Gun picture thread

M_P

One I've been working on for a while, early 'nam Colt CAR-15 Carbine mod 610, started out as a JG M733, since fitted with a G&P early M16 receiver (no mag fence or bolt forward assist), cut down barrel (10") and bayonnet lug removed. Needs a flat delta ring and early Nam pistol grip to finish when I get hold of them.post-8821-0-53390100-1419640346_thumb.jpgpost-8821-0-08844600-1419640383_thumb.jpg

One I've been working on for a while, early 'nam Colt CAR-15 Carbine mod 610, started out as a JG M733, since fitted with a G&P early M16 receiver (no mag fence or bolt forward assist), cut down barrel (10") and bayonnet lug removed. Needs a flat delta ring and early Nam pistol grip to finish when I get hold of them.attachicon.gifIMG_20141203_163530.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_20141203_163441.jpg

With that foregrip, stock and flash hider it would be an XM177 rather than a CAR-15, the CAR was a different and earlier variant, used the same reciever and was the predecessor of what you have created, used only in very small numbers by specific units before being replaced by the XM177 E1 then E2 bud but what you have created is a very no XM example

With that foregrip, stock and flash hider it would be an XM177 rather than a CAR-15, the CAR was a different and earlier variant, used the same reciever and was the predecessor of what you have created, used only in very small numbers by specific units before being replaced by the XM177 E1 then E2 bud but what you have created is a very no XM example

Lol blame the Boxing Day cheer and senior moment, meant XM not Car 15! But either way its a Mod 610 and reasonably accurate bar the delta ring and pistol grip. Receiver has been corrected to the correct pattern too. G&P'S VN receiver being slightly incorrect in details. :)

Really trying to make the most of my 5-7 before it sadly goes after so many fun times together...

post-9528-0-73264100-1419887130_thumb.jpg

I'm not a total purist, i just can't abide Crane stocks on AK's. Even though some MVD units do actually use them on real steel. But those arses have been photographed wearing multicam ffs, not even a Russian version of it either, actual Crye MC.

Resistance is futile!!!

Mwahahahahaha!!

lol

• Supporters

gorgeous & I'm sure she shoots as good as she looks

out of interest whats the silencer on her ?

just looks so damn good & congrats on your dremmel skills etc...

It's an ICS short KAC QD one. Had to hunt high and low for it but found one on Ehobby Asia in the end. There's a couple of different short KAC QD ones out there but being a bit anal about getting the right one it had to be the ICS one as it has 9 holes along the length of the cover. Weighs a crapping ton though. The barrel extends through it so I've managed to keep it at 300mm.

Detail whore that I am it is winding me up that the rail is half an inch too long, it's the wrong EO Tech and I don't have the right rear sling mount but screw it, it's cost me a small fortune in parts already! Which of course means there will most likely be some M4 front end bits going up for sale in the near future!

Here's a picture of my gun......

TM HK416D Devgru, have added a Green dot sight for closer targeting as well as a bug buster for longer range targeting.

She's currently in at Fire Support having some upgrades to take the FPS to 345, looking forward to getting her back & putting to good use

post-9923-0-72677000-1420540018_thumb.jpg

post-9923-0-49040700-1420540019_thumb.jpg

post-9923-0-53070900-1420540022_thumb.jpg

post-9923-0-64576900-1420540028_thumb.jpg

Do the optics in the middle not make it quite heavy?

Not particularly heavy, the green dot sight weighs nothing at all so balances the two out. I'm far from what would be considered as strong (Fairly feeble actually!) and generally have no issues here.