Gun picture thread

M_P

• Supporters

79 guns.... you really aren't helping...

You just gotta accept that list is never gonna go down... But don't worry... I'm sure some of the new stuff I'm getting here in the states will grow your list a bit... Muhahahahaha

What grip is that?

It's a Laylax grip for MP7 & RIS. Don't think it's quite made it over here yet. I broke the hop-up when swapping the barrel (screw too tight and dial/wheel snapped) and only replacement i could find was off a japanese website. This was the first result under an 'MP7 search' there and listed as a new product.

I figured it'd be more comfortable and stop the 'i'm gonna snap it off' paranoia the stock folding grip seemed to inspire in me. Certainly is more comfortable, but it's still v small gun and the angle you hold it at means i found my sleeve caught on the torch i put on the left side-rail few times.

God I want an MP7....I have no use for it other than it being my favorite weapon of all time.

very nice sir

I got it for the single-shot only 2nd half of the skirmish day at The Mall, when there's no point dragging 3-4kg of full-auto AEG around for. I find gas pistols a pain in the ass so was going to get an AEP like the marui g18, but then realized this was essentially the ultimate AEP, sharing many components with said marui g18.

So I talked about getting one, then stumbled across one here 2nd hand and snapped it up. Not realizing my mates had gone and bought me a new one for my birthday.

So now I have 2 MP7 and a wish blind-fire rules weren't quite so strict so I could enjoy an action-hero moment or two :) I filled the 2nd hand one with laylax internals and a custom spring, but still having issues with fps consistency. I'm told i need to fire a few thousand rounds through it for it to break in the spring and let it all settle before i start worrying about what else is causing the inconsistency (between 270 and 310 fps)... I'll see, might be me not sealing things properly, was a total bitch of a little fiddly gearbox to mess with, certainly straight in the deep-end for me with it being first gearbox i'd replaced internals for.

I got it for the single-shot only 2nd half of the skirmish day at The Mall, when there's no point dragging 3-4kg of full-auto AEG around for. I find gas pistols a pain in the ass so was going to get an AEP like the marui g18, but then realized this was essentially the ultimate AEP, sharing many components with said marui g18.

So I talked about getting one, then stumbled across one here 2nd hand and snapped it up. Not realizing my mates had gone and bought me a new one for my birthday.

So now I have 2 MP7 and a wish blind-fire rules weren't quite so strict so I could enjoy an action-hero moment or two :) I filled the 2nd hand one with laylax internals and a custom spring, but still having issues with fps consistency. I'm told i need to fire a few thousand rounds through it for it to break in the spring and let it all settle before i start worrying about what else is causing the inconsistency (between 270 and 310 fps)... I'll see, might be me not sealing things properly, was a total bitch of a little fiddly gearbox to mess with, certainly straight in the deep-end for me with it being first gearbox i'd replaced internals for.

Yeh I am the same, I'm not a fan of gas at all. I got a WE glock 23 & was a total dissapointment. Sold it & never replaced it.

The MP7 has been my top weapon for years before I got into Airsoft since I saw & held a real one at the royal armories here in Leeds.

Maybe one day I will justify getting one, although I'm struggling to find a use in woodland skirmishing :)

That MP7 is fantastic!!!

Me wanty :)

Guest PT247

Not a proper gun picture, although it is in the background ;-)

Been working on getting my VSR to 350 fps, it came firing 310, I ordered a 100 spring which took it to 325 fps so ordered a 110 spring which then shot up to 410fps.... so put back in the 100 spring and it is now bang on the money.... Amazing what ensuring a good air seal can do for your fps/consistency! :D

_20150623_153823_zpskpmllnjp.jpg

Not a proper gun picture, although it is in the background ;-)

Been working on getting my VSR to 350 fps, it came firing 310, I ordered a 100 spring which took it to 325 fps so ordered a 110 spring which then shot up to 410fps.... so put back in the 100 spring and it is now bang on the money.... Amazing what ensuring a good air seal can do for your fps/consistency! :D

Good servicing! Out of interest what does 350fps with 0.3g bb equate to with 0.2g?

Guest PT247

.... ahh see what you mean, although the chrono says 0.3g BBs that was with 0.2g BBs.....

Had I been hitting 350 on 0.3g BBs it would equate to around 430fps on 0.2g BBs.

• Supporters

VFC SR-16 upper re-threaded to proper RS specs. ALG Defense barrel nut installed along with the barrel and gas block/tube, all nice and straight and secure. Just need a new muzzle device to properly cover the inner (since it's slightly longer than the outer) and I can finally finish this build. It's taken ages since there was originally a VFC URX II on there which consist of a primary barrel nut, the rail itself which screws on to the threads that are on the outside of said barrel nut, then another outer-barrel securing nut. All 3 parts were torqued to insane values way beyond what's needed for airsoft and while there is a proprietary tool available to remove the outer barrel nut, there is no tool on the airsoft market for the tiny little primary nut or the actual rail. Took a lot of improvisation to get the damn thing apart so as to switch the forend.

18501202874_c7925cd942_b.jpg

• Supporters

19377767302_e87447c4d7_c.jpg

Ho-lee-schizer... Dang that thing's beautiful.