Gun picture thread

M_P

liking the M933, how long does a paint job actually last against the factory black finish?

Cheers. I think it all depends on your method of painting, the paint used etc etc. I used halfords camo paint straight on to the black finish. Seems to be OK. You could use primer first or take the gun to bits for a perfect finish but i want a natural worn look. Only been used twice since the job was done, but was also handled by few 100 people at a military show and there is VERY minor wear.

I like how you took the forward assist out to keep some standard black in there. It looks good.

I think if I did it I'd be scared to spray it whilst it was still all together. But I guess you'd have to if you were going for a certain camo look.

Main reason i left it in one bit was the fear of breaking it putting it back together. I have a habit of doing that!

Not taken out Ed, taped up ;)

Thought I'd show off my truly awe inspiring photography skills:

post-2387-0-95469900-1356647977_thumb.jpg

Santa was kind enough to let you have it. Roll on CS on Sunday!

Think the aimpoint needs a higher mount. I have one sat in kit bag you can have if you want. I'll bring it on Sunday.

• Supporters

Santa was kind enough to let you have it. Roll on CS on Sunday!

Think the aimpoint needs a higher mount. I have one sat in kit bag you can have if you want. I'll bring it on Sunday.

Would've been nice if he'd have payed for it but I'm not complaining :)

Yeah that'd be great thanks, how much do you want for it?

• Supporters

Really? I prefer the low mounts like the one already on it. I don't like how much the higher ones raise the gun's profile.

I found another chunk of the Egro ladders in my man draw in the kitchen. I'll stick it in my kit bag for the next game.

and to continue the SCAR lovin!

139_1545.jpg

• Supporters

Current 'project gun' kinda based off this, but using what I had laying around

C6FD49DE-A4E4-4332-A75A-B5288A775CA6-17657-00001805C68A8445.jpg

Externals are nearly there, internals need a good look at, gearbox locks up after 1 shot <_<

309C6B3E-BB36-48CA-83FA-4D921F0EB9F3-17657-00001805B01134B6.jpg

I'm also super humanly strong :P

9D1C4444-8A50-4511-B762-50C20EA2F1A0-17657-00001805B879B701.jpg

Anyone got a spare flip up iron sight? ;)

• Supporters

Is it just me or does anybody else think that SCARs with the stock folded look really awkward?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Hey, it's actually pretty sexy! I thought it'd look terrible with an EoTech on it, which model is that one? Might have to get one for mine for night games.

Cheers Ed!

I've had a bit of flak from some purists elsewhere, so it's refreshing to have a response other than "HERESY! Burn it" :lol:

Aye, it's a 551 EOtech. I've tried a 552 before - personally (if you or anyone else considers EOtech'ing any kind of SA80), I'd avoid the 552, as it's too big. Just too long, it looks really weird.

• Supporters

Yeah, I don't think the 552 looks right on anything. My mate has one on an M249 and it's the same size as the entire receiver. Really doesn't look right.

But yeah, I'd generally consider myself an L85 purist in terms of it having to look "military issue" so either SUSAT/Irons + original green furniture. Or new with RIS and all the other gucci bits like mine.

If it isn't in one of those two configurations, I generally dislike it. Like CKs from a few pages back... Stubby fore grip, Spectre and those rail covers he had? Eurgh no.

But with an EOTech it actually looks quite good. If Arma2 is to be believed, then they are actually used for night ops as well. Since you can't use an ACOG/Spectre/SUSAT with NV gear.

Yeah the EOTechs have a NV fuction, but on clones it just changes the redicule from Red to Green.

552 looks alright on guns. Personally the 551 looks a little too stubby.

• Supporters

If it isn't in one of those two configurations, I generally dislike it. Like CKs from a few pages back... Stubby fore grip, Spectre and those rail covers he had? Eurgh no.

If you were sick of seeing the damn things every single day, would you exactly copy the real setup? :P

• Supporters

Yeah I can imagine where you're coming from lol, but if you were THAT sick of seeing them, why did you buy one at all?! :huh:

• Supporters

Well, I'm fairly familiar with the controls & overall ergonomics/balance for starters. I think that in terms of features like the safety/selector, the optics mounting, trigger setup etc it's the best bullpup available in airsoft for my needs, and I think bullpups in general are great.

However, the MoD's choice of foregrip and rail covers are inferior when it comes to my personal desires when on the skirmish field, and I really don't like the aesthetics of the grip-pod/ladder covers combo myself. I've grown accustomed to it, but if I had the choice when I deployed I wouldn't use the issued 20mm accessories. The same as I personally wouldn't use the issue MOLLE pouches/uniform/holster/helmet/PC....