Gun picture thread

M_P

• Moderators

very nice!

I struggle to pick what to take to games with the 6 i have....think its 6....how do you cope!....i plan main gun for where im playing then back up then back to back up....and pistol!:D

17 minutes ago, djben9 said:

very nice!

I struggle to pick what to take to games with the 6 i have....think its 6....how do you cope!....i plan main gun for where im playing then back up then back to back up....and pistol!:D

This is why I stick to my couple.. nice an easy to pack and work out what to use

• Moderators

tbh most of mine are 'similar' and i do swap round after the lunch break :)

Thanks for the comments guys, tbh when I go to a game I usually take between 3-5 rifs which includes my side arms, it's the only chance I get to use them and my wife is sick of me using them in the kitchen :) I took my m249 out for the first time and dam I was impressed the range and accuracy on these things is great although I wouldn't be able to hump it around all day, the mini m4 is I believe a vfc vr16 stinger, for a compact rif it out ranges most apart from the Hk M27.

Nuprol Delta - Pioneer Defender

ASG Strike Systems 4x32 ACOG

Nuprol vertical foregrip

Nuprol BOCCA muzzle break & suppressor

Cheap scope protector from Amazon

3W CREE LED torch

Run exclusively on Nuprol N-Mag mid caps

Bloody accurate gun for the money! Get a 2 inch grouping at 50 yards, has never jammed or let me down, would highly recommend to newbies for their first RIF.

IMG_20171005_140631567.jpg

24 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Are we using the same definition of inches, yards, and grouping? :huh:

12 shots all landing within 2 inches of each other at 50 yards, these guns come as standard with a 6.02mm tight bore barrel, running 0.32g, its a ruddy accurate gun!

• Moderators

when you lot go on about groupings etc i have no real idea what my AEGs are like...as long as it hits the person im aiming at im happy....:lol:

So for testing then i need a target 50yards (45.72m) away and just aim and fire say 12 shots and see how they collate?....or would it be better closer as tbh most of my games are Urban with the odd shrubbery :)

12 minutes ago, djben9 said:

when you lot go on about groupings etc i have no real idea what my AEGs are like...as long as it hits the person im aiming at im happy....:lol:

So for testing then i need a target 50yards (45.72m) away and just aim and fire say 12 shots and see how they collate?....or would it be better closer as tbh most of my games are Urban with the odd shrubbery :)

Groupings only really matter if you're using an optic as you can't go off of one shot for zeroing your optic, just checked my measuring wheel and it measures in feet not yards, my bad! But 2" grouping at 50 yards is certainly nothing to be sniffed at! Its always nice to know exactly where your shots are landing at a given range, I play mainly CQB but at my local site there's a lot of opportunity for 20-40 feet engagements, but grouping is mainly to test the accuracy of the gun, shoot at the same spot 12 times, and whatever your grouping is, you know you're guaranteed to hit them if the area you've shot into is within your grouping :)

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Readman97 said:

12 shots all landing within 2 inches of each other at 50 yards, these guns come as standard with a 6.02mm tight bore barrel, running 0.32g, its a ruddy accurate gun!

You're saying you have an AEG that shoots 4 MOA in real firearm terms, so in the region of the average military issued carbine.  If that's repeatable, that's quite the feat indeed.

1 hour ago, EDcase said:

Readman97: I'd suggest to get the shield closer to the optic even though it looks like it'll be a bit high.

Could try tilting it...

IMG_20171005_171349244.jpg.3f34250468587517cfdd9da80e291a8f.jpg

Can't get it any closer without it obstructing the view of the scope, there's a 25mm riser right where it would be ideal lol

18 hours ago, Readman97 said:

Can't get it any closer without it obstructing the view of the scope, there's a 25mm riser right where it would be ideal lol

Get a 25mm riser from fleabay.

Better sight picture when wearing all the head gear too...

• Supporters
20 hours ago, CKinnerley said:

You're saying you have an AEG that shoots 4 MOA in real firearm terms, so in the region of the average military issued carbine.  If that's repeatable, that's quite the feat indeed.

My 'airsoft yards' detector went wild at this.  I can't shoot a 50mm group at 50 yards with an SA80!

1 hour ago, jcheeseright said:

My 'airsoft yards' detector went wild at this.  I can't shoot a 50mm group at 50 yards with an SA80!

A poor workman blames his tools ;) I will add it was at bench rest with a bipod indoors, ive always been a bloody good shot, shame the army wouldn't accept me due to a dodgy hip!

22 hours ago, CKinnerley said:

Just got a bel-tec 7mm fixed position scope protector from my local, has a lower profile mount so now I can get it right up against the scope without obstructed vision, I'd love to see them shoot it out now! 

IMG_20171006_154129660.jpg

Back to pics :)

After instantly regretting selling my TM G17, I bought another. As ever, it’s a work in progress, but at the moment Guarder slide & frame with all of the springs replaced with the uprated Guarder versions, as well as the sights.

UiFLqyx.jpg

7 minutes ago, jcheeseright said:

I'm still calling massive bullshit on 2" grouping at 50yds. 

Most airsoft guns struggle to shoot 50yds let alone group 2" at that distance. 

If your AEG can't keep a grouping at 50 feet, you need a better AEG..

2 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Back to pics :)

After instantly regretting selling my TM G17, I bought another. As ever, it’s a work in progress, but at the moment Guarder slide & frame with all of the springs replaced with the uprated Guarder versions, as well as the sights.

Gas blowback? If so, does it not shake that mini holo to bits?