Gun picture thread

M_P

The auto ones seem very hard to find too, I have seen one TM version pop up on the FB sales pages in the last few months and that went for more than the new price when they were available

How do you find the WE compared to a TM pistol in terms of reliability and build?

• Supporters

The auto ones seem very hard to find too, I have seen one TM version pop up on the FB sales pages in the last few months and that went for more than the new price when they were available

How do you find the WE compared to a TM pistol in terms of reliability and build?

To be honest I have not had any issues with either :)

Also worth noting, there is a couple of videos on YouTube, of early WE full auto Barry Burtons blowing the back off the slide

• Supporters

That's a lovely case full, Sp00n ;):)

• Supporters

My G36KV is called Jetta, but that's just because it's a cool Germanic female name... no clue on the reference to which you are alluding, mate :)

• Supporters

My G36KV is called Jetta, but that's just because it's a cool Germanic female name... no clue on the reference to which you are alluding, mate :)

I'll give a hint; she's a book character.

• Supporters

^^wtf?

The extent of my comic/graphic novel nerdage is quite restricted I'm afraid - pretty much 2000AD & spinoffs circa '80-88 so Dredd, Slaine McRoth, ABC Warriors, Strontium Dog, Sinister & Dexter even, oh and how could I forget, "The Ballad of Halo Jones" (years later I got to know the woman whom the artist used as the muse/model for the character "Life Sentence" which was a bit spooky, although tbh I can no longer remember her name - it was a mental time); although I do vaguely remember Planet Story and Mechanismo by Harry Harrison.

I wrote "comic books" but it posted before I could actually finish the whole sentece then the PC froze.. And I think I hit delete like a billion times and got distracted. By work etc as I shouldn't have been forum browsing lol....

Anyway, which book is Jet taken from?

That was basically the gist of it lol

• Supporters

I'll give a hint; she's a book character.

Are any of your other guns called Tank or Booga?

• Supporters

No... My M4 is named "Mother"... Not for any overly-maternal features, but for another, slightly longer word beginning with 'mother'... From another book.

• Supporters

Anyway, which book is Jet taken from?

That was basically the gist of it lol

From a series aptly titled "Jet". Israeli Mossad agent, fakes her own death to get out of Mossad, and has just about every criminal force come after her for various reasons throughout the series. Her favourite weapons are first the MTAR, then the MP7... Hence the name. My G17 is named "Rogers" in honour of the guy who gave it to me and did all the custom work, Mr Bill Rogers.

• Supporters

From a series aptly titled "Jet". Israeli Mossad agent, fakes her own death to get out of Mossad, and has just about every criminal force come after her for various reasons throughout the series. Her favourite weapons are first the MTAR, then the MP7... Hence the name. My G17 is named "Rogers" in honour of the guy who gave it to me and did all the custom work, Mr Bill Rogers.

Because everybody was going to get that being such a well known work of modern fiction😞

• Supporters

Hey, someone on here knows who "Scarecrow" is, so why not Jet?... But didn't really expect anyone to get it...

• Supporters

Hey, someone on here knows who "Scarecrow" is, so why not Jet?... But didn't really expect anyone to get it...

On account of my literary knowledge being mostly comic related I assumed jet girl (best friend of tank girl) which clearly leads me to scarecrow being the batman bad guy...

• Supporters

Nope, not even close.

• Supporters

On account of my literary knowledge being mostly comic related I assumed jet girl (best friend of tank girl) which clearly leads me to scarecrow being the batman bad guy...

That I get but Spazs reference was like

I am thinking of a number between 1 and a million.

Will be looking up the book though to see if its any good.

• Supporters

Recommend Matthew Reily's Scarecrow series over Jet; after about the third book in Jet you just kinda think "give the woman a break already...". Scarecrow still has the awesome action of any action novel, but has some darker scenes and interesting villains.