Gun picture thread

M_P

No to rain on your parade mate, but you're gonna want to take another look at the upper part of that handguard. It's pretty evident from that picture it's quite a way from being fitted on properly.

If you can post up a shot of the area where it meets the upper receiver (preferably from an angle looking down at the top of the rifle) we should be able to get that sorted. There's a couple of different copies of the KAC RAS and depending on how yours attaches will depend on the fix. But from that picture it almost gives the impression the entire unit might be on backwards, either that, your fastening bracket is in the wrong place, or the barrel nut/corresponding channel in the rail is way off spec.

Sorry for late reply, didn't see this until yesterday. Here are some pics of the join, top down:

nJ2vNVi.jpg

FKugF8D.jpg

vz46Y4G.jpg

My mate gave me these with the RAS as well:

YybtBfI.jpg

Anything significant about them aside from the crushed section of the barrel nut?

• Supporters

apologies for the lack of a decent place to photograph it, but my new toy is about 90% complete. It needs a new stock (either CTR or Crane, undecided which) and of course a sling.

Oh, and the LiPo batteries I have don't fit in the RIS at the moment, so I may need to get someone clever to sort that out for me (less wiring, smaller plugs etc).

_MG_6964.jpg

M4A1 SOPMOD Block 2;

base gun is a Tokyo Marui M4A1 SOCOM recoil shock, madbull 12.5" RIS2 in DE, Specter DR (fixed 4x), element M3x long, vanaras PEQ15, generic foregrip and some ergo rail ladders.

• Supporters

what M_P said, I'm sort of regretting going down the SOCOM route now in honesty, if I'd just ponied up the extra cash and got a SOPMOD wouldn't be having any of these issues!

Have a possible solution in the offing....
_MG_6969.jpg
as you can see the batteries fit without the lower half of the RIS being fitted, but it's kinda snug. the wiring is an issue that I'll have to sort but mostly it's just fitting the batteries in!

So, the plan is to remove this material:
_MG_6968.jpg

That'll allow the batteries to sit as they are now in the gun, once the wiring is squared away it should be fine.

• Supporters

You have a PEQ on there, could you not just stick the battery in that? Mind you if that was an option I guess you'd have done it.
You're right that its a bit if a downside to the socom but equally it does all you the choice of more than 3 different stocks so I think its worth the slight hassle of battery fitting. That said mine just has the stock hand guard atm, I may feel differently about it if I had a low profile rail on it.

• Supporters

Life's certainly much easier with a plastic handguard on a SOCOM, but there are a fair few options out there for handguards that'll fit a nun-chuck 7.4v in the range of 1000 to 1300mah. Ironically it's often easier with some of the newer, low profile forends because quad rails tend to have a lot of extra architecture inside which makes things awkward.

Here's mine as they were:

13045343784_d21053f5f5_b.jpg

13045367814_71b49d6915_b.jpg

Currently all in the middle of getting re-worked. Probably about 80% done now, just waiting on a delivery to get the stock and handguard for the 12.5" and I'll need to order another front MBUS for the 14.5" since I've banished both of the King Arms VLTOR gas blocks which incorporated flip-up irons.

• Supporters

Pff.. er.. not really thought about it. Rarely get the time to write up sales threads and with a big stack of stuff already waiting to go I tend to keep AR parts which might be useful for future builds.

Not a rare component or anything, WGC have the G&P versions and hk-parts + scopeandlaser have the King Arms in stock.

Here are a few pics of my G&P M4 LWA Suppressor (Madbull Spikes Tactical). It has lots of internal upgrades, it sounds lovely, has great range and an insane rate of fire. I have added a Madbull ACE Socom stock, surefire scout 600 flashlight, PTS Gas pedal, Magpul angled foregrip, Magpul sling mount, Magpul mag coupler and a Trijicon X4 Acog illuminated sight What do people think ?

Sorry about the poor picture quality

post-6147-0-11702400-1395608070_thumb.jpg

post-6147-0-30605000-1395608118_thumb.jpg

post-6147-0-59704500-1395608137_thumb.jpg

post-6147-0-58509400-1395608161_thumb.jpg

post-6147-0-15904600-1395608182_thumb.jpg

post-6147-0-64503200-1395608202_thumb.jpg

post-6147-0-37245200-1395608223_thumb.jpg

post-7670-0-75280100-1395622779_thumb.jpg

My Blackwater CQB-R. Ordered new delta ring today.

Still a WIP to complete the look I want and some internal upgrades in the future.

post-7670-0-64218000-1395622836_thumb.jpg

Looks so shit after seeing CKinnerley's and Cheeseright's guns! :( haha

Here are a few pics of my G&P M4 LWA Suppressor (Madbull Spikes Tactical). It has lots of internal upgrades, it sounds lovely, has great range and an insane rate of fire. I have added a Madbull ACE Socom stock, surefire scout 600 flashlight, PTS Gas pedal, Magpul angled foregrip, Magpul sling mount, Magpul mag coupler and a Trijicon X4 Acog illuminated sight What do people think ?

Sorry about the poor picture quality

Not bad! Personally I prefer the more simplistic skeleton-style-stock design as opposed to the SOCOM one. ACOG is nice too, probably getting one for my M4 as well. Internally sounds great but I don't like 12" RIS. (Just a personal thing I don't like the look of it on any gun)

• 3 weeks later...

So for my birthday I was blessed with a WE Glock 17 Gen 4 aswell as a bunch of RA Tech internals ^-^

I couldn't be happier with it for a first gbb sidearm. Although, i get very bored with the externals easily. And with no money, I spend alot of time tinkering with it in the workshop or laser engraving it!

Here she is day one: IMG_20061_zpsb9ee1861.jpg

And here she is today: IMG_29721_zps62664075.jpg

IMG_29701_zps12b03fbc.jpg

IMG_29711_zps8ae0aba6.jpg

IMG_29691_zps7292a743.jpg

Holy sh*t Ian that looks amazing. Looks very authentic,looks far,far better than the awful Chinese Yellow wood. Your job on the bakelite mag is some of the best I've seen too.

Can't say much more. It looks like a Real AK. Do you plan on going for a bakelite style paintjob on the pistol grip?