M_P

Gun picture thread

4471 posts in this topic

Actually..no lol, when ever someone says they've painted it I always expect like mixed paint because of the two tone and the other colour.

Nice one!

Nice job... what did you paint it with, Adam?

Nice job... what did you paint it with, Adam?

painted it with halfords black spray paint and it's held up to 10~ hours of handling over the last couple of weeks, it's how I test the adhesion

now just to get that G26 advanced I always wanted and a UGL

Ian_Gere and Airsoft_Mr B like this

Just a weird question,

Do people prefer mp5sd's with the sliding stock or full?

Sliding stock is the best on the MP5. It's one of the main advantages of the MP5 for CQB, as well as looking damn good.

Ian_Gere and Esoterick like this

Ok, as I've got an mp5sd6? Full stock at the moment but only use it for cqb anyway, it alters between that and my m4 so I figured might be best. Just got to learn how to rewirw it.

Final question- how the hell do you a) take the fire selector off and mp5 B) get the gearbox out

There should be a hex bolt on one of the fire selectors, probably on the bottom of it. Undo that and you can take that one off, and pull the other (with the connecting bar) out.

As for the gearbox removal:

1. Remove the motor plate
  2. Disconnect the motor
  3. There should be 2 screws on the inside on the plastic dividing wall between the gearbox and the motor cavity. These need to be undone
  4. Lift the gearbox out

There may be a couple of other screws you need to remove before taking the GB out and it could vary per model- I was used to my old CYMA MP5A5 and I haven't had that for a while.

Ian_Gere and Airsoft_Mr B like this

'The negotiator'

post-6740-0-15182700-1412880525_thumb.jpg

And the rest of my current arsenal...

post-6740-0-01382100-1412880549_thumb.jpg

SCAR-L CQC w/EGLM

MP9A3

FN 5-7 x2

:D

Ian_Gere, Josh95, TacMaster and 2 others like this

Ok, as I've got an mp5sd6? Full stock at the moment but only use it for cqb anyway, it alters between that and my m4 so I figured might be best. Just got to learn how to rewirw it.

Final question- how the hell do you a) take the fire selector off and mp5 B) get the gearbox out

If it's a fixed stock, it's not an SD6. Fixed stocks are either SD2 (SEF trigger group) or SD5 (ambi trigger group). The SD6 is a sliding stock and ambi trigger group version.

Why you make me so jealous with more!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

Just took delivery of my 11" troy ras, will try and fit it then out tm some pictures up

Airsoft_Mr B likes this

Pft, counting the failed attempt at one <_< probably near £1000 :o the one pictured was around £500 on it's own, not got the Diemaco body, just the stock ca metal one, hence paintjob to cover the m15a4 trades :)

Sorry, bit off topic, were can i get some of the netting that the gun is laying on, wanting some to camo my scope up.

Cheers Dave

Continuation of the work on the WE -

Stock WE bolt works better than the RAT PoS in the UK, however I decided, it 1) is Ugly as sin, 2) could be a whole load better.

So, tonight I started the process of polishing it -

1st Stage -

10734010_10152735395143290_2387114340785

And in situ -

10712888_10152735441393290_8911705753045

Already cycles considerably better, and SHINY.