Gun picture thread

M_P

• Head Moderator

Trigger's broom springs to mind lol

According to Wikipedia (not necessarily reliable) the reference is from Only Fools and Horses -

episode "Heroes and Villains", Trigger wins an award for having owned the same broom for 20 years. He reveals that it has had 17 new heads and 14 new handles, but insists it is still the same broom; this is an example of the Ship of Theseus paradox. This has given rise to the expression "Trigger's broom".

Edit: Also from WIki -

The ship of Theseus, also known as Theseus' paradox, is a thought experiment that raises the question of whether an object that has had all of its components replaced remains fundamentally the same object. The paradox is most notably recorded by Plutarch in Life of Theseus from the late first century. Plutarch asked whether a ship that had been restored by replacing every single wooden part remained the same ship.

• Supporters

According to Wikipedia (not necessarily reliable) the reference is from Only Fools and Horses - episode "Heroes and Villains", Trigger wins an award for having owned the same broom for 20 years. He reveals that it has had 17 new heads and 14 new handles, but insists it is still the same broom; this is an example of the Ship of Theseus paradox. This has given rise to the expression "Trigger's broom".

Ahh now I get it.

I hate only fools and horses so made no sense to me.

Guessing you are a tad younger than us folks but OMG, how can anyone hate Only Fools and Horses???? :o

I hate only fools and horses.....

• Supporters

Project MP5A2. This isn't complete yet as it still needs a new stock, cocking handle and thread protector for the flash hider. It started life as a TM MP5 and has had a A2/A3 style hand guard and lower receiver fitted. The upper receiver has been replaced with a metal version. Internally it will have a mosfet installed and a few other tweaks. The magazine is a 3D printed version that I made.

*snip*

Real awesome project mate, great work. Will be a sweet (and unique) piece all around when it's done for sure.

• Supporters

Guessing you are a tad younger than us folks but OMG, how can anyone hate Only Fools and Horses???? :o

Actually I am 39 so no not younger. Dont like the characters, didnt find half the jokes funny and it always irritated me.

Dont like a lot of the old british comedy stuff.

Dads army sucked

Only fools and horses sucked

Carry on sucked

Red dwarf was genius.

• Head Moderator

Dont like a lot of the old british comedy stuff.

Red dwarf was genius.

Possibily an idea for a new thread - British comedy shows - in the General Discusion or Media of the 'Off Topic' section.

So this is my Katana Raptor so far with the Nuprol ACOG and Holographic that I have mounted on an angle for fast CQB needs, AAC Big Dragon Suppressor, AFG2, Three point sling and the two flip up iorn sights are coming off but I left my tool kit in van day I took the picture. I have gone for camo form tape for a fully custom look and I know its not to everyone's taste but I like it. What you guys think? When I finish it will take proper picture with my camera rather than phone

post-12097-0-77959000-1453061034_thumb.jpg

finished the work on the MP5.

mp5%20mosfet_zps2n80a6cd.jpg

mp5%20finished1_zpsterbbxyk.jpg

mp5%20finished_zps7kwaqzmj.jpg

Also managed to get the RIS off the front of my TM 417 and replaced it with a 9 inch VFC one. Need to get a 1.5 inch barrel extension to finish it off.

TM%20HK417_zpsjtv4v3lc.jpg

TM%20HK417a_zpsfsiyvir6.jpg

And lastly got around to sorting out this VFC HK416 to be more "SEAL" like. Just got to decide if I want to spray and stencil it.

VFC%20HK416_zpsupyiqtln.jpg

VFC%20HK416a_zps25zmghku.jpg

• Moderators

mightjebus, whats the torch / peq and switch set up....looks interesting :)

I can see where the confusion is....

simply because I have loads of AEG's with mini tamiya's and I haven't got around to replacing them all to deans so it's easier to keep the LIPO's as MT and use deans to MT extensions for the time being.

The torch/Peq is this one ELEMENT PEQ16a

• Supporters

I can see where the confusion is....

simply because I have loads of AEG's with mini tamiya's and I haven't got around to replacing them all to deans so it's easier to keep the LIPO's as MT and use deans to MT extensions for the time being.

The torch/Peq is this one ELEMENT PEQ16a

Well if you dont have time to look after them properly I could adopt a couple.

Just not that gold AK that would be like having a ginger kid ☺

• Head Moderator

Well if you dont have time to look after them properly I could adopt a couple.

Just not that gold AK that would be like having a ginger kid ☺

More like having a ginger step-child

• Head Moderator

you think the Amoebas are uglier than these?

Yes. I am not too keen on the FN Scar 'Wellington boot' stock either. Still there is a gun out there for everyone, and even the ugly ones will have someone who loves them.

• Supporters

you think the Amoebas are uglier than these?

ugly%20AK_zpsbn5qw5v6.jpg

muzzelite_zpsvlvcio0x.jpg

Yes its much worse.

The Ak is just a gun that an idiot has ruined and I am not sure what the other thing is but guessing its probably the same deal.

The Amoeba is hideous from the off and that was designed by a whole group of designers not just a single person with no taste.

So for that reason alone it wins the uggo competition.

Slowly getting there :)

Just need low scope mounts rings, decent flashhider or suppressor.

What scope are you using here?