Gun picture thread

M_P

ON the masterkey front, the KAC masterkey and M203s in real life nearly only ever mount to the barrels

• Supporters

No Tariq, it attaches to rail & barrel

You've actually just proved them right lol, the bottom part of the RIS has been removed in that photo, Tariq's right. I was just going by what the guy said in the sale post on Facebook, I didn't really look into it too much.

• Supporters

Oh yeah, Ed, I didn't notice that! What a donkey!

@Craig - funny I'm not sure I'm going to keep the trades - the plan was to have a suppressor that disappeared into the RIS and looked like it was integral to the barrel, like an MP5 SD6. I've decided on a Tanio Koba Hop Twist inner barrel, because I want to keep it under 350FPS for CQB an pussy-sites, and get the best range & accuracy I can from that.

Ed is selling me his 509mm TK so I needed a 260mm x 40mm suppressor - this was the only one I could find in stock (my 1st choice was plain & intended for KWA Mac11 but probably no longer available). I spose the easy-grip surface gives it away as an aftermarket addition though, so maybe I will leave the trades - not sure of the paint job yet, but it will definitely be mainly, if not all, greys so perhaps they could stay without looking deliberately poseurish (ie arsewankingly cringeworthy) - I'd prefer it if that milled/etched/whatever surface either ended in line with the RIS, as you say, or better yet extended the whole way down, but that's life *sigh* - before/instead of paint I might try some kind of textured tape, bike handlebar grip tape maybe or even skateboard grip tape.

I don't mind the standard G36 foldible stock, but I wanted one that could fit a larger battery than you can get in the hand guard and, for it to be properly comfortable, I needed adjustable - it comes with 4 positions but I added 1 between the longest 2 and now it fits me perfectly. They way I've got that '4 point' sling attached means that when it hangs across my chest, even completely loose, raising it automatically puts the butt to my shoulder, raised a little more and it's in my natural firing position, without me having to deliberately shoulder the rifle.

That's another reason why I feel confident that the 551 will work well, because my shoulders are quite broad and my neck is quite long (judging by how much I need to bend it to use things designed for 'the norm') so my natural firing position puts my head higher up than someone who can easily rest their cheek against the stock. It may look a bit boxy, although I think that the K length RIS and 260mm suppressor, rather than C length & 220mm which I had first planned on, ameliorate that, but truth to tell I don't care.

My intention with this build has always been to design a NATO gun which would suit my body and skirmish style as exactly as possible first and only then consider the aesthetics. That's why I decided that the H&K intended red dot sight wouldn't work, because it has a very small window. The integral 3x sight is quite small too, but I can use it without having to lean my head forward so far that it's uncomfortable, but I do have to consciously position my head. I'm hoping that I'll be able to see through the 551 with my head exactly where my neck is most comfortable.

Thanks for the info on the EOLAD, Craig.

@Nickona - yeah, on "American Guns" or "Sons of Guns", I forget which is which - the Red Jacket shop, they had to fabricate a piccatinny rail mount for a modern Masterkey type project. I really hope that I don't have to build what I want completely - I don't currently have the 'kin tools, and though I want to replace them & get more, currently it's all about cash :(

I have started a FB page for painting RIFs.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Custom-Camo/134626576711215 (MODS please remove if i have broken any rules buy posting the link!)

Few i have done so far.

4930C232-53E9-4C0F-B323-A8C8F283E004-3327-00000349EC6CB62B_zps30844214.jpg

02942A32-ECB6-4CF7-B232-DB66E587A583-3327-00000349D16CE808_zpsb4adc6c1.jpg

AFFCEDB0-28C2-4277-98F4-706D4BB5E8DD-297-000000157EEEB0DD_zps57dce09f.jpg

139_1563.jpg

135_1429.jpg

Here's a pic of my M249 today, decided to add the bi-pod, also got a QR code and done the tie paracord to the optic and rear iron sight thing...

883878_467968196591434_1669373647_o_zpsee0f670c.jpg

Thanks to Fire Team Zulu for the pic

• Supporters

Dam I Wanna get Mine back from the guy i sold my baby too... or even rebuild the old Star with the Twig for a trigger RIP My LittleWorkHorse Daddy still Wuv's you both!

But Nick i'm pretty sure their supposed to have a front Iron Sight? :blink:

Well.. the foresights do come off... and I don't really need one with the red dot, but yea it came without one and they're out of stock everywhere!

• Supporters

Nope i have a couple of para Stock's and other TopCompatible stuff but not a foresight (Their all stored in my loft anyway's)

Here's a pic of my M249 today, decided to add the bi-pod, also got a QR code and done the tie paracord to the optic and rear iron sight thing...

883878_467968196591434_1669373647_o_zpsee0f670c.jpg

Thanks to Fire Team Zulu for the pic

Very nice I do like a big ass gun .Not sure about the fore grip but still nice

Very nice I do like a big ass gun .Not sure about the fore grip but still nice

Thanks a lot! I've decided I prefer the original bipod to a grip-pod and I wanted a foregrip as it really helps with the weight and I didn't want anything too tacti-cool and the standard one seemed to work best..

Thinking of giving it a OD dusting, what do people think of that?

Thinking of giving it a OD dusting, what do people think of that?

I think some OD and tan would look better. Just OD may look odd. Its amazing the change in appearance a light dusting can give.

Single pass with tan spray from about a foot away.

7B49994D-3B9E-46E8-B3AD-54E5F02A141D-778-0000005EC36BFAAD_zpscc676d7d.jpg

My current project. VFC SR-16. Bought as a non runner. Little love and new paint. Now working and firing at 364PFS with the HOP off. once adjusted got it to a nice 348FPS on a .2. :) Waiting on a Element Surefire M952V and she's ready to go.

82046F78-B729-4201-80E6-93C46606565B-778-0000005DF449BAD2_zps996ac6d7.jpg

• Supporters

Some sexy shit on this page.

I'm out of guns to compete with =[

Love the worn look Sam, much prefer it to the crisp paint jobs :D

My "finished" TM SCAR-L

removed the PEQ15 and fitted a Surefire M900 (element clone) The quality is fantastic with full trades. Has 2 small LED nav light and the main torch that is a CREE LED and nice and bright.

07CC23D7-B594-4379-A778-2F1A3418428B-3835-000003AC532AFDCE_zpsc8d507e2.jpg

• Supporters

For a SCAR that's pretty damned nice.

Doesn't even look like a fish.

Stock still looks like an ugg boot though :P

M900's make everything better. Everything.

It looks all wrong on my SR-16.

My King Arms OA 15 M7 Before and after spray job (my first attempt)

539396_10151514825751060_500389093_n.jpg

Fits the rest of my kit now, It will look better once it starts to get roughed up a bit :)

Any reason you didnt paint the upper receiver?

Stock still looks like an ugg boot though :P

:lol:

• Supporters

M900. Better. Everything? My dick... Not much of a compliment to my main squeeze!

It looks all wrong on my SR-16.

Any reason you didnt paint the upper receiver?

:lol:

Because it looks BOSS ;)

You see it on real steel guns when the owner has different uppers, maybe a longer barrel with a Bi pod or a standard M4 A1 upper, so that they don't paint everything just the lower.

Personally I saw a picture of a real steel rifle painted like this and I about shot my load

side2q.jpg

Just a personal taste thing. Matches my load out nicely too I think :)

Peace and Love

• Supporters

I'd rather shovel poo down my gullet than put an M900 on my L85.

In short, you're wrong Marcus!