Gun picture thread

M_P

Well I expect that by now everyone not only knows but is bored of my opinion of AR15 varients, but I'll confess to wanting to give 'em another go with one of them, Tariq!

How much do mags that can take CO2 cost... anyone?

Yeah im not usually an AR fan either, but when i saw the 416 i had to give it a go. Really wanted a new GBB, but wanted something other than a G36 and the AK's were only just released so i'd give them a miss.

It is a beautiful piece of kit. Feels and sounds so crisp its awesome.

CO2 magazines for it are £40

• Supporters

£320 for a loadout then - 'kinell, that's a bit of dedication right there!

They are realcaps, right?

30rnd yeah.

£320... not quite.............

The gun + 3 spare mags cost £520 :P

My new baby... After an accident with my old canon involving a floor and a snapped receiver I got this thing.

SRC 416, ASCU with packed trigger, new "silent" motor, 11.1v LiPo, New Poly piston, Gears from old gear box (Trust them is all, I know they are full metal) 6.01mm tightbore (I know people hate this but it hasn't let me down yet)

replaced the foregrip with a Magpul RVG now though.

543830_10200334106537981_960390774_n.jpg

• Supporters

Just wanted to show everyone one of my favouritest photos of my gun ever :3

537927_10151296824482913_1982037795_n_zps134e8c8d.jpg

• Supporters

Action Hobbies just shared this:

I think they look pretty boss.

But the main reason I'm back here is because my sniper came today! :P

image-11_zps1ae03a99.jpeg

image-1-2_zps43b5d7fd.jpeg

image-2-1_zps7b28be85.jpeg

image-3-1_zps7fb87c4d.jpeg

image-7-1_zps55d82bce.jpeg

image-6-1_zps76957d17.jpeg

image-4-1_zpsa66fbba0.jpeg

image-5-1_zpsf9097671.jpeg

image-11_zpsb1b756fd.jpeg

image-8-1_zps5b2f1001.jpeg

And one with me standing next to it so you get a feel for how MASSIVE this thing is:

image-10-1_zps9564c5fc.jpeg

Weighs a freakin' ton as well, arms are buggered and I only fired about 100 shots through it. It's not as bad as I thought it'd be considering it's stock, range is acceptable, accuracy is definitely lacking and it isn't very consistent... The magazine system is also pretty frustrating. But I guess I'll get used to it all in the end.

Next time you see it, I'll have fitted the OD body kit :D

Looks good Ed! How tall are you so I can gauge the length of he rifle?

Anyway my newly acquired M249, going to model it more off the MK.46 but with a few alterations..

Still need a few bits for it, like a PEQ-2, bipod and I'm sure many other things will come to mind!

IMAG0738_zps086d00a1.jpg

IMAG0734_zpsa2a0e695.jpg

IMAG0733_zpsd943911d.jpg

IMAG0732_zps49e3ab7d.jpg

• Supporters

I'm 6 foot 2 inches.

So it's easily got to be 4 or more feet long and an easy 12lbs.

Hey Ed, what is the stock range like compared to one of your AEGs? I have always been told that a stock sniper will be pretty much the same as a stock AEG but always wanted a second opinion from somebody who has both. Cheers, Rex.

I'm 6 foot 2 inches.

So it's easily got to be 4 or more feet long and an easy 12lbs.

okay that is quite big then!!

Well I'm hitting abut 16lbs with the SAW

• Supporters

Yes Nick, but that isn't as long!

Holding up heavy stuff when it's far away from you takes more effort, do you know nothing about fulcrums and pivots and all that physics shiz? Pfft.

Where did the "Do you even lift?" thing come from in the first place? =/

Anyway, the range currently is about 40m on a flat trajectory, maybe up to 70 if you shoot at people mortar style, but I don't think it'll hit a person with one shot at anything over 30m and it's far too cumbersome to run around with taking pot shots at people. My L85 will easily out gun it, same sort of range, but snappy semi auto and obviously also full auto.

That's all based off the performance with .3g Blaster Devils as well and I run my L85 with .25s firing at roughly 50fps less.

With .20s hitting a person would probably be about as easy as threading a needle in a hurricane.

thanks for the info Ed. Ive been really worried that my range is really bad and that ill be easily outranged by most guns when i get around to my first skirmish, but for the first time since i have gotten my sniper rifle and upgraded there is literaly no wind, so i just went out and 9/10 i can hit a 1.5 foot by 5 foot strainer at 50m ( 175 feet ) with 0.28's, so im feeling a little bit better now, but i still think i should be able to get out to atleast 75m if i need to, so i think ill just try bringing the fps from its current 400 ish to nearer the sites limits which are 500 fps and perhaps swapping the diy biro pen mod for a harder hop rubber will improve my accuracy. Cheers, Rex.

Yes Nick, but that isn't as long!

Holding up heavy stuff when it's far away from you takes more effort, do you know nothing about fulcrums and pivots and all that physics shiz? Pfft.

True that! Although going from my Masada which was mainly polymer to this is quite a step up!

The do you even lift thing is from the interwebs :D

Moments! It's called moments.

And as above. It's from where anything and everything comes from. The Internet.

• Supporters

I know it came from the internet <_<

But what started it? It's like the "took an arrow to the knee" thing all over again, I had no idea what the hell everyone was on about for about 2 weeks when that was all the rage.

That's It. Its from the internet. Because of which, there is no credible source. Its like trying to figure out where any other meme came from. You will never find the original, and thus, everything is a repost :P

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/do-you-even-lift

Credibility is always suspect for half the stuff but best shout is that.

Damn Nick beat me on the edit.

I know it came from the internet <_<

But what started it? It's like the "took an arrow to the knee" thing all over again, I had no idea what the hell everyone was on about for about 2 weeks when that was all the rage.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/do-you-even-lift

• Supporters

image-11_zps1ae03a99.jpeg

Next time you see it, I'll have fitted the OD body kit :D

It's too beautiful to make any tawdry references to sex acts I could neither perform nor enjoy... No, the nascent white van man within has been struck dumb! All that remains is to offer tribute -

Red_rose.jpg

To be honest though, and I feel like some kind of slimy plastic surgery salesman in suggesting this, but since you've already decided this lily can be, if not gilded, bedecked about with the fruits of Blackadder's alchemy, I will -

I don't mean that exact one necessarily, just something of the sort.

• Supporters

Eurgh god no, one of the best things about the gun is the stock muzzle break, if it weren't for that or the barrel I'd have just bought the sportsline version lol.

• Supporters

Oh the barrel is definitely a thing of beauty, and the stock muzzle break has a certain spartan charm, but it's like going to a normal person's night club with your shirt half undone to show a hairy chest and not wearing a gold medallion. If you have the equipment and you must display it, you should rock it!

@Ian, I like the massive mags in the 74U.

Looks like the Russian version of a few sawn-off G3s with extended mags I've seen in photos from Northern Ireland in the 70's.

@Ed - I can only second what's already been said, that sniper sure is a work of art.

L85 now has the remaining rail space covered in XTM covers. Useless, but I like the look (much like the original plastic handguard)

P1011928_zps8c90fbdc.jpg

And now for something completely different (well, different for me)

The latest addition to the armoury, JG's Umarex branded G36C. Going to keep it as basic as possible, as frankly it doesn't need anything other than the grip.

P1011937_zpse5da028a.jpg

• Supporters

I see what you did there ;)

Well done ^_^