Gun picture thread

M_P

• 2 weeks later...

I like to take a page out of Warhammer 40,000 and Team fortress 2 for gun names,I've finally settled on ''Litany of Litany's Litany'' for my rifle instead of the cringy shit I've considered before. Pistol still remains Whore's breath or The Pot Metal Pulverizer

• Supporters

What the symbol out of interest? Something you can up with or what?

Look great by the way

It's all related to the symbols and graphics used to display hazard warnings related to explosives. Generally seen on storage containers/buildings and trucks transporting any type of explosive materials be it civilian stuff all the way through small arms ammunition up to aircraft bombs and plastics. It's all very inter-linked with the air force armament trade, we tend to get lots of custom apparel, coins, cufflinks etc done up using the same basic symbolism.

Within the military it'll generally be labels like these all over everything we work with or on:

PRODPIC-5507.png

I picked 1.1 for the engravings because that's the most dangerous stuff with the most cool factor. Stuff like P7, 500-2000lb bombs, air-to-air missiles, claymores etc would fall under the 1.1 category. The larger numbers represent lesser hazards, so 1.3 for example is just a fire hazard rather than all out explosion, things like smoke grenades and large flares.

• Supporters

Give us a linky for those missiles, please mate. I've recently bought a model LAW from another member on here and I plan to make it skirmishable eventually.

Give us a linky for those missiles, please mate. I've recently bought a model LAW from another member on here and I plan to make it skirmishable eventually.

Been after one of those for ages couldnt find any in the uk for less than 300, I'm going to make my own, just getting the second pipe so I can start. Pocket nerfs fit I've heard and are about 4 quid each.

• Supporters

I'm thinking that a CO2 moscart might be the way forward. Maybe driving a piston rather than the gas pushing the missile directly.

Was that from the guy who was selling all of those replicas and springers a while ago?

• Supporters

Was that from the guy who was selling all of those replicas and springers a while ago?

Yeah, but I haven't been at home for yonks so I've asked him to hang on to it so it doesn't go back and forth in the post as much. Back soon tho :)

Ahh I was going to get it from him but due to his lack of knowledge about VCRA and just what is effectively ageism he decided to sell it to you

• Supporters

Ah, I didn't know that, mate. Sorry :(

I'm thinking that a CO2 moscart might be the way forward. Maybe driving a piston rather than the gas pushing the missile directly.

Its a shame you're using a real one as I have a plan for a trap door in the middle which opens, you pop the moscart, grenade, whatever you fancy into a chamber which opens, and then you press a button like on the real thing, activating either a spring loaded firing pin or an eletric actuator (havent finalised the design) to set of the grenade.

I saw a French guy who made an inner barrel for his one, and crafted a small aluminium arm which applied pleasure to the grenade's firing button when he pressed the corresponding button on the M72. I had a link to his tutorial but it was all in french and Google translate couldn't tackle the website or anything of the stuff he was talking about if I copied and pasted it in.

• Supporters

I'm thinking that the simplest way for me to proceed may be to make a closing breech, like a cork with bayonet fittings like a lightbulb and a fixed firing pin attached in the centre. Then some kind of lever to push the whole moscart back onto the pin to fire it.

If you can dig that link out, I wouldn't mind a look. Even in French it may spark off an idea or three...