Gun picture thread

M_P

• Supporters

attachicon.gifmk12.jpg

Finally got most of the pieces together for my Mk12 style impression, painted and worn down. Still waiting on a few finishing ancillary parts but its mostly there and working, Just need to get out and skirmish it properly. I took it down to Trojan CQB a few weeks back and it worked pretty well all things considered. Still debating angled iron sights or a DR red dot,

What's the scope?

mk12.jpg

Finally got most of the pieces together for my Mk12 style impression, painted and worn down. Still waiting on a few finishing ancillary parts but its mostly there and working, Just need to get out and skirmish it properly. I took it down to Trojan CQB a few weeks back and it worked pretty well all things considered. Still debating angled iron sights or a DR red dot,

Where'd you get the bipod, as every Harris style one I've had has disintergrated when in use

Where'd you get the bipod, as every Harris style one I've had has disintergrated when in use

You must be doing it wrong, the Harris on my old M700 was bombproof

What's the scope?

Both are from an Ebay seller Business319 I have used them a few times, they always deliver by courier and product quality is above average for cheap chinese produce. I have had one of their gun bags that has held up quite well for over a year now.

The scope is here, just a cheap chinese variable scope 3-9x40 with illuminated reticle. It's decent for £18, its not what i could call a "good" quality scope but is certainly up to the job of airsoft and is on par with other budget branded air rifle scopes. The lense is a little cloudy ( it may just need a clean), but still entirely usable, and its roughly finished internally, but it zeros well, holds its zero and it variable zoom is quite good. I have seen reputable airsoft shops selling significantly inferior "airsoft" scopes for 4 times the price. Its certainly worth a punt.

The bipod is here Again its chinese but it does seem to be built a lot better than any airsoft branded bipods I have seen. I do have a habit of stripping any acm parts down and threadlocking and retightening all the screws, and i would certainly recommend threadlocking the main attachment screw if its going to be affixed permanently. It seems to be built fairly well with half decent alloys.

The weaver mount came with a bolt and threaded, they were stripped out of the box. I just drilled out the threading and put a new bolt with a nut and washers on before painting and it works pretty well.

OK it needed a little fettle but for £17 you won't get a great OTB bipod.

Guest PT247

10406863_10152707861251820_4265248546251

11136729_10152707861296820_5448200784425

1535487_10152707861216820_40043860280366

HPA hi-cap seems just about sorted now, touch and go if my reg is up to the job of getting enough air to the mag as this needs 195psi with no hop to get 350fps from a 0.2g BB and the reg only goes to 200psi. Hopefully with the hop on it'll only drop a little fps.

Guest PT247

I transition left to right handed a lot so needed to be able to get my eye to a red dot sight quickly but also wanted a longer range scope as the G5 has fantastic range.

Maybe I should have put my tri-rail red dot under the optic, then I'd have had room for another couple of reflex sights too! :D