Gun picture thread

M_P

• Supporters

^^You know what I'm developing as a policy toward CYMA internals, GK? Leave 'em alone. They're meant to be loose and noisy and coated in earwax - they work best that way. You put a TBB in there, you'll need a spring downgrade. The next thing, you'll be wiping all that earwax out and doing a nice shim job. Then you're going to check the compression and find it's sh*t. So you'll want a new O-ring, maybe a piston head. A new piston head on that nasty looking off-white plastic piston...? So that's a nice new SHS blue one. And that crappy no-O-ring air nozzle...? No way, man! What you want in there is a nice shiny ali one... going into the stock, who-knows-what-degree hop rubber...? Nah... gotta be a G&G Green at least, maybe a Prommy Purple for a marksman rifle... maybe get a new CNC hop unit to go with...

And by then, if it's working as well as it did when it was stock, the noodly-appendaged god of airsoft is smiling on you...

Edit: OOps, i almost forgot! Thanks for the info on the sling point. Have you got a linky?

Haha, yep, and by the time you've spent all that money and time on upgrades you may as well have bought a G&G Toptech that'd be flawless out of the box!

• Supporters

Haha, yep, and by the time you've spent all that money and time on upgrades you may as well have bought a G&G Toptech that'd be flawless out of the box!

There's nothing wrong with most CYMA models out of the box - they just clank :lol: but they shoot better than a lot of more expensive guns!

I can't go with stock guns anymore. I have to always tune everything to my liking,especially shimming. Most stock shimjobs I see are pretty bad,no OEM seems to shim bevel-pinion(I know why,it's a very trial and error process so I can sort of excuse that)

On most stock guns. I find most parts to be pretty decent quality. Only thing I can name that I don't like are VFC pistons and hop up units,Marui sector gears(The rest of the gearset is surprisingly pretty decent,mesh well with most brands I've found) and ACM air seal parts and hop up units. Love me some ACM motors however,especially the stupid 22+ TPA neo torque monsters some are starting to come with,which is a mixed bag because fuck consistency amirite

I,however being the broke teenage git I am,always try to DIY something. Hop up unit cast using molds made out of dogshit? 1 euro 50 worth of brass shim stock,sorted hey. I finally have access to a milling machine at school so my hop unit shims I make don't look like they are cut by micheal J fox while wanking.

You gotta love the chinese guns though,pretty good at churning out mahoosive amounts of guns as cheaply as possible.. They make up for piss poor hop up units with high FPS,they make up for bad air seals with Massive spring powers,they make up for an overly stressed build with really strong gears and pistons,they make for the loss of money on better materials by casting them roughly,they make up for heavy loads with massive torque motors.

Now if only they hired QC departments and stop casting their pot metal parts using molds made out of chicken skin,they'd be well grand.

I hate having to fix/upgrade guns.. every time i try to sort something it either does happen or something else breaks and I have to shed out a load of cash!

• Supporters

wish I'd never tried to improve my Mini Patriot, it was an amazing gun till I tried improving it lol :D

Love it.

If you could spread that post around to most other airsofters in the world please PT that'd be grand.

(Not saying people who really want to work on/upgrade guns are wrong here in case anyone was wondering, but I see way more issues result from 'upgrades' than guns left stock)

^^You know what I'm developing as a policy toward CYMA internals, GK? Leave 'em alone. They're meant to be loose and noisy and coated in earwax - they work best that way. You put a TBB in there, you'll need a spring downgrade. The next thing, you'll be wiping all that earwax out and doing a nice shim job. Then you're going to check the compression and find it's sh*t. So you'll want a new O-ring, maybe a piston head. A new piston head on that nasty looking off-white plastic piston...? So that's a nice new SHS blue one. And that crappy no-O-ring air nozzle...? No way, man! What you want in there is a nice shiny ali one... going into the stock, who-knows-what-degree hop rubber...? Nah... gotta be a G&G Green at least, maybe a Prommy Purple for a marksman rifle... maybe get a new CNC hop unit to go with...

And by then, if it's working as well as it did when it was stock, the noodly-appendaged god of airsoft is smiling on you...

Edit: OOps, i almost forgot! Thanks for the info on the sling point. Have you got a linky?

It already has a 6.04 as standard, but I want an Orga Magnus 6.13 or 6.23, and everything else will be replaced with lonex v7 parts bar the gearset. Sorbo'd, AOE sorted, Airlab Mosfet. When I bought it, it was on the understanding that i would be keeping only the gearbox shell and the externals in the long run.

Replacing the hop rubber is a given, and will undoubtedly be a prommy purple. Aiming for ~400fps semi locked.

The sling: http://www.military1st.co.uk/54001-019-5.11-single-point-static-sling-black.html

• Supporters

I'm not at all sold on the Orgus hype. The theory only just works in TK Hop Twist barrels and there's a vortex there. What Orgus cannot get around is the eff ay see tee FACT that the wider the barrel is, the wider the exit cone. End of. It may well be possible under certain conditions with certain BB's to get positive results, but snap firing under skirmish conditions, even well aimed fire into uncertain air conditions, humidity, barometric pressure, colon disposition, etc... I just don't see it.

But thanks for the link - at twenty five bar for a 1 point sling, i'll make me own :)

I'm not at all sold on the Orgus hype. The theory only just works in TK Hop Twist barrels and there's a vortex there. What Orgus cannot get around is the eff ay see tee FACT that the wider the barrel is, the wider the exit cone. End of. It may well be possible under certain conditions with certain BB's to get positive results, but snap firing under skirmish conditions, even well aimed fire into uncertain air conditions, humidity, barometric pressure, colon disposition, etc... I just don't see it.

But thanks for the link - at twenty five bar for a 1 point sling, i'll make me own :)

Considering the TUC clips cost about 60 quid. 25 quid ain't too bad.

• Supporters

Considering the TUC clips cost about 60 quid. 25 quid ain't too bad.

25 is quite a lot for a sling, the TUC's are just very expensive, the two aren't comparable in price, only function.

25 is quite a lot for a sling, the TUC's are just very expensive, the two aren't comparable in price, only function.

Yeah, suppose you're right

• Supporters

Nice, but it needs a decent suppressor.

It needs about 3" out of the barrel!

• Supporters

Hahah, midget barrel ftw ;)

It's just a myth. They just look bigger in comparison.

I like the smaller suppressor for this gun, but in truth I want to shorten the barrel for a larger suppressor. I'm also thinking of replacing the 551 andf 3x Magnifier sights with an ACOG.

Guest PT247

my new AEG has just turned up, need to sort a proper riser for the red dot sight rather than the double stack on it currently, can't wait to skirmish it to compare it's performance against my G5.

DSC_0144_zps3ca499hf.jpg