Gun picture thread

M_P

1 hour ago, djben9 said:

What have you used to fix pressure pad to grip?, ive been using tape as yet to get that rubber type tape that begins with an A haha

Velcro from Halfords. Use if for patches etc. too.

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/paints-body-repair/adhesives/velcro-heavy-duty-stick-on-tape-black

So for the first time in quite a while (about 4 months) I've been able to get ALL of my RIFs at home at the same time and all in working order. So it called for a little photo because why not.

airsoftcollectionnov2017.thumb.jpg.3e1f9f6f7fb1a506e7589d225c13efd6.jpg

Gun list is as follows:

• PTS Magpul RM4 ERG Scout (In the case)
  • Tokyo Marui AA-12 Shotgun
  • Krytac MK2 Trident CRB
  • Krytac Alpha SDP (No adjustable stock on mine)
  • Classic Army P90 TR
  • WE Gen 3 G17 with WET lightened slides (2*. One in case, Silver outer barrel, one on bed, Gold outer barrel)
  • ASG MK23
  • WE M9 Biohazard

Most of it works, some don't work so well and will take time.

My playstyle means the AA-12 isn't practical as I fire way too much for the batteries to handle (8.4v NI-MH's simply overheat and stop working)

The CA P90 is a pile of plastic dog sh*t.

My Krytac CRB has been modified with a Prometheus 6.03 Tight Bore Barrel, S-Hop and recently had the gearbox rebuilt alongside a new piston but for some reason is only firing at 260FPS with a .2g bb so that's something to look at. It does overhop .28's though which is funny, even with zero hop dialled in.

The MK23 doesn't get a lot of love as I still haven't found a decent holster for it that won't break the barrel.

• Supporters
17 minutes ago, Paltala said:

The MK23 doesn't get a lot of love as I still haven't found a decent holster for it that won't break the barrel.

Get a Double Tap Designs holster. Best mk23 holster I've found if you want to use the silencer. Which, let's be honest. Who wouldn't?...

• Moderators
4 hours ago, warlord said:

Haha, I was looking at that last Sunday in Halfords while looking at tape. I’ve some at home somewhere I was gonna use as the stuff my small torch came with came unstuck after a few mins 

15 hours ago, djben9 said:

Haha, I was looking at that last Sunday in Halfords while looking at tape. I’ve some at home somewhere I was gonna use as the stuff my small torch came with came unstuck after a few mins 

The Halfords stuff is really sticky and works well. It seems the hooks are harder wearing than much of the stuff on patches etc.

On 11/18/2017 at 6:40 PM, SeniorSpaz87 said:

Get a Double Tap Designs holster. Best mk23 holster I've found if you want to use the silencer. Which, let's be honest. Who wouldn't?...

Seconded...

Im buying another in the new year to akimbo my MK23s :)

I told myself I'd never buy an M4. And then I accidentally did. And then I accidentally bought some fancy things to stick on it. Damn it...

20171121_121658.jpg

1 minute ago, SilentMelon said:

My pride and joy: LCT AIMS 

Liking the ageing/wear patina on it. 

• Mostly Retired Moderators
9 hours ago, Greg147 said:

I told myself I'd never buy an M4. And then I accidentally did. And then I accidentally bought some fancy things to stick on it. Damn it...

20171121_121658.jpg

Specna?

You'll love it. 

Haven'tbeen able to fault mine.

It once shot wonky, but that's because my tracer unit was thrown off by the thrust washer on the outer barrel. Quality shooters them.

19 hours ago, L3wisD said:

Specna?

You'll love it. 

Haven'tbeen able to fault mine.

It once shot wonky, but that's because my tracer unit was thrown off by the thrust washer on the outer barrel. Quality shooters them.

Specna indeed! It was either that or a CYMA for the same price. Thought I'd give it a chance.

I was actually kind of underwhelmed by it at first. The hop's set on almost full at the moment and it can just about lift .2s to a decent range, but it couldn't handle .25s or higher at all. Admittedly it does the job on .2s, but I think perhaps it needs a better hop unit and/or rubber to really perform well. Stock keeps wobbling too. I've only used it for two skirmishes so far though, and will be taking it out again this weekend, so perhaps my opinion will change once some work is done on it!

I figured that an AK should never look factory fresh. So I roughened it up a bit with a foam sanding pad.

20171129_205342.thumb.jpg.9097736678c13a42787d720f8eb89aa6.jpg20171129_210512.thumb.jpg.92e76e27d177219ae3deeadb15a7587b.jpg

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Got my weapon out for the first time in weeks last night (oo-er!) And couldn't resist a few snaps.

I know it looks like everyone else's M4, but I bloody love it :)

I could never go back to a RIS rail now. Keymod for life I think. It's so much tidier, sleeker and the keymod accessories are so much more solid once they're on. 

YO1zySi.jpg

KC8McsL.jpg

3 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

I know it looks like everyone else's M4, but I bloody love it :)

"This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine. My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my rifle is useless. Without my rifle I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. Before God I swear this creed: my rifle and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of my enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but peace. Amen."

Very nice m4's guys, and I do like the keymod rail on it.. 

I get to shoot a lovely m4 too but it's rimfire so can't show it on the forum.. 

Lewis that's one beefy torch mate lol :)

Happy Shooting guys. 

ATB Marc