Gun picture thread

M_P

• Supporters

Nickona: Nice Masada why the AK over the M4

Craig: Is that a custom handle on your SIG

Nickona: Nice Masada why the AK over the M4

what do you mean? its the version that uses 5.56 mags

Damn it just hit me you said it was a "A&K" not a AK lol :ph34r:

Haha yea its the A&K, and I decided on the ACR because of a few things: Firstly its something different but still has standard internals, secondly I've already had a M4 and IMO this looks nicer and thirdly I couldn't afford the M4 :P

• Supporters

Just joined photobucket - Saw a thread saying how to properly upload full size images. I'd been wondering for ages how you guys were all adding more than 5, picking where on the screen to place them and them not popping up as tiny, crappy, size reduced boxes...

I are fail. But yeah.

I still have to stick my new ACOG with doctor sight on here, if it EVER arrives, as well as the new flash hider I'm waiting on from RSOV, but other than that it's complete.

Unless you count me still not having any EMAGs as incomplete... Which I sort of do. But who the hell can afford to spend £200+ on individual magazines?

Anyway, here it is:

image-1.jpg

image-2.jpg

image-5.jpg

image-7.jpg

Lame quality? I know. I only have my sh*tty phone camera. I don't think they're that bad though...

Craig: Is that a custom handle on your SIG

the 226 its all standard but i have a longer barrel for it's suppressor

and ED if ive said it once ive said it a hundred times nice sa80 B)

• Supporters

Thanks vair much, I know :P

I like your M4 too, that definitely is what they should look like, Finius' looks like a really awkward to have sh*t lol.

I nearly got an M4 instead of my L85, I'd have run a more or less identical set up but with a fore grip. Think I'd have gone ICS, which make is yours?

• Supporters

:P Thanks. Can't wait to get the rest of the parts.

It's a shame I can't show you how it shoots, you'd love it even more lol.

Edit:

@Nick - FPSRussia's next video is going to be about the ACR, which as far as I'm aware is the same as a Masada, no?

• Supporters

The ACR is the later stage of development of the ACR i think, When magpul gave the designs to Bushmaster and Remington, they changed a few things and changed the name from masada, something like that anyway.

In other news, my VSR arrived :) Sorry about the photos, only had my phone on me and it was a bit dark in the garage.

553522_389687354410332_100001072119749_1046288_862943905_n.jpg

392562_389687571076977_100001072119749_1046297_115144537_n.jpg

• Supporters

I assumed you'd already got this absolutely ages ago, I swear it's been in your info section for months.

@Nick - FPSRussia's next video is going to be about the ACR, which as far as I'm aware is the same as a Masada, no?

Yea kinda what Marcus said, Magpul sold it to Bushmaster and they changed the name to Adaptive Combat Rifle (ACR) and there is the odd little change (most notable using the RIS handguard more then the magpul one) however, it is the same basic rifle and all the origional Mgapul ideas are still in there (i.e abidextrous controls, quick change barrel, massive adaptiveness)

oh and when you hear people call it the Remington ACR basically Bushmaster told its sister company, Remington, to make the military ones now while Bushmaster made the civilian ones. The ACR design is still technically Bushmasters as Remington didn't change anything, however, it is still a Magpul rifle.

EDIT: Marcus, I'm expecting you to re-do the camo with A-TACS

• Supporters

Haha I might end up doing it in FG, at the moment im still deciding as to what I'm going to do externally if im honest, im not going to Ghillie wrap it or anything, I want to keep the looks of the rifle pretty standardish-might be tempted by a fluted bull barrel though :D

• Supporters

R.e. The RS ACR (just for those interested in it) you'll fairly rarely see them on account of the fact that Remington/Bushmaster took the Magpul shell and filled it with shite components. The barrels in particular use a twist ratio in the rifling that is well known for giving w**k range/accuracy and they're not chrome lined as any decent barrel should be, which leads to excessive wear and unusually high corrosion. Combine the poor construction quality with a ridiculously high retail price (purely because of all the hype) and you've got one unattractive firearm.

R.e. The RS ACR (just for those interested in it) you'll fairly rarely see them on account of the fact that Remington/Bushmaster took the Magpul shell and filled it with shite components. The barrels in particular use a twist ratio in the rifling that is well known for giving w**k range/accuracy and they're not chrome lined as any decent barrel should be, which leads to excessive wear and unusually high corrosion. Combine the poor construction quality with a ridiculously high retail price (purely because of all the hype) and you've got one unattractive firearm.

do you know if you can still buy RS Masadas made by Magpul? or get Bushmaster ACRs to magpul specs?

Some really nice rifles and snipers on here, cant belive the amount of work some people put into their rifles, really impressive.

Here's my new Tokyo Marui Scar Heavy in Tan, its an Electric blow back rifle, sounds and feels the nuts! If added a 3x magnifier, holo sight, peq15, a magpul vertical foregrip, black magpul ris rail covers. The bipod is on or off dependant on what sight I'm at.

So far i've only upgraded the spring as it was only firing at 270fps, now ive got a m100 spring its firing around the 350fps mark. Looking at replacing the inner barrel in the next few months, apart from that the inernals are pretty good. Love it :)

post-5076-1338828914_thumb.jpg

post-5076-1338828981_thumb.jpg

Well constant phone calls to Firesupport, constantly nagging and putting my name down 100 times on the call back list helped me out. I know they only had 5, apart from that I never saw anyone selling them in the uk! Kinda lucky and persistent.

• Supporters
do you know if you can still buy RS Masadas made by Magpul? or get Bushmaster ACRs to magpul specs?

Apart from a very small number of the first prototypes, Magpul never actually produced the Masada/ACR. Bushy/Rem bought the rights to the design once it was finalised and they're the only ones who ever mass produced it.

Here's my new Tokyo Marui Scar Heavy in Tan,

Top shelf taste you have sir. Money well spent.

I'd wager you'll find yourself dropping one or two of those accessories once you've played a game or two because I did the exact same thing for a while, but a great choice of rifle none-the-less.

...and they're not chrome lined as any decent barrel should be, which leads to excessive wear and unusually high corrosion. Combine the poor construction quality with a ridiculously high retail price (purely because of all the hype) and you've got one unattractive firearm.

Hang on, wasn't that one of the issues the original M16 had?

So Bushmaster completely ignored the development hell of the M16? Genius :rolleyes:

Also -

I got my second P229 in April - but due to my revision for my exams, I forgot to post this here (I did post it elsewhere).

I found a new way of polishing the metal. New favourite pistol :D

P1011750.jpg

P1011751.jpg

• Supporters

Where do I start...

Girlfriend saw this pic,

2ac03e5d.jpg

And decide she wanted it,

0172ff2b.jpg

Which was then joined by this,

d4a5d879.jpg

The overall result being this,

f86b3e99.jpg

Anyways back in the 'sane' world, I worked out in my box of bits I had enough to build this,

c0a2fe87.jpg

Current stage of the build.

35d60517.jpg

ee20ecf2.jpg

Not too shabby for a bank holiday weekend :P

Don't store my gun at home so can't snap some decent shots. To give you an idea though;

PdQku.jpg

KWA SR10 with silencer, 509mm Barrel, 3-9x Sniper scope and bipod. Bipod is needed as the range is... Good to say the least...