Gun picture thread

M_P

• Supporters

Quite pleased with the way this has turned out...

Winter Flecktarn. Niiiiiice

Winter Flecktarn. Niiiiiice

Only cos I couldn't find matt paint rattle cans in the correct colours! It's not quite as far off as the pics make it look. I think the lighting on the matt lacquer knocks the colours back. But if anyone questions me about it, it's Winter Flecktarn! :D

How's the SureFire 60 replica? Presuming that one's a hi-cap?

I really like them, have had to put some tape down the back of the mag to get it to sit in the gun properly and remove the wobble. Is pretty tight now but with 850BBs you never need to reload (I use in semi 99% of the time too).

Really enjoying my wolverine DMR so I decided I'd go for something similar for when I'm not feeling sneaky and want to make some noise.

Tippmann m4.

6.23 orga barrel, 3D printed flat nub and prommy purple rubber.

Very impressed with the build quality and realism by tippmann. Kick is beautiful and it's loud as heck.

People give the handguard a hard time, simply because it's plastic... Come on, it's built like a tank, highly customisable and feather light. I don't plan to change it.

post-5008-0-15739400-1482430762_thumb.jpg

Really enjoying my wolverine DMR so I decided I'd go for something similar for when I'm not feeling sneaky and want to make some noise.

Tippmann m4.

6.23 orga barrel, 3D printed flat nub and prommy purple rubber.

Very impressed with the build quality and realism by tippmann. Kick is beautiful and it's loud as heck.

People give the handguard a hard time, simply because it's plastic... Come on, it's built like a tank, highly customisable and feather light. I don't plan to change it.

IMG_20161216_142007-3456x2592.jpg

Looks really good, I take it it performs as good as it looks!

IMHO, that ARES looks pretty decent right now. Not a fan of the accessories on the Krytac, but if it works for you it works for you.

I was trying to replicate the MK11 from lone survivor, obviously I failed!

They will both be fully kitted out after Christmas when I have some spare money ;)

• Supporters

I wouldn't say you failed at anything, it's airsoft you have no limitations placed upon you. However the main featured rifle in Lone Survivor was a Mk12 (556), so if you did want a Mk11 (762 NATO) you're on the wrong calibre with that Krytac. I've not seen Love Survivor, but if you're going for this gun:

600px-Lone76.jpg

Then as things stand, you'd need to change everything but your upper to get a close replication. Obviously how close you want to get on copying the details is entirely a preference, if you just want the vague style not a super-picky uber-accurate impression; just change to a quad rail and alter a couple of accessories on the current build then paint it and it would be along roughly similar lines in terms of general style.

I wouldn't say you failed at anything, it's airsoft you have no limitations placed upon you. However the main featured rifle in Lone Survivor was a Mk12 (556), so if you did want a Mk11 (762 NATO) you're on the wrong calibre with that Krytac. I've not seen Love Survivor, but if you're going for this gun:

Then as things stand, you'd need to change everything but your upper to get a close replication. Obviously how close you want to get on copying the details is entirely a preference, if you just want the vague style not a super-picky uber-accurate impression; just change to a quad rail and alter a couple of accessories on the current build then paint it and it would be along roughly similar lines in terms of general style.

I was just thinking long rifle with scope and suppressor, wasn't actually trying to replicate it completely. I have to admit I'm not clued up on the mk11s, mk12s etc, I just want to create something similar.

Thinking about painting them in that scheme though, looks pretty decent.

My WE HK416 GBBR with: RA-Tech steel internals (hammer, sears, BCG, etc...); 6.01 precision inner barrel; maple leaf hop up (diamond 70* I think); Magpul AFG and Nuprol Cobra QD suppressor.

Seeing as I'm a bit of a realism nut, I went ahead and ordered the VFC GBBR 416 stock and pistol grip to get it closer to the real thing. I also have an ACOG replica and rail mount for my ledlenser p7.2 with a pressure switch on the way. I was also debating a badger tactical latch and magpul ASAP for that "cool but still somewhat useful" look (my current sling setup is ragtag at best).

I know, I know. It's quite a common look for a common gun, but this one is mine and I love it 😋. Even with that damn cool down in winter.post-14581-0-10803200-1482885199_thumb.jpg

[Edit] The ACOG and torch mount turned up. This is it with them attached.

post-14581-0-50994300-1483027713_thumb.jpgpost-14581-0-51691100-1483027723_thumb.jpg

[Edit 2] Now the VFC grip and stock to make it more accurate to the real thing :)

Note: if anyone else is thinking of doing this, you should note that VFC use a slightly smaller buffer tube than WE, so it a super tight fit but it goes on. Also VFC don't use a spring for the fire select the way WE do. Be prepared for a lot of careful drilling and sanding / filling as they also don't use the exact same width for the pistol grip mounting point. It wasn't too hard to figure out but it's tedious and took up my morning.

post-14581-0-26396700-1483103861_thumb.jpgpost-14581-0-75723500-1483103872_thumb.jpg

Let me know what you think