Gun picture thread

M_P

• Supporters

My name'sh Pantsh. Baggy Pantsh...

Shurly you can't be sherioush?

Always liked the PP- family (and Walthers in general). What's it like to shoot? Certainly looks nice.

• Supporters

With any luck, (which I tend to have little of...) I ought to have everything for my L85 to finish it by the end of the week. Emags and all.

Who's excited for the photos? =P

If they're not up by Friday evening then you can find me in the angry thread lol.

• Supporters

I'm looking forward to seeing your L85 up close, Ed, holding it, shooting it...

We can have a reciprocal weapons-love-in, if that isn't an oxymoron :lol:

• Supporters

Sounds good, Agnes needs my lovin' haha.

• Supporters

Right at this moment Agnes is being used as a prop in a play that's in rehearsal. I'm helping the cast by prompting because I don't want to let Agnes out of my sight. People, I am so bored I might end up doing something strange, Ed, just to prove to myself that I'm still a-kin-live!

• Supporters

Brace yourselves people... It's finished! =D

Well, sort of. I have some minor fitment issues with the docter sight attaching to the wing mount, but I'm sure it's nothing a drill can't fix.

It's such a shame I only have a cheese grater to take the photos with... =[

Anyway, starting at the front we have the awesome flashhider:

IMG_0982.jpg

Moving back slightly, we have the LLM01 - The Element version:

IMG_0983.jpg

Now here's the grip-pod with the pressure switch attached, RIS and some noice rail ladders:

IMG_0984.jpg

Then we have the EMAGs, which I think really add to it:

IMG_0985.jpg

Back end, right side:

IMG_0987.jpg

Back end, left side:

IMG_0986.jpg

Now for the final piece, my ACOG, docter sight and the cooliest of the cool, the docter's wing mount:

IMG_0989.jpg

IMG_0988.jpg

And now for some general full rifle shots:

IMG_0981.jpg

IMG_0979.jpg

IMG_0978.jpg

IMG_0977.jpg

Voila!

What do you all think?

Looking veeeery nice Ed.

Needs MORE accessories! You have all that rail space, add more stuff! (Jokes...)

• Supporters

I'm still having slight issues with the hop, and how it's seating itself, plus it's raining like a monsoon and blowing a gale, so I can't sight the ACOG in properly.

Which is agonising... I wanna shoot it to hell and back lol.

I also still have the new trigger mech and hop unit to fit, as well as rewiring it with low res wire, and switching the connectors to deans, once they all arrive anyway.

Once I've done all that it'll finally be 100% complete on the inside and out, then I can start tuning it to shoot perfectly and THEN I'll take it skirmishing. Hoping to be able to go next weekend, depends how much I'm needed at work, since I need a lot of time to get this shooting well and do all the rewiring.

• Supporters

Green fabric tape for that pressure switch = more ally'ness.

If you want a sling that's actually comfortable, can be had in this country and doesn't block half the controls, then get the issue one for the Minimi. Seen reg gunners do that and it's a pretty clever solution to the problem that is the cheap-ass standard issue sling design.

• Supporters

Cheers CK, I'll look into it.

• Supporters

I had been waiting on a couple of bits turning up from lands afar, but those arrived so now the rest of my sidearm purchases during my little stint in the south atlantic are about ready for public display.

IMG_0338-1.jpg

IMG_0302-1.jpg

My second custom build from ESC, but this time around I wanted something that would be about as skirmish practical as physically possible (while still looking a bit pretty) so it's almost entirely made of TM parts. Upper setup is just for the lulz and photo ops, lower for actual usage in the field.

• Night Warrior 3-Dot Sights
  • M.E.U. Slide
  • M.E.U. Outer barrel/Barrel bushing etc to compensate for the base gun being a 4.3 Desert Warrior
  • Nineball Purple hop rubber
  • Nineball 6.03 Tightbore
  • Desert Warrior frame
  • 1911A1 Trigger
  • VZ Grips G10 Operators II in 'Military Brown'
  • Strike Warrior magwell

IMG_0404.jpg

Since my good old A1 is entombed with a carbine kit I wanted something in the classic style, just as a display piece if anything; so there's my Series 70. Replaced the stock grips with some real rosewood ones, and like that it shall stay.

IMG_0385.jpg

KJW A1, just a cheap trainer gun to go along with my target-range-only G&P WOC-X. The combination of compatibility with my existing magazines & holsters, the low price and low number of shots it'll fire per gas fill make it suit that role perfectly I feel. Got those nasty grip weights out of there and put on some proper wood repros of the WWII diamond style grips. Took some dremel work since the frame on this has the CO2 bulb protrusions, but I much prefer the balance of the resultant weapon vs. the original.

IMG_0356.jpg

Had a few comments regards my selection of grips on my HurricanE Kimber Covert II when I first posted it elsewhere a while back, so I've swapped out the cheaper RS Colt rubber grips that were on there for some VZ Grips 'VZ Recons' made of G10 in their Desert Sand.

Quick family shot of the collection so far to finish off:

IMG_0416-1.jpg

• Supporters

The first one looks soooo nice, similar to what I want to do at some point (albeit with a green foliage warrior frame)

That trigger looks great too- what is it?, would suit me with my small hands :D

Edit: oh wait it says... must have missed it when I looked through. It does look shorter than an 'a1' trigger though but maybe its just the frame's shape?

What are the middle two in the group shot? A night warrior with new grips and sights on the left as far as I can see but what's on the right?

• Supporters
The first one looks soooo nice

Ditto!

I don't really like the look of 1911's but that almost changes my mind. Then again, I've got pretty big hands, and inside Pyrohide gloves they're massive so perhaps pretty wouldn't work for me...

• Supporters

I'm not really a massive fan either, I hate the control's layout, I hate that's they're only single action and I think the safety is totally stupid... Or at least my MEU safety is stupid. It can only be engaged when the hammer is cocked and it also locks the slide. You might as well just not cock the hammer, it's exactly the same. Except just having to cock the hammer would reduce the number of needless parts, relating to stupid needless safety catches...

Additionally, I hate the damn beaver tail grips, sometimes they can make the pistol almost impossibly uncomfortable to hold. I had a go with a TM Dragon something-or-other a few weeks back and the beaver tail was under so much spring tension that I had to squeeze the damn thing so hard that I couldn't aim it or pull the trigger without losing my aim completely. It also makes it a massive pain in the ass to de-cock the hammer slowly, to avoid discharging the weapon.

I also think it's crazy retarded how none of the updated models have been given higher capacity magazines. If the HK USP .45 can hold 12 shots, why is the MEU still only holding 7 or 8? Couldn't they maintain the design but widen it to make room for a double stack mag? It's like they're limiting the capacity on purpose.

I also don't like that the spring guide under the barrel doesn't stick out of the slide with the barrel when the slide is locked to the rear. I know it makes no difference to the performance or function, but when it's out with the barrel it just looks so much better in my opinion. M1911s lack that and it's one of the main things I dislike about them haha.

I only got my MEU because the kick with CO2 was so epic that I felt like it got me a step closer to knowing what it's like to fire a real semi-auto lol.

Sigs are the best. So ergonomic it's untrue. Every pistol ought to be a Sig.

It must suck to be left handed. Sigs must be super sh*t for lefties lol.

• Supporters

I haven't much experience of airsoft pistols to go on, but my main gripe with 1911's is the shape of the top of the grip at the top. The bit that sits on the crook of your thumb is a good thing to stop skin or glove getting trapped by the slide, a la CSI, but the distance between the back of the grip under it and the trigger is too small, so holding it with my fimger-end on the trigger, rather than further up my finger in a way that means that the action of pulling the trigger pulls the whole pistol slightly left, isn't really posssible with a firm grip of the... er, grip lol!

Hey, maybe a Dr. can cure my dislike of M4's too, mate?

• Supporters
Edit: oh wait it says... must have missed it when I looked through. It does look shorter than an 'a1' trigger though but maybe its just the frame's shape?

You're right, not sure how it's worked out like that. It is a Marui A1 trigger though that I can assure you.

What are the middle two in the group shot? A night warrior with new grips and sights on the left as far as I can see but what's on the right?

Pretty much an MEU and a Night Warrior put in to a blender. Without going in to massive specifics:

- Left Side is the NW frame with MEU slide, NW outer barrel and RS 'ERGO' OD polymer grips

- Right side is the MEU frame with the NW slide, MEU outer barrel and RS Colt rubber grips

I'm not really a massive fan either, I hate the control's layout, I hate that's they're only single action and I think the safety is totally stupid... Or at least my MEU safety is stupid. It can only be engaged when the hammer is cocked and it also locks the slide. You might as well just not cock the hammer, it's exactly the same.

That's how the RS works. It's not exactly complex; all you do is load and make ready, engage your safety, then holster. When you want to shoot, you draw, safety off, fire. The browning hi-power works in an extremely similar fashion and the system makes for a safe and reliable firearm. Guys in afghan/iraq have shot themselves with 226s before now due to their complete lack of a safety catch. You physically cannot make the Sig safe while carrying a round in the chamber, and if you don't carry a round in the chamber you've just set yourself up to fail and die in a close quarters combat situation. Not to be over dramatic, that's just the reality of it.

I had a go with a TM Dragon something-or-other a few weeks back and the beaver tail was under so much spring tension that I had to squeeze the damn thing so hard that I couldn't aim it or pull the trigger without losing my aim completely. It also makes it a massive pain in the ass to de-cock the hammer slowly, to avoid discharging the weapon.

TM don't make any type of 1911 with 'Dragon' in the name. So I don't know what you were shooting, but a TM grip safety that's functioning correctly does not require any conscious effort on the shooters' part to depress, you just make sure you've got a correct and proper grip on the weapon and it takes care of itself. Sounds like you had a WE.

If you want to decock it's a 2 second process in involving dropped the magazine out slightly, firing off the action and then reinserting. That's the entire point of the manual safety though, there's no need to decock a 1911 on the skirmish field. If you're going in to the safe zone you drop the mag and you're then totally safe either way, same as any GBB. Treating the action of decoking as a way of making a weapon completely safe is a sure step down the path towards a negligent discharge.

I also think it's crazy retarded how none of the updated models have been given higher capacity magazines. If the HK USP .45 can hold 12 shots, why is the MEU still only holding 7 or 8? Couldn't they maintain the design but widen it to make room for a double stack mag? It's like they're limiting the capacity on purpose.

You know all these Hi-Capas different companies make right? They're not fictional airsoft-only guns, they're based on something called a 2011. One defining factor of the 1911 is the fact they use a single-stack magazine and hence have a very narrow profile grip area to the frame. 2011s work just like a 1911 but with a wider frame to facilitate wider, higher capacity, double-stack magazines.

I also don't like that the spring guide under the barrel doesn't stick out of the slide with the barrel when the slide is locked to the rear. I know it makes no difference to the performance or function, but when it's out with the barrel it just looks so much better in my opinion. M1911s lack that and it's one of the main things I dislike about them haha.

Buy an after market spring guide/recoil guide rod plug then. Can be had cheaply and it's an incredibly easy part to swap.

P1000802.jpg

Please don't interpret this as me 'having a go', but I think there were a few misunderstandings going on there which I wanted to try and address.

• Supporters

Aesthetically sorted my brothers gun out,

now to get the damn thing to work <_<

D8604981.jpg

2C59306B.jpg

Also found a nice reference pic for a new project :)

2176d606.jpg

Basically just a TM desert warrior with a black slide and hogue grips, will give the internals a fettle though, plan on having it as my pistol games pistol :P may have to wait for a little while though, as I'm a tad skint ATM :(

well heres my newly painted hunting shotgun gunna have 4x scope on it based after this -

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=camo+shot...,r:27,s:64,i:91

heres mine i call it autumn mud camo its forest green, meadow green, sprayed over a matt black base wrapped with fishnets then leaf detail is added with plastic-oat cappichino brown, then misted with finer leaf detail with matt black or woodland brown

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-...399066147_n.jpg

and heres a close up shot

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-...139410049_n.jpg

nutster the m4 sort of looks like the one from blood diamond nice work

• Supporters

@KFM - did you do that paint job?

It looks great!