Gun picture thread

M_P

• Supporters

Where are you lads getting your TAG sets from?

• Supporters

Thanks lads ;)

I spose we're no longer bothered that they may be illegal (being an explosive projectile) :D:wub:

Sold in an airsoft shop, vids show firing them at folk on youtube and the chap who runs our site is excited by them then I'm ok with using them.... will never purposely fire them at a person, but would happily have someone fire one at me. I have gone for the 3sec fuse variant, the impact ones will only be purchased and tried if am happy with the accuracy. :-)

• Supporters

TBH I think that, by the letter of the law, they are illegal. But it's stupid to use a law which is intended to criminalise home made grenade launchers, ie proper dickheadery, to stop people having a laugh so i don't care. We just have to hope that nobody feels the need to get on a jobsworth one about it. I mean, it's not as if UK police are known for refusing to use laws which were not intended for a particular purpose to nick people... I'm gonna get some sooner rather than later though, just in case they turn out to be a flash in the pan :groan:

am gonna see how they perform, if as good as implied I'll stock up on both impact and 3sec fused.... think the smoke ones when they come out will be too short lived to provide enogh smoke so will go back to launching EG smokes from my M203 but with CO2 rather than green gas to reach a bit further.

• Supporters

Where do you get EG smokes from, PT?

• Supporters

What I mean is, if you're getting them from AW, how much are they charging for shipping via courier?

as I don't pay to skirmish at my local site I buy from there, gotta do what we can to support our sport.

AW will do 100 iirc for £1.30 each though which is a good price, probs around £5 postage if you not in a hurry.

• Supporters

Yeah, it's a fair enough price, but I'm not sure I want to spend £135 on little smokes all at once and, even though I do have a big CO2 fire extinguisher, I'm pretty sure that if my landlady found out I was storing them in my place, she'd have 2 words to say = "Get out!" I'll see if Matt (Ammo Drop) carries them.

Actually I'm going to start a new thread.

Edited by Ian_Gere
brain kicked in unexpectedly

me and a mate decided to spray his VSR. IK it isn't very good, and because of the crap camera + crap photos + crap lighting, you won't be able to see very much, however he is adding some more tan to it, and then I will be able to take a photo of it properly. Also sprayed a crappy l85 springer, looks alright now...

used this to get the krylon to stick properly

DSC_00091_zpsc6b2736f.jpg

light sanding, probably not very good

DSC_00101_zpse928502c.jpg

sprayed with the krylon cover

DSC_00121_zps8e2a92b4.jpg

collecting leaves

DSC_00131_zps80a234cb.jpg

seeing which ones would come out the best

DSC_00141_zps2fd2fdf4.jpg

this is how they looked

DSC_00151_zpsee9047ac.jpg

sprayed with tan and brown I believe

DSC_00161_zps9a6c68e8.jpg

just adding layers at this point, had to do it in the garage as it started to drizzle

DSC_00181_zpsb580c357.jpg

just adding the leaves to spray over

DSC_00191_zps29de660e.jpg

this side was now done

DSC_00241_zpsa659a3cb.jpg

and that side

DSC_00261_zps8e7d7db1.jpg

now with all the internals back in

DSC_00291_zpscf76fcda.jpg

Hes thinking of doing the barrel and scope, but still not sure. You can't really see the camo in this picture, however it does looks good in person, and hes going to add more tan to break all the colours up a bit...

the springer l85 finished:

DSC_00271_zps507d58ca.jpg

Krylon used:

a grey krylon that helps the krylon to stick better

brown

olive drab

tan

lighter green

and finally a crap picture of my gun

DSC_00301_zps63b5f5e3.jpg

hope you like :)

me and a mate decided to spray his VSR. IK it isn't very good, and because of the crap camera + crap photos + crap lighting, you won't be able to see very much, however he is adding some more tan to it, and then I will be able to take a photo of it properly. Also sprayed a crappy l85 springer, looks alright now...

used this to get the krylon to stick properly

[img=

hope you like :)

Wow mate! Those look bloody great!!!!!!!

:wub: the Vsr and l85!!!

so i went for this paint job first time doing it really impressed.............apart from the tan mag lol

http://s1117.photobucket.com/user/rikkilous/media/20141024_152149.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

http://s1117.photobucket.com/user/rikkilous/media/20141024_152155.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

That thing it bloody nice! Seriously though, get that mag sorted! The T1 just completes that gun, nice work fella!

That thing it bloody nice! Seriously though, get that mag sorted! The T1 just completes that gun, nice work fella!

cheers buddy that paint job took me the best part of 2 days not rushing it alot of sponging and very fine paint brushes and i do agree with you about t1 and the mags

CKMty5R.jpgmbZHdyy.jpgTKZ5NAz.jpg

The ICS AK-74M and TM Glock 17 as they stand. :lol:

Yep - both stock and yep - both two-tone, but both decent performers - they will certainly suffice until I can get my UKARA! Thought there may be no point in uploading these since both are so standard, but it feels wrong that I've been on these forums for this amount of time without uploading a single picture and hey, some people might be interested?! Still think that the AK is damn fine despite the red paintjob on both guns (which is luckily a bit darker in real life due to the lighting of this picture - ta, Firesupport) - although the Glocks current unmodified appearance does take away from the pair's sexyness. :(

Anyway, what do you think? Fine choices - yay or nay? :P

Yeah a mate got a 2 tone vsr and it was a darker red irl. I would say once ukara comes through a nice wood kit for the ics, Ian will know about that.

That glock needs a Costa slide though, or maybe when the factory gets up and running again a guns modify sai rmr? They are gorgeous, jcheeseright has one. Albeit it a real rmr lol