Gun picture thread

M_P

Got my madbull troy TRX rail on the post today. So 20 mins later it's on.

I had to file off a small lug l the upper receiver for the rail to fit snug.

6233230B-3880-4E18-8E92-78A818BB3469.jpg

My Mk12 impression SPR is nearly finished, the last few externals have all arrived and put together. I'm just waiting on a new Gearbox shell from AK2M4 (much credit to Pete, good guy and great site) to put the gearbox back in after my other two shells both have selector plate issues. :angry:

I'm really tempted to put the GHK GBB conversion in it.

C664DD91-E4AF-41E2-A879-FD8E5F3F1813_zps

Partslist:

Madbull JP Rifles 18" barrel and Flash Hider

455mm 6.01 TBB with Maple Leaf Hop up rubber and H nub

Classic Army Hopup Unit

ZCI RAS

KA style Hand guards

Harris style Bi-Pod, great for looks but may swap it out for a gripod for practicality.

G&G GR16 reciever.

Magpul grip and P-Mag

Clasic Army full Stock

ACM Cantelever mount

ACM 3-9 x 40 EG Scope.

The gearbox is going to be a ZCI microswitch shell, built to DMR spec as per "the guide" but to 350fps and retaining full auto like a real Mk12. I'm going to run it standard for a while before deciding on an AB mosfet or a MERF 3.2 and how it will wire into the microswitch trigger.

Finally I can't decide on the paint job!! I was thinking of doing a full beat up "just back from the sandbox" style paintjob, however 1) i'm not that artistic and cant picture how i want it to look and 2) I t looks decent black, and would suit my civi style demilitarized loadout. I cant decide what to do .... opinions?

• Supporters

Sounds good! The new gen Gate Mosfets are all fine with the microswitch trigger by the way.

. I'm just waiting on a new Gearbox shell from AK2M4 (much credit to Pete, good guy and great site) to put the gearbox back in after my other two shells both have selector plate issues.

The gearbox is going to be a ZCI microswitch shell, built to DMR spec as per "the guide" but to 350fps and retaining full auto like a real Mk12. I'm going to run it standard for a while before deciding on an AB mosfet or a MERF 3.2 and how it will wire into the microswitch trigger.

before you fit all the gearbox components to the ZCI shell put the 2 halves together and check the fit of the hop unit into the front, its almost certain you will need to file a small amount away to get a good fit. I only say this as I didn't first time round and had to dismantle the entire gb in order to correct it and then thoroughly clean out the filings.

The microswitch is a standard electrical component which you can get quite easily from places like Maplins if need be. However note that it is wired so that it fires when the actuator bar is REMOVED from the pressure switch (rather than it having to press the switch as in Ares guns), no biggie, just seems a bit "huh?" until you realise its a clever system that prevents half cycling as juice goes to the motor until the actuator returns to its correct position, presses the switch and cuts power. It works very well. Got 2 of these boxes and not had any problems despite neither having mosfet fitted. :)

So the Kobra red dot I bought on the 20th, from dualdealshop on fleabay, turned up from Hong Kong today (actually yesterday now it's past midnight, so the 24th) - 4 days woohoo! I had to disassemble the whole side of it to get the dovetail side mount thingumajig on to the side of my AK, but for £47.50 i'm well pleased. The alternative reticule shapes look pretty decent (in a faux-Soviet way - ie like space invaders) and the brightness control produces noticeable results with each step, so it has more settings than 'so dim it's pointless, still too dim to use, nearly bright enough, bright enough but runs the battery down in 3mins flat'. Here it is on Morena:

IMAG0473.jpg

IMAG0474.jpg

excellent pictures! AK thread?

Okay, I don't actually take delivery until 28th Feb so these are not my pics, but my Owen gun is finished!!

Meet Evelyn:

DSCF3025_zpsm8jfd19z_1.jpgDSCF3028_zpskb1xdga6_1.jpg

This earlier photo shows how she strips down for storage:

DSCF3011_zpsh0w6qzeh-1.jpg

Internally it's an ASG Sten Mk2 with a modified hop up. That means a modified ver7 gearbox. It takes MP40/Sten magazines. The entire hopup/barrel assembly can be removed using the barrel release catch, as you would on the real steel gun.

The Owen gun was the Australian equivalent of the Sten or the M3 Grease gun. It featured a vertical mag as this allowed mags to be changed whilst prone. The Sten also allows easy mag changes whilst prone but a mag in the side of the gun makes it more likely to catch on vegetation. A vertical mag also improves feeding. Unlike other submachine guns of it's era, it has the cocking handle in a separate section of the receiver from the bolt. The bolt will jam if dirt gets to it and the slot for the cocking handle is the most likely place for this to happen. This is the reason for the removable front end, as to strip it you have to take the bolt out from the front. In trials it was pitted against the Sten, Thompson and some german submachine guns, after immersion in sand and mud only the Owen would still fire. The design was not as cheap and easy to produce as the Sten, but Australia was in a very different position to the UK in that they were more self sufficient in terms of raw materials and their factories were not getting bombed.

Incidentally Evelyn Owen was the guy who invented it, hence my choice of name for this gun.

I think you just won this thread!

makes me wanna start a build! :)

*left the pics deliberately

My 2nd PTW:

08 base

Eagle Eye HK416 kit

Shortened board (lipo mod)

Orga barrel

Orga flat hop

And a multitude of external bits

Also a dusty tan/snakeskin paint job B)

very nice mate, order of Stu?

very nice mate, order of Stu?

No mate got it second hand a couple of weeks ago, but i would imagine it originally came from him.

thought I would show off my mate's vsr, as I took some ok photos but never bothered to upload them so here they are. He spent a lot on the vsr upgrading the internals to aspuk etc, you know the deal

743_zpsi5yp75oq.jpg

744_zpsh6wkzaau.jpg

734_zpsrvtfowwr.jpg

739_zpsxnlupcx5.jpg

Here are my 2 so far:

First up is a bog standard L85A2 with Susat:

IMG_2090.jpg

Before anyone picks me up on it I know the front sight pillar needs to come of :)

Second Rifle is an F88 Austeyr:

IMG_2088.jpg

IMG_2089.jpg

Note i've only created the Original or A1 version of the rifle Thale produced by using a TM body and a Beta Project F88 Flash hider.

Here is a good comparison picture which shows the difference between a Thale AUG and the original Austrian version:

49469429.jpg

They are both carbine versions hence why the barrels a bit different. Unfortunetly I lost the Gas Block on my rifle falling down a hill which is why you cant see it in the pictures of mine :/

What I would really like to create one of Thale's A2 variants:

download.jpg

Converting an airsoft A2 receiver should be possible, however no one sells the dam things separate so I have a hunt on my hands.

The A1 works nicely for me though as the NZ armed forces used DPM's, MK6 helmets and various forms of british webbing but, ironically enough due to the uselessness of the L85A1, they still use the F88A1s still to this day.

Nice, but you're right, you do need to get rid of the foresight! lol

• Supporters

Cord fitted doesn't look half bad. Just need a toggle cord stop :-).20150211_213938_zps88nyjkp4.jpg20150211_213945_zpsr8o5s3bv.jpg20150211_214026_zpsklvzfxrr.jpg

so finally after a little trial and error got my Keymod Flush. If you look at my quote the first pic you can see roughly 1/2" gap.... tis no more.

20150221_153810_zpsn5asvuv2.jpg

20150221_153840_zps6uhbf6rn.jpg

• Supporters

Been a while since I even visited this thread, let alone posted a photo.

Just packing the kit for tomorrow and thought there was something immensely satisfying about the compactness of my SCAR, and I thought it looked pretty boss from this angle too.

So here's an unbelievably high quality shot from my toaster:10981437_10152710512992913_9698884063699

• Supporters

This is my G&G Short Raider yall have heard so much about. Hopefully won't be too hot for The Mall tomorrow... Got a Rogers SuperStoc, Safariland torch, Safariland Single Point Harness & Adapter, some generic green laser sight with a pressure pad, a B&T tracer unit/silencer, and a short DBoys M203 on this gun.

Also included is a pic of my gun bag with my primary, the Raider, as well as my secondaries; a WE P226 and G17. My backups there include two ACM guns, an MP40 (really going along to chronograph, won't use it) and a P90.

• Supporters

Hmm, don't know why it double posted... Ignore the first one

• Supporters

Hmm, don't know why it double posted... Ignore the first one

We live to serve... :lol:

Been a while since I even visited this thread, let alone posted a photo.

Just packing the kit for tomorrow and thought there was something immensely satisfying about the compactness of my SCAR, and I thought it looked pretty boss from this angle too.

So here's an unbelievably high quality shot from my toaster:

that looks sweet ed, on a side note is the rear iron sight at risk or being damaged hanging off the back?

I hope these photo's aren't too big haha.

• CYMA CM031, bog standard AK74

SHgfFRll.jpg

• G&G GK5c, replica of the Swedish standard issue rifle the AK5c.

yWqWhTTl.jpg

• TM G36c, wanted to set it up in an armed police sort of way, which was not difficult at all :P

S5hnLKfl.jpg

I have an ICS M4 and a TM G3 too. I'll see if I can get pictures of those later.