Gun picture thread

M_P

27 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Err Toy gun, airsoft gun take your pick.

Cmon dude don't be such a drag lol

i thought maybe I'd call her Alice. Or perhaps Bonnie.

My sig can be Clyde :P

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, Oli.Hanks said:

Haha you know what this forum is about right? 

More than most I reckon.

It's a tool nothing more I don't name my spanners, I like them to be clean and shiny but name them erm no.

I reckon most airsofters give their guns girls names because its the closest they get to having a woman in their life :D

Naming them is all part of the fun, you're missing out.

plus it adds insult to injury when the big dude with the M249 gets taken out by Penelope

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, AshOnSnow said:

Naming them is all part of the fun, you're missing out.

plus it adds insult to injury when the big dude with the M249 gets taken out by Penelope

No I am not missing out because I am too busy playing and shooting people to waste time on naming my gun.

2 minutes ago, Oli.Hanks said:

Haha its something you admire and worked hard to get i think its pretty cool people name their guns adds character to what would otherwise be just a gun 

Trust me my gun has had way more work put into it than just a few bolt on baubles but it doesn't need a name other than "gun"

The only thing I own in airsoft that matters to me is space.

This is my space until I shoot you and take your space and then take everybody's elses space etc. The gun is just something to use to get that space. 

I appreciate a really nice gun and by nice I don't mean a generic M4 with fake fagpul bits I mean a really nice thought out one of a kind but "gun" will do.

But if makes you happy I vote for Forrest Whitacker because with the red dot on the side it looks like its got a wonky eye :blink: 

• Mostly Retired Moderators

I'm with Trigger on this one.

did have a status on here a few days ago where I shared my disagreement of naming guns after watching this review (I deleted the status after realising that quite a few of you probably have named guns, or find naming guns important...)

I watched about 30 second of it before seeing the description:

"Stryker reviewing his Nuprol Delta Sopmod A.K.A Sophia"

The man's pseudonym was bad enough but the "AKA Sophia" bit made me want to stop the video immediately.

I see it daily on the airsoft subreddit "here's my first airsoft gun - TM P226. What should i name her?"

I'm also the same, cynical and grumpy bastard when it comes to naming Cars, motorcycles, guitars etc.

They are things, not people.

Grumble grumble, moan moan etc...

1 minute ago, L3wisD said:

I'm with Trigger on this one.

did have a status on here a few days ago where I shared my disagreement of naming guns after watching this review

I watched about 30 second of it before seeing the description:

"Stryker reviewing his Nuprol Delta Sopmod A.K.A Sophia"

The man's pseudonym was bad enough but the "AKA Sophia" bit made me want to stop the video immediately.

I see it daily on the airsoft subreddit "here's my first airsoft gun - TM P226. What should i name her?"

I'm also the same, cynical and grumpy bastard when it comes to naming Cars, motorcycles, guitars etc.

They are things, not people.

Grumble grumble, moan moan etc...

14 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

No I am not missing out because I am too busy playing and shooting people to waste time on naming my gun.

Trust me my gun has had way more work put into it than just a few bolt on baubles but it doesn't need a name other than "gun"

The only thing I own in airsoft that matters to me is space.

This is my space until I shoot you and take your space and then take everybody's elses space etc. The gun is just something to use to get that space. 

I appreciate a really nice gun and by nice I don't mean a generic M4 with fake fagpul bits I mean a really nice thought out one of a kind but "gun" will do.

But if makes you happy I vote for Forrest Whitacker because with the red dot on the side it looks like its got a wonky eye :blink: 

You sound like a bunch of laughs. I think you take running around with toy guns way too serious

I dont like names when it means nothing like oh i got this its shiny ill call it sophia when it means somethong when it has a theme with custom paint job then heck yea name it also some should make a post for this debate

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, AshOnSnow said:

You sound like a bunch of laughs. I think you take running around with toy guns way too serious

That just shows how little you understand me. I don't take it serious I am the first person to shout its just a game and piss about. I just understand that the only thing that matters is the game, which is why I am so good at it B)

4 minutes ago, AshOnSnow said:

I really, really don't though.

Compared to some of the pseudo-soldiers I'm just a guy enjoying playing airsoft. I'm only in it for the fun.

If your fun is improved by christening your guns with names, then that's cool.

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

Snip

That's absolutely brilliant.

When he says the clothes are too big I nearly choked up my spleen and tactical t-shirt haha.

Whats with the toothbrushes and the can of custard?

That video just confirms my theories on what some airsofters are like.

Cheers needed that :lol:

8 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

That's absolutely brilliant.

When he says the clothes are too big I nearly choked up my spleen and tactical t-shirt haha.

Whats with the toothbrushes and the can of custard?

That video just confirms my theories on what some airsofters are like.

Cheers needed that :lol:

That video keeps on giving! Just watched it again and noticed the elastic band bundle of disposable lighters above the deep fat fryer. 

I might see if he has any others...

Edit:- wow..

• Moderators

Great video :D, funny my toy guns have similar red dot markings, sometimes yellow , they are great in CQB as they help camouflage you 

Nuprol Helikon gun case haha

agree with Helikon fitting better than viper though 

will have to watch again on the computer instead of phone

It's been a while, and ooooh, look at this, funky new website... and an argument about naming guns, business as usual XD

(I can see how an object can become more than the sum of its parts, but naming it is a little far imo) 

I finally got my Christmas present. Took this long to replace the incorrect version I got, I'm extremely fussy but I wanted a E1 instead of an E2...

WP_20170221_002.thumb.jpg.4401d5e921fc99c9827079c18f44631f.jpgWP_20170221_003.thumb.jpg.08caa5ee75ff2c8a9ef868eaa3aca444.jpgWP_20170221_005.thumb.jpg.12de6ff089a0e1ba591053c13242f843.jpg

(Probably should've turned the flash off, looks a bit naff)

P.S I can't seem to find the signature edit bit on the new layout, anyone know where it is?