Gun picture thread

M_P

Oh my god.

I just checked the prices for a black PTW cylinder!

£145.

That is ridiculous, I bought a complete steel bolt with NPAS from RA tech and that was only £55. (Admittedly it was their cheaper bolt, but it's still a complete bolt. I'm wasn't ready to pay £160 for a CNC steel version...)

Why the hell are PTWs so expensive? I know they're nice an all, but are they worth THAT much?

• Supporters

Ok I was wrong.... that is a lot more lol.

I know theyre good but I can't justify their price. If I want realism ill go gbbr is I want performance I'm sure I could get an aeg performing just as well with upgrades, mofset etc- tm sopmod for example.

Saying that, I have thought about them a lot before but I always ended up looking at gbbr's :P

I'd wager I could get an AEG to perform much better than a PTW because I wouldn't be afraid to open it up and do some actual work on it, instead of sending it off to tack. Not saying anyone who owns a PTW is doing it wrong, but it's not the way I like to do it.

And yes GBBRs have won my heart. My VFC scar, just bought it so it should be my new favourite toy.... just sits in the corner :P

That's what I was thinking, but it might have to wait a few months until I've finished my current projects and loadouts. Or I'll just half do things and this time next year I'll still be doing my UKSF loadout...

• Supporters

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/197/myweaponai.jpg/

the hand guard will be od along with the vert grip and stock their will be one rail ontop so i can mount my tdi 5 position light mount and torch on and the silencer is gonna be a tracer and the bayonet will only be mounted with the silencer off and a basic flashhider to protect the threads and its gonna be wired to the front so i can use the stock to house extra batteries ill also be using the ready mag system on the receiver and an extra two mags in the rifle cheek rests you get all p mags with the p mag magpuls on them

I agree with Marksman

Just because you spent more money on a gun, doesn't mean it will outperform all other weapons.

Also, sorry but I disagree. I don't think anyone has the right to be obnoxious... I could have bought a PTW if I didn't buy all of my other rifles too, but that would leave me with a single M4 that wouldn't actually have the performance I can get out of another AEG.

With the PTW hop unit, you can't use the flat hop mod with it, which produces 200ft+ shots with 330FPS, already proved. The PTW has little to no potential for anything new

• Supporters

Exactly just because you it costs a lot doesn't make it the best. If you have the skill and are able to spend a while tuning and upgrading a normal aeg you can get it performing just as well at a much smaller cost.

I'd like to know the absolute max range your PTW has right now, and the results of your 100 yard grouping, I'll do some work on my newly bought Scar and prove with a fraction of the cost I can have a better performing rifle.

I'm saying they're terrible for the price you pay.

For that amount of money, I'd expect the thing to hit the moon out of the box, but instead you actually have to spend it off to someone to get it modded... I find the idea laughable

aren't mid caps like £30-£100? i can't remember but i would love to have a nicely upgraded Systema MP5 :D

• Supporters

That's my problem with most (I must stress not all) ptw owners

They assume money = greatness

But as cerbo says, the performance is ridiculous for the price payed

Zak, its 6 120rd mags four £240