Gun picture thread

M_P

Just happens to be the colour of the real steel version. Id imagine it has something to do with breaking up the solid block of black and being used in a desert environment

https://danieldefense.com/m4a1-rail-interface-system-ris-ii.html

• Supporters

Not new, that's for sure. That rail's been floating (hoho) around for years.

Lots of american civvies get entire guns done that colour.

on that topic actually, I figure if anyone's gonna know it'll be you chris, what's the best ceracote match for the daniel defence dark earth colour on their rails? The Madbull one's colouration is off and it annoys me!

• Supporters

Err.. afraid I've never owned a DD rail, not really a fan of their designs personally to be honest. The 'burnt bronze' I see a lot of on ar-15.com looks pretty close but DD more than likely have their own special colour considering the size of the company and the fact it's put on a military contract item. I think the sort of people you'll want to ask will be on RS AR forums, but the original item is anodized so I guess if you want a dead on finish you'll want to go that way instead of cerakote.

My 2008 Systema PTW MAX 2

post-3203-0-65911700-1401546081_thumb.jpg

Mods:

FCC multi length outer barrel

DD 12.5 RIS 2

Magpul AFG 1

Replica surefire m300 mini scout

A crap tonne of XTM rail covers

Replica peq 16

Replica aimpiont T1 on a LaRue mount

Project PTW PMag shell with systema internals

with regards to cost i think (since its been built up over a long period of time) its around £1400 :unsure:

:):rolleyes::D

• Supporters

My 2008 Systema PTW MAX 2

attachicon.gifPTW.jpg

Mods:

FCC multi length outer barrel

DD 12.5 RIS 2

Magpul AFG 1

Replica surefire m300 mini scout

A crap tonne of XTM rail covers

Replica peq 16

Replica aimpiont T1 on a LaRue mount

Project PTW PMag shell with systema internals

with regards to cost i think (since its been built up over a long period of time) its around £1400 :unsure:

:):rolleyes::D

Where did you get the ranger plate mate been looking for some myself

Where did you get the ranger plate mate been looking for some myself

I got mine from Fire support Just after i bought the gun

Here's my Tokyo Marui High Cycle AUG in all it's tacticool glory:

Eventually intend to make it better at longer range engagements since it dominates in CQB. Stock internals at the moment, though I intend to run a slightly longer tight bore through it as the end of the inner barrel sits a good inch or so back from the tip of the flash hider. Maybe I'll go the whole hog and run a bigger barrel through a mock suppressor. Hop up is already really good on this so will be unlikely to change that.

Hmm a possibility, they retail for what £90? May have to invest in one

_MG_7320.jpg

My pistol is now very nearly done, just need a couple of +2 magazine bases and it's the 'full costa'.

Holy sh*t that is awesome! Really like the Costa Ludus and Salient Arms logos!

Must have 'costa' a lot ;) (not taking credit for that joke)

It's a marui, leave it alone! You will also find that a lot of the internal parts in high cycles are different to standard aeg's, they are best just left alone, especially the hop and barrel

Cheers.

It's called a Magwell slap, made by US Night Vision, same 'reusable sticker' idea as their mag wraps and other vinyl stuff. The design's by Mil-Spec Monkey, but USNV make various others.

I was looking on MSM's website a few days ago and saw those decals / stencils. Did you buy them from the US and get your family to ship them over, or do you know of a UK / European retailer? Very annoying that it costs $40 to ship something like a $20 hoodie.

Cheers :)

It's a marui, leave it alone! You will also find that a lot of the internal parts in high cycles are different to standard aeg's, they are best just left alone, especially the hop and barrel

Yeah I'm going nowhere near the hop, gearbox and spring as I'm happy with them so no worries there. Will probably just end up running a mock suppressor on it regardless of whether I upgrade the barrel or not.