Gun picture thread

M_P

• Supporters

Oh yeah, first picture upload and it's my finished L85! =D

post-1901-1327769236_thumb.jpg

• Supporters
damn chris you're good at gun photography

Heh, well I'm alright now, you should see some of my early efforts. It's taken me around 1000 pictures worth of practice to get to where I am, and that's just of weapons, doesn't include gear, loadouts or anything else non-airsoft. I'm also quite lucky in terms of having access to a decent, fairly modern camera.

The basic keys to good photos are getting outside, finding a nice, uncluttered natural background and time it so you've got good clean sunlight. Even with a phone camera you can get decent snaps if you follow those simple rules, the problem people have is they too often use the light from average house-hold lightbulbs, combine that with flash and a phone camera and it's hard to make the end result look good.

As I always say, even a cheap, battered gun can look amazing with the right photography. It's easy to make a £2000 rifle look cack in a bad photo though.

Oh yeah, first picture upload and it's my finished L85! =D

Nice work, impressive for a first effort, keep it up.

sorry if this has been asked but where did you get your l85 chris

Can't remember if I'm entirely honest, I purchased that on a pre-order back in '08 when the ICS very first came out. I think fire-support have some stock in, they're my favourite retailer for RIFs in the UK.

that paint job looks awesome on the Masada mate! Great job! :)

• Supporters

Well, it was Foliage Green, and I like mint choc-chip ice cream but not on guns.

Heh, unfortunately I played at the mall today, ran the RIS in the morning then swapped for the plastic in the afternoon and I've discovered that the rail is 90% pointless weight, ah well! I mainly put it together so I'd have the full set to photograph anyway, so no great loss.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Women are never happy :P just need to find an el'cheapo torch from town tomorrow and it's finished, until she decides she wants anything else adding/changing :rolleyes:

fd0d7e01.jpg

90940244.jpg

• Supporters

What you trying to say? :P Also a virtual cookie to anyone who can spot the slight problem with the gun

• Supporters

Or is it the yellow cable tie around the trigger guard? MAW?

• Supporters

It's one clip short because of the random screw in the top ris ;) And yup the crack, stepped backwards onto it a while back, damn plastic bodies, still holds together though :) definately proud of the spray job, took a while to dust the OD with just enough tan so that it looks like FG :P

Nah the cable tie is there to prove she's actually used it :rolleyes: and yup from maw, managed to get to the second half of the game last weekend

• Supporters
P1020897-1.jpg

I just noticed the "HEY CK FACE" haha, was that meant to be like a photo easter egg or something? Lol.

• Supporters

The fixed carry handle is there because it's the only plastic body I had, plus she prefers iron sights, the worst thing for me is, she chose everything on it, and it all works together and I quite like it <_<

• Supporters

Nick it looks odd with a folding stock.. but I actually kinda like it.

What's the largest battery that fits?

Nick it looks odd with a folding stock.. but I actually kinda like it.

What's the largest battery that fits?

yea kinda 416y, its a little different

and no idea, probs a large one but i use small ones

416 dont have folding stocks though.........

does look nice though. although with the long barel and silencer and the stock coming far back it looks like its been tied to each end of a gear assemble and streched out

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Decided my C8 needed a new look :)

9d1d56b0.jpg

2d1c5227.jpg

planned to upload this a long time ago and yes i fixed the stock

100_0957.jpg