Gun picture thread

M_P

Full LMT setup done! Contour attached, SRS sight, ASCU V2 and R-Hop installed. Taking it out next weekends skirmish to see how she performs.

attachicon.gif IMG_20150222_114509.jpg

The SRS looks amazing! I need to get myself one of those...

The SRS looks amazing! I need to get myself one of those...

Thank you! I was (at first) dreading it when I bought it as 1. it cost a small fortune for an RDS and 2. it's a biiiig sight. However putting it on I was really pleased with how it looked.

Thank you! I was (at first) dreading it when I bought it as 1. it cost a small fortune for an RDS and 2. it's a biiiig sight. However putting it on I was really pleased with how it looked.

do you have a youtube channel? would love to see some of the footage from that contour roam 2 :D

do you have a youtube channel? would love to see some of the footage from that contour roam 2 :D

No not yet, but now that I have a Contour and GoPro set up I'm going to start and hopefully get a channel going.

• Supporters

that looks sweet ed, on a side note is the rear iron sight at risk or being damaged hanging off the back?

A little I guess, but I wasn't ever going to play with the stock folded, it's just for transport and I thought the compactness was satisfying so I wanted to capture it lol.

• Supporters

Full LMT setup done! Contour attached, SRS sight, ASCU V2 and R-Hop installed. Taking it out next weekends skirmish to see how she performs.

attachicon.gifIMG_20150222_114509.jpg

What do you think of the SRS sights?

I think they look awesome, but they seem to have just popped up out of no where lol, I feel like I don't know enough about them to justify buying one.

I think they look awesome, but they seem to have just popped up out of no where lol, I feel like I don't know enough about them to justify buying one.

Quite true, they did just spontaneously pop up without notice. I personally think they're great, but it's all down to personal preference. You have to get the gun right though, it's a big bulky sight and will look ridiculous on quite a few guns I'd imagine. It looks nice on my Marui Scar-L and my LMT. However I couldn't say it would look nice on let's say, an MP5 or other submachine guns/ PDW's.

In terms of performance it's wonderful though. Ten levels of brightness and no red/ green laser business, just a good, clear, pinpoint red dot. Adjusted by Allan screws so no stupid flathead adjustments or covers to loose. Obviously being a large sight the window is very large too which I personally like. Doesn't restrict target acquisition and let's you see clearly down range and great for close encounters too. Built to work with 3x magnifiers too so you can throw on a Aimpoint 3x magnifier and be on your way. Full metal, solid as a rock, can't go wrong.

Just a bit pricy..

• Supporters

This is my G&G Short Raider yall have heard so much about. Hopefully won't be too hot for The Mall tomorrow... Got a Rogers SuperStoc, Safariland torch, Safariland Single Point Harness & Adapter, some generic green laser sight with a pressure pad, a B&T tracer unit/silencer, and a short DBoys M203 on this gun.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Also included is a pic of my gun bag with my primary, the Raider, as well as my secondaries; a WE P226 and G17. My backups there include two ACM guns, an MP40 (really going along to chronograph, won't use it) and a P90.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Well, after action report is in. Raider using 122a gas dropped to around 320, so it would have been fine for The Mall. However, for whatever the gas kept venting out after the first shot; might have been because it was quite cold in there today; also, my gas bottle was low and Luke didn't have any gas in stock, so moved onto my secondary, my ACM P90.

Ran into problem #2 with this one... Probably due to a grease buildup in the front of the gearbox, my P90 jumped 80 FPS, which is ridiculous. So I was awkwardly running around with an MP40 with one low cap mag for the day; got a few looks for it too :).

All in all, not bad once I found a gun I could use. Raider should work once I get more gas, and my MP40 held its own against guns with much more ammo, +1 to me possibly going to some WWII games someday...

• Supporters

They're been quite popular with people on arnies for a while, people seem to be very impressed with the quality of them.

• Supporters

The SRS probably seemed to 'appear' as Trijicon only released the real one a couple of years ago. Most of the Aimpoints and EoTechs we're all used to seeing have been around since before many folks started airsofting, whereas the SRS has come out since AFAIK. Didn't take the cloners long to start copying them either.

Where have you guys picked yours up? If it's anything like the various ELCAN Spectre copies out there there might be multiple factories making copies and the quality of the one you get varies by the retailer you buy from.

All in all, not bad once I found a gun I could use. Raider should work once I get more gas, and my MP40 held its own against guns with much more ammo, +1 to me possibly going to some WWII games someday...

Not surprising at the mall. Once you take range (and full auto) essentially out of the equation, I find mag capacity makes almost no difference. I used nothing more than a 1911 last time I played there, probably did the best performance wise that I ever have.

• Supporters

New custom chrome silencer. oh yes its complete and looking gooooooood.

20150307_094841_zpsh4tnobfl.jpg

20150307_094831_zpsadsin7an.jpg

20150307_094850_zpslhfmb1jx.jpg

• Supporters

My M4A1 (semi)build is now finished. Saying its a semi-build as the receiver, hand-guard, and gearbox were already together. Put a Rogers Super-Stoc on the back, mounted a few rails to the TRX rail, rewired it from deans to mini-Tamiya, replaced the old hop unit with a new one, added a Madbull Hutu, spliced it into the existing wiring, spliced in a switch, broke the switch which fried the Hutu ground wire, replaced the Hutu ground wire, spliced in a new switch, bolted it all down, took it apart again (due to the wiring preventing the magazine from seating), simplified the wiring, put it back together, and it's working well now.

So what's here?

This M4A1 is from BigAl, so it's got a G&P receiver with Colt trademarks, a Star gearbox, Madbull Ultimate Hop Unit + tracer, Rogers Super-Stoc, Rogers GripPod with added RIS rails, Safariland torch, fake PEQ box for battery (soon to be replaced by another that is on its way), a decent green laser (too lazy to look up the brand), a GoPro bar mount, a GoPro RIS mount (not pictured), a Madbull version of the Troy TRX hand-guard with Troy trademarks, a Safariland single point harness, a Wilson Combat dual mag coupler, an ICS folding front sight, a TruGlo RDS, and a foam filled silencer which actually does bring down the noise some. I can also switch the GripPod out for a DBOYS M203 UGL if I am playing CQB.

*Edit

Moving this here from Loadouts, don't know why I posted it there in the first place.

Anyone got any suggestions for a flash hider (standard 14mm CCW)? I'm inclined to swerve the usual hexagonal design fashion everyone is going with on their modern AK's these days...

How about going full DSHK with this?

Patriot%20Mock%20Flash%20Suppressor%20fo

You know you want to ;)

• Supporters

You know you want to ;)

Nah, I don't. If she was a PKM or anything with a fat calibre than yeah...

...but 5.45x39mm? Just wouldn't feel right.

I mean, I'm not going full purist, but putting something that looks like a scaled down artillery muzzle on an LMG feels like putting an EOTech on a pistol. And yeah, I know people have done it and may they be happy as larks... pillarks!

BTW, I'm calling her "Raisa".

looks awesome Mack, how do you find the element M3X? mine was rubbish!

To be honest id agree with you mate, its complete garbage. What you cant tell from the pic is that its superglued in 2 parts as it broke in half the first time trying to put it on the rail. Suprisingly still works though :ph34r:

• Supporters

I was considering getting the VFC one to see if it's any better, decided against it in the end, there's so many pictures of guys with surefire M600 lights on their block2 guns that I went for that instead, much more robust and a shitload brighter!

Started to make my m4 look like an L119A1, just waiting on the rail and optic now. Just wondering whether I should also get the proper pistol grip for it?

Also, the stock wobbles quite a bit, doesn't restrict me in any way, just annoys me that it's there. Can anyone think of a way to stop it?

595b5f60-c1a3-445c-8061-acf46e485036_zps