Gun picture thread

M_P

• Supporters

Everyone starting out with an AR with plastic handguards says that, then the reality hits that quad rails are very heavy and the facilitate the adding of even more weight to the area of the gun where additional weight makes your arm hurt and detriments 'pointability'. Haven't bought a quad rail myself in... at least 2 years, maybe 3 or more.

I mean if you want one that genuinely is entirely your choice and it's airsoft so go for it, just passing on some experience. I'd recommend putting the rail budget in to something like hydro dipping the gun/parts thereof, or some other handguard that doesn't have a rail on all 4 sides. The real MOE set can be had for less than a lot of dodgy ACM RAS sets and far less than a high quality airsoft rail. Same amount of attachment options if not more, less weight, better integration with VFGs. Ideally wait for the new MOE Slimline handguard to get to the UK, shouldn't be that long and then you'll be right on the cutting edge (seeing as they were literally just announced).

• Supporters

I'd have thought the link between inertia and accuracy was obvious, Cap'n, but whatever... the plain fact of the matter is that the German 20mm cannon was a very effective weapon and whilst they may well have stripped the armour off it in latter production, that doesn't mean that it wasn't useful ,or even that the gun wasn't better with it. The Germans did have bigger fish to fry at the time, after all.

Guest PT247

the home made airsoft version above is very cool tho, even if it isn't an exact replica, it still looks bloody effective! :-)

^^Needs an AK, methinks...

i intend to at some point get an ak and a g36 at some point. think a new pistol is higer in priority though atm...

• Supporters

I do have a set of MOE rails, so I'll go with that. My previous M4 (S-System) felt like the front end was made from led, it was ridiculously heavy.

Do you know when the hand guards come out?

• Supporters

I do have a set of MOE rails, so I'll go with that. My previous M4 (S-System) felt like the front end was made from led, it was ridiculously heavy.

Do you know when the hand guards come out?

They only just popped up in the states, probably a couple of months until they make it to the RS retailers over here I'd say. The 2 main places to keep an eye on/enquire with are Lantac and Arc Precision, although a lot of airsoft retailers here and in HK have been stocking RS magpul stuff since PTS lost the license.

• Supporters

Maybe I'm mis-understanding the question, but there shouldn't be any difference. The PTW is built to real AR dimensions and I've fitted PTS and RS MOE handguards to AEGs, EBB and GBB rifles, never had any problems. Shouldn't be any reason for there to even be two different specs on sale.

• Supporters

Maybe I'm mis-understanding the question, but there shouldn't be any difference. The PTW is built to real AR dimensions and I've fitted PTS and RS MOE handguards to AEGs, EBB and GBB rifles, never had any problems. Shouldn't be any reason for there to even be two different specs on sale.

I was aware that AEG spec M4's are slightly fatter than PTW's?

• Supporters

The receivers are a bit wider in some ways, that doesn't affect the specs of the barrel nut or handguard cap though (those being the parts which dictate fitting of plastic handguards).

Like I say I've fitted RS MOE handguards to various electric guns no problem.

• Supporters

The receivers are a bit wider in some ways, that doesn't affect the specs of the barrel nut or handguard cap though (those being the parts which dictate fitting of plastic handguards).

Like I say I've fitted RS MOE handguards to various electric guns no problem.

Cool, thanks for the info!

• Supporters

What sight is that?

That'll be an Elcan Spectre. Possibly a Spectre DR if it's the variable zoom.

• 2 weeks later...