Gun picture thread

M_P

• Supporters

Can't seem to see where you picked up the GLM there PT, was it in the UK? ICS came out with a TAG specific version more recently (maybe a month or so ago) and I've not seen them stocked outside of the HK stores yet.

So, been doing a spot of desert stylee weathering on my lad's M4 CQB (built from spares mainly!) and a more restrained version on my internally upgraded Cyma M16 (no haters please, first attempts at weathering AEG's lol!)

post-8821-0-93078300-1414765704_thumb.jpg

post-8821-0-02248300-1414765734_thumb.jpg

Edit: done with Krylon sprayed fairly thinly, then wiped off with a lint free cloth dipped in white spirit when nearly dry.

Gorgeous looking AR's. How did you do the dust effect?

Cheers Monty, sorry, threw in the edit pre-empting someone asking the same thing lol! Read about the technique in AI mag, and saw similar mentioned on here.

Basically spray LIGHT coats of Krylon over the whole area, it doesn't have to cover 100% though, (having covered/removed anything you don't want want paint on), I used Khaki and a little Medium Brown, then after about 2-3 mins when it "looks" dry, put some white spirit on a lint free cloth (ie one that won't leave bits of cloth all over the gun) and wipe away, don't need to apply too much pressure, you will see it removing as you wipe. This leaves paint in all the nooks and crannies, and you can remove as much or little paint as you are happy with (remembering that areas prone to handling or frequent cleaning would have more wear than areas that don't).

As someone else remarked, soldiers camo'ing their gun won't be trying to produce a work of art, but rather to disrupt the outline / solid colours, so I tried to adopt that approach, pretty pleased with the results though.

Its been a while:

This is the beta project/magpul AK i engraved magpul/pts trades onto a while ago. I've never posted it as i never thought it was anything special but here she is.

[url=http://s940.photobucket.com/user/ryan_hill5/media/g_zps72726292.png.html][img=http://i940.photobucket.com/albums/ad245/ryan_hill5/g_

Apologies for the shite camera quality, gotta love them iphones....

:wub:

mbZHdyy.jpg

The ICS AK-74M and TM Glock 17 as they stand. :lol:

Yep - both stock and yep - both two-tone, but both decent performers - they will certainly suffice until I can get my UKARA! Thought there may be no point in uploading these since both are so standard, but it feels wrong that I've been on these forums for this amount of time without uploading a single picture and hey, some people might be interested?! Still think that the AK is damn fine despite the red paintjob on both guns (which is luckily a bit darker in real life due to the lighting of this picture - ta, Firesupport) - although the Glocks current unmodified appearance does take away from the pair's sexyness. :(

Anyway, what do you think? Fine choices - yay or nay? :P

atleast it aint green^^ looks like there's a massive hole in the gastube until you hit zoom O_O

Its been a while:

This is the beta project/magpul AK i engraved magpul/pts trades onto a while ago. I've never posted it as i never thought it was anything special but here she is.

I also changed the Scar-L around a bit. I really regret selling my peq15 laser box, suppressor and Element M910A Q5 grip light thingy to fund my high speed internals because it would look gorgeous now. But after skirmishing it im really happy how well i perform with the configuration in CQB.

Apologies for the shite camera quality, gotta love them iphones....

Still rocking the scar I see, looking good as ever. I never knew you had an AK. How can you use that EOTech so far forward? Does it not hurt your eyes?

• Supporters

Still rocking the scar I see, looking good as ever. I never knew you had an AK. How can you use that EOTech so far forward? Does it not hurt your eyes?

It's better for quickly looking through at any targets with it further forward. It shouldn't hurt your eyes because your eyes shouldn't be focusing on the reticle, focus them on the target.

• Supporters

I've tried my 551 on the upper handguard of my tac AK - didn't get on with it: the reticule is fine but the sight frame is pretty large in my view of the target plus it makes the gun front heavy (and that's without AA batteries). Although it has to be said that my 551 has an EOLAD laser on the side... I expect a C-More/clone would work very well there though.

10730797_10152381848976820_6860939843388

Currently this launcher is a total no go for the TAG grenades, even after heavy modification I still don't feel it is safe to use as the barrel/cylinder are so far out of alignment. Rather miffed to say the least. The S-Thunder Shorty pistol launcher will be holstered to my waist still though so I'll still be rocking the bangs! :D

• Supporters

Yeah the smaller the better really I find, aimpoint t1s are a good option for this.

Hmmm, i'm not so sure - being so far forward means that a tube becomes wider in the vision when viewed from an angle, and part of the functional coolsies of red dots is that you don't have to be staring down the sight, and thus psychologically fixated on what you see beyond the reticule to the exclusion of the rest of your visual field, but rather that you can just look forward and the reticule magically tracks with you no matter what slight angle running or leaning has added to your aim. I think T1's are better closer where that 'seeing the side due to angle of view' stylee an ting is minimised.

Having said that, at closer distances to the eye it may be better to use a wider tube, 40mm even 45mm, because close to the eye the frame can almost disappear from view if it is big enough. But of course that makes it more likely that it will be shot out, unless you put one of those stupid looking rail mounted protector screens in front of it, or fit your own taped on bezel; more likely to get caught on your webbing too, I spose; and let's have it right, those fat tubes are seriously uncool as well...

Edited by Ian_Gere
clarification

• Supporters

Shit, PT, that's a real bummer. Is there any indication in the listings of which one is designed for use with the TAG's and which is the one you bought?

sh*t, PT, that's a real bummer. Is there any indication in the listings of which one is designed for use with the TAG's and which is the one you bought?

TAG supposedly sell a modified ICS version which iirc cost double the price of the standard ICS, it seemed to have the inner barrel removed and a modified stock adaptor which stopped some of the wobble. I am guessing that they also realigned the cylinder and ratchet system so that it aligned with the centre of the new barrel. It is something I could do myself with a bit of thought and effort but at the moment I have put it down as a bad purchase.

I have too many other mods and bits I am working on to be able to focus on another right now (new single stack hi-cap hpa mag for my G5, DMR-ing the G5 and my Polish Woodland loadout)