Gun picture thread

M_P

I always thought that you could own an RIF without a defence, but you just couldn't buy one. So for example before I was 18 my dad would use his UKARA to get me a gun, so it'd be my property but because it was a gift it was legal to own without a defence.

I also thought that the UKARA was to protect retailers rather than players however i'm more than happy to be corrected because I'm not well read up on them and I've never really bothered with them, mostly because I'd just buy guns from the Republic of Ireland and I've never had any hassle bringing them back across the border or having them shipped directly.

• Root Admin

You're correct, but the issue is this covers the manufacture of RIFs too. I.e. removing the paint. Also, with buying, the liability is on the seller (the shop or person) and not the eventual owner. However, with manufacture the liability is on the person who manufactures it.

With both of the above: There is nothing about ownership. The law governs those few minutes in which the crime is being committed. Unlike owning a section 5 firearm where you're breaking the law just by owning one regardless of where you got it.

On ‎16‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 8:59 PM, SgtTalbert said:

Haven't been around for a while so thought id post some new purchases.

TM SCAR L & Secutor Gladius Glock 17

They look awesome mate. :)

Nice looking pair that, they match quite well to dont they..

Loving the suppressor too....

Happy Shooting..

ATB, Marc...

On 20/07/2017 at 11:11 PM, witchcraft58a said:

I have the same secutor 17, I really like it, but the paint on the frame is wearing off very quickly.

Pretty sure it's the tan aps frame underneath... 

How's yours holding up?

I haven't had mine long but seems great so far, the kick on Co2 compared to Green is very good.

In terms of paint coming off, as long as internally its all good, I don't mind, will add to the look really if anything

36130845582_63fec3e958_c.jpg

Been wanting to fettle with my Vz. 58 for a while now. Finally (after many expletives) managed to get the front sight off and am going to add the Vz. 58 Tactical Rail Handguard to it. Im hoping the sizing will be just right to give it an almost integral look. Then going to get a longer inner barrel. Maybe even get the M4 style buffer tube and a new stock of some kind.. who knows how this will end up.

On 7/16/2017 at 8:59 PM, SgtTalbert said:

Haven't been around for a while so thought id post some new purchases.

TM SCAR L & Secutor Gladius Glock 17

[+pics]

Tell you what mate, that glock looks seriously delicious. mmmm tan....
PLUS the slide mounted optic. Slick, Functional AND may even fit into a custom holster.... :P [A guy can dream, right?]

On 7/22/2017 at 8:38 PM, Darkmikey22 said:

Just a few of my British collection so far. 

Most of them are still a work in progress.

[+pic]

That FAL (or is it an FNC...? :s) is an interesting choice - I wasn't aware that they were used by the UK. Super nice collection though - and the union jack watermark overlay on the picture is a nice touch... XD 

(Don't think I didn't notice that...)

Are any of them GBB?

Here is the latest addition to my ever growing armoury.

iKxXHXO.jpg

An Ares DSR-1 with 3 mags, a gun I have wanted for a very long time. Purchased from Jason Ke on the forum here.

22 hours ago, Rolleym said:

That FAL (or is it an FNC...? :s) is an interesting choice - I wasn't aware that they were used by the UK. Super nice collection though - and the union jack watermark overlay on the picture is a nice touch... XD 

(Don't think I didn't notice that...)

Are any of them GBB?

Cheers bud.

Yeah the UK started using the L1A1 SLR around the mid 50's, I believe. The L1A1 is a derivative of the FN FAL, and was built under licence from FN. Even though both the SLR and FAL look the same, the L1A1 has a few different features compared to the FAL.

The UK version of the FAL then went on to be used by other countries like; Australia, Brunei, Canada, India, Jamaica, Kuwait, Malaysia, etc.

As for the watermark, it was added for two reasons. Firstly to emphasise the 'British' part, and secondly to try stopping it from being used without my consent. As I have had a lot of trouble with a few of my images being used on various websites without my knowledge. And one of those websites are the ones that charge you to download the image. took me nearly a year and legal action before they eventually removed it. Never did see any royalties from it either! :angry:

Which is why I always try to advise to people that post either high quality or artistic shots of their kit/rifles, to either water mark them with a logo or add 'such and such photography' somewhere in the shot where it can't be cropped out.

On 8/5/2017 at 7:21 AM, DarkAssassin said:

Nice collection Jay, here is the rest of mine.

They don't all got on the rack!

Seriously, you own most of my favourite guns on this wall - and actually i recently (like yesterday...) was looking at a couple to buy... xD

You've got nice taste. Actually, I've just ordered a TM Desert eagle (along with a guarder kit & internals - wish me luck with the install.. :s) and own a kwa vector which I'm planning to HPA it with mag fill adapters.

I was looking at the HPA'd Tipmann m4, the TM AA12 or a GBB Tar (hepeastus if I could find it). Any advice/reviews on them?

Primarily i was leaning towards the Tippman, due to the hi cap situation and their reliability, although I'd probably mostly run mids to prevent myself from spraying too much xD - depends on game run time/objective/team mates I suppose. 

Sadly I was only ever dreaming of buying ONE of the above! xD

[This year...]

#ArmouryGoals

On 8/5/2017 at 1:02 PM, Darkmikey22 said:

Cheers bud.

Yeah the UK started using the L1A1 SLR around the mid 50's, I believe. The L1A1 is a derivative of the FN FAL, and was built under licence from FN. Even though both the SLR and FAL look the same, the L1A1 has a few different features compared to the FAL.

The UK version of the FAL then went on to be used by other countries like; Australia, Brunei, Canada, India, Jamaica, Kuwait, Malaysia, etc.

As for the watermark, it was added for two reasons. Firstly to emphasise the 'British' part, and secondly to try stopping it from being used without my consent. As I have had a lot of trouble with a few of my images being used on various websites without my knowledge. And one of those websites are the ones that charge you to download the image. took me nearly a year and legal action before they eventually removed it. Never did see any royalties from it either! :angry:

Which is why I always try to advise to people that post either high quality or artistic shots of their kit/rifles, to either water mark them with a logo or add 'such and such photography' somewhere in the shot where it can't be cropped out.

Woweee, rough man - sounds like you've been through it. Sharks everywhere... :(  

This is my VFC 416, hope you like it! 

Pretty much stock internals, I've swapped out the grip (the hk one whilst good quality was really not comfy), charging handle is a Noveske, and stock is mission first tactical.  The riser on the stock is great for the 416 as the rail is slightly taller than normal m4's.

Other stuff includes a tracer unit with cover, mbus flip up sights, Sightmark holo sight, inforce light, magpul forward grip and rail panels.  I'm running it with the stubby pmags atm!

DSC_0291.JPG