just use my S-Thunder shorty pistol grenade launcher

BTW, once the TAG's have gone off, could you reuse the duds as a practice rounds?

unfortunately not as they blow apart completely. They do sell practice rounds but they cost as much as the others, the website says they can be used up to 3 times tho, but if they hit anything hard the tip will deform

Can't seem to see where you picked up the GLM there PT, was it in the UK? ICS came out with a TAG specific version more recently (maybe a month or so ago) and I've not seen them stocked outside of the HK stores yet.

Damn it, didn't know that! I got this at Airsoft World.

If only someone made a Mk19 GL, those TAG rounds would be epic (and insanely expensive) in something like this :D

mk19rear.jpg

So, been doing a spot of desert stylee weathering on my lad's M4 CQB (built from spares mainly!) and a more restrained version on my internally upgraded Cyma M16 (no haters please, first attempts at weathering AEG's lol!)

post-8821-0-93078300-1414765704_thumb.jpg

post-8821-0-02248300-1414765734_thumb.jpg

Edit: done with Krylon sprayed fairly thinly, then wiped off with a lint free cloth dipped in white spirit when nearly dry.

Mack, Monty, Airsoft_Mr B and 1 other like this

Gorgeous looking AR's. How did you do the dust effect?

straffham likes this

Gorgeous looking AR's. How did you do the dust effect?

Cheers Monty, sorry, threw in the edit pre-empting someone asking the same thing lol! Read about the technique in AI mag, and saw similar mentioned on here.

Basically spray LIGHT coats of Krylon over the whole area, it doesn't have to cover 100% though, (having covered/removed anything you don't want want paint on), I used Khaki and a little Medium Brown, then after about 2-3 mins when it "looks" dry, put some white spirit on a lint free cloth (ie one that won't leave bits of cloth all over the gun) and wipe away, don't need to apply too much pressure, you will see it removing as you wipe. This leaves paint in all the nooks and crannies, and you can remove as much or little paint as you are happy with (remembering that areas prone to handling or frequent cleaning would have more wear than areas that don't).

As someone else remarked, soldiers camo'ing their gun won't be trying to produce a work of art, but rather to disrupt the outline / solid colours, so I tried to adopt that approach, pretty pleased with the results though.

cavninja, Airsoft_Mr B and Monty like this

imagejpg1_zpsfc1a4488.jpg

Hell yeah!!! Bestest gnu out there!!!!!

I wanted something that had some resemblance to a short magazine lee Enfield.

The Leprechaun! likes this

Its been a while:

This is the beta project/magpul AK i engraved magpul/pts trades onto a while ago. I've never posted it as i never thought it was anything special but here she is.

g_zps72726292.png

fgera_zpsdfcdeefa.png

I also changed the Scar-L around a bit. I really regret selling my peq15 laser box, suppressor and Element M910A Q5 grip light thingy to fund my high speed internals because it would look gorgeous now. But after skirmishing it im really happy how well i perform with the configuration in CQB.

IMG_40021_zps9bbd658a.jpg

IMG_40011_zps5266b7a3.jpg

Apologies for the shite camera quality, gotta love them iphones....

Its been a while:

This is the beta project/magpul AK i engraved magpul/pts trades onto a while ago. I've never posted it as i never thought it was anything special but here she is.

[url=http://s940.photobucket.com/user/ryan_hill5/media/g_zps72726292.png.html][img=http://i940.photobucket.com/albums/ad245/ryan_hill5/g_

Apologies for the shite camera quality, gotta love them iphones....

:wub:

CaptainDumbass likes this