Gun picture thread

M_P

• Supporters
I just noticed the "HEY CK FACE" haha, was that meant to be like a photo easter egg or something? Lol.

Uber late reply, my apologies. Been very busy! Helped blow up 13.5 tons of plastic explosive this week..

Anyway, wouldn't say 'easter egg' as such but the photo needed censoring to conform to the rules of the board, and it just seemed the logical move to leave the initials really, heh.

Changed mine abit

Magpul (clone) MBUS

G&P Aimpoint

Prefer the look of the aimpoint over the Eotec.

IMG_0018-2.jpg

Looks different. You think you have enough ammo?

• Supporters
It came that way out the box ;) All I added was the eotech :P

And now, my newest toy!

svds.jpg

The ARES SVD-S :D

Now that I want! A question though - is it front heavy?

• Supporters
My new CYMA Tack-tih-kul AK47.

Question: how do you get on with your scope so far forward?

I've got a similar tactical AK and I wonder if there's any point having a red dot scope so far forward, because I'm not sure I could see through it well enough there for it to be any better than firing over open sights.

I've got a similar tactical AK and I wonder if there's any point having a red dot scope so far forward, because I'm not sure I could see through it well enough there for it to be any better than firing over open sights.

Try one of those Kobra Red dots then, it comes with a mount to go straight on the receiver on the AK.. I had one on my AKS74U...It stay there all the time even without locking it down...don't try this though.. ;)

How do you put up images without "resized to '...' %"? Really annoying trying to make the image large on the thread

My M16, new RIS and realised I had nowhere to put my barrel mounted triangle sight so borrowed my air rifle's 4X32 scope and whacked some ris mounts on it. Looks like a DMR, but with full auto, now I know if you're hit or not :P

post-3532-1337545007_thumb.jpg

A light khaki spray over appears green accoring to my camera?

post-3532-1337545133_thumb.jpg

MK18 RIS II

post-3532-1337545149_thumb.jpg

Target practice (jokes)

• Supporters

Red dot sights actually work better the further from your head they are... Well, unless they're like, across a field or something. They don't need to be near your eye to work as there is no zoom, they just project a red dot onto your target. You don't even need to close an eye, just get the dot in your peripheral vision, line it up with the target and boom.

They're insanely satisfying to use and work amazingly well. Next time I'm at skirmish you can have a go with mine if you like, it'll go on your AK fine, though it might be a little high. We'll have to see.

The advantage of having it far forward is that it leaves your vision clear to see more stuff to your left and right, as there isn't a big black optic blocking your view, so you can spot and react to threats much faster.

i have to agree with ED i had a red dot at the the front of my m4 just behind the front iron sight and it worked grand and my brother still has one mounted on the front grip of his AK-PMC

• Supporters

Thanks lads. I've got a cheapo plastic one so I'll see what it's like on my AK before considering getting a better one.

Changed the M4 again!

Wanted a tan stock but really didnt want to paint the Magpul one........so i bought a new one! Cahnged to a FDE G&P stubby grip. fit is poor compared to the TM one but a few cable ties fixed the wobble. The aimpoint was treaated to a high mount.

IMG_0002-2.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

Maybe now i'm finished with it??

• Supporters

Someone's read the new ai mag ;) looks good

every weapon i own at the moment

100_0979.jpg

and like i said what a M4 should look like

100_0980.jpg

the wee blue one is the "beast of longisland" its the commando's hand cannon

Here is my new Masada:

DSC00791.jpg