Gun picture thread

M_P

So. Here's my two main AEG's. A bitsa (bits of this and that) M4 and my Sig Saur 556.

20140616_185003_zps3a85ba47.jpg

20140601_221524_zps59587fd0.jpg

I'm new to the sport and bought both guns second hand. The Sig was from a chap from my local site and he has guided me through the mine field that is purchasing a RIF.

The M4 was from a Facebook page. I've re sprayed the M4 quad rail and suppressor black.

The Sig has a 6x40 scope and the M4 a generic red dot.

The Sig is firing 350fps on .2's and the M4 is at 280fps on the same .2's.

I also have an M9 NGBB pistol which is pretty cool.

weight?

Don't have an exact figure but when I get it back from the tech (new Cnc metal folding stock button to replace the plastic one) I will chuck it on the scales

What's the extra bit of rail for in front of the fore sight?

The rail extention (which you can't see properly in that pic as it's covered by the VFC PEQ) allows me to do two things.

1... I can hold the gun in a more natural position with a longer/wider grip. Without the rail I have to either hold the gun by the barrel or hold it closer in and keep getting whacked by the bolt lever.

2... I can mount my torch and peq further forwards, again in a more natural position

Also, I like the fact it completely changes the look of the scar quite a lot. I actually get experienced players ask me 'what gun is that' lol. The purists hate it but that makes me love it even more. I they liked it it would be coming straight off lololol

The slight cutout at the underside of the rail allows me to fit on the EGLM.

This is a better pic showing the rail ext

736d941b97d20fa6dac18411792a3b95.jpg

My TM SCAR extra HEAVY lol

The EGLM, Rail extension and Elcan add a lot of weight but it's worth every last gram in the field

A2FFF5E7-5B2C-451E-8805-FADF4FA529C1.jpg

I letirally couldn't stop myself saying "that is awesome!" out loud. I was wondering, how much did it cost you to make?

I reckon that's pushing on for a grand by now.

I letirally couldn't stop myself saying "that is awesome!" out loud. I was wondering, how much did it cost you to make?

Bout £1300 so far but I don't regret a penny of it to be honest. It's still my first and ONLY rifle as I don't plan on building a collection for the sake of it. I've got some internal/performance mods planned for the future to help bring the FPS up to 340ish. It's very dynamic to use but I warn it's very very heavy so I wouldn't recommend this setup for the average user for an entire days use.

Oh and the novelty of recoil has STILL NOT warn off lol

36AA62CE-938F-4E00-AA96-1DD40E8046CA.jpg

It's TAN!

*pic

*pic

*pic

*pic

not sure why, but it looks a bit odd to me... might be that the whole thing isn't tan.. or just that it needs some wear :)

Like the overall look thou!

WOW!! where do I get a mag release like that one??? selector lever and wear also looks amazing!!

...not to sure about the green rope thou, but each to their own :)

Lovely guns there Monty.....if I were you I'd find some paracord in a darker green and rewrap the AK74U's stock- it looks a little odd to me with the light green. Still nice though! :)