Gun picture thread

M_P

• Supporters

If you're going CTR, you traitor, you may as well look into CYMA Beta mags:

$(KGrHqNHJ!0FIdz1sYsjBSLVbN(h)Q~~60_12.J

...and use an MS2 sling.

See, I would, but then I'd be putting 5.45x39mm mags into a 7.62x39mm rifle, and that is the WORST kind of heresy.

I might get an MS2 sling though :3

Does your G&G AK have the tongs top and bottom rather than the side connecting the stock to the body (like mine?)

If so, I to have wanted to add a CTR stock to my AK, however, all of the buffer tube brackets I have come across are iether for TM models or RS rifles so wouldnt fit a G&G

Please let me know how you get on

Gracious! or should I say спасибо

Talbert, I've found these: http://ant-supplies....ckAdapters.aspx

Which I think will fit with some minor modifications, maybe just some drilling, dremmelling and sawing. I'll be getting on there someway, somehow. You're right in how it fits on though, those two tong thingies.

Yeah I have found those also, I just didnt think they would fit and unfortunately, things that require dremmelling - Id probably end up doing something massively wrong!

Let me know how you get on though and I might have to make a leap of faith!

• Supporters

See, I would, but then I'd be putting 5.45x39mm mags into a 7.62x39mm rifle, and that is the WORST kind of heresy.

I might get an MS2 sling though :3

Talbert, I've found these: http://ant-supplies....ckAdapters.aspx

Which I think will fit with some minor modifications, maybe just some drilling, dremmelling and sawing. I'll be getting on there someway, somehow. You're right in how it fits on though, those two tong thingies.

Are you sure they're 5.45 mags? I though magpul made them for normal AKs?

• Supporters

But they're not very curvy at all. Look at an AK74 mag compared to a 47 one.

I'll give it a Google to be sure though, 'cos I do think they look awesome.

• Supporters

I'm going to stop making sarcastic suggestions... ;)

And anyway, who are you calling a spas, Sarge?

I'm going to stop making sarcastic suggestions... ;)

And anyway, who are you calling a spas, Sarge?

According to google it means thanks!

спасибо
spasibo
"thanks" in Russian

• Supporters

I'm going to stop making sarcastic suggestions...

No, really I am now.

• Supporters

If you scrape around a bit you'll notice 5.56 and 5.45 mags for AKs are fairly similar in profile, much straighter than 7.62x39. Reason being 7.62x39 is narrower at the shoulder than it is at the base by around 1.2mm, 5.56 only has a difference of roughly 0.6mm between base and shoulder. So when you stack the 762 it creates that curvature and the mags have to be that way in order to accept the full 30 rounds and then feed them out again properly.

Those translucent waffled mags are by Arsenal in Belgium and come in various colours and all the main AK calibers, although the big US online guns stores seem to be in short supply (they're probably fairly rare over there). Here's an example much like the ones we get in airsoft:

http://www.impactguns.com/arsenal-ak47-magazine-556x45-30-rd-bulgarian-mfg-clear-mgaim74nc.aspx

AFAIK, Beta Project originally came out with the airsoft replicas and I'd imagine that's where PTS got their idea for the TMAG. The actual Magpul Industries AK magazines look just like PMAGs in terms of their surface, although IMO I think they kinda look weird, like an AR mag that's got a bit melted.

223_1242_large.jpg

this is my airsoft gun collection :D

tokyo marui famas

ICS H&K MP5SD

ICS M16A3 with ICS M203

G&G M4

ASG spas 12

WE M92F

:D

post-8559-0-43700100-1386363588_thumb.jpg

if the gun the mag fits in in a 5.45 variant then they prob will be. but its hard to tell from the pic.

well, I am quite sure the gun in the picture is the real thing... All my airsoft AK mags work in all my AKs^^ but a 7.62 in a ak74 just doesnt look right.

If you scrape around a bit you'll notice 5.56 and 5.45 mags for AKs are fairly similar in profile, much straighter than 7.62x39. Reason being 7.62x39 is narrower at the shoulder than it is at the base by around 1.2mm, 5.56 only has a difference of roughly 0.6mm between base and shoulder. So when you stack the 762 it creates that curvature and the mags have to be that way in order to accept the full 30 rounds and then feed them out again properly.

Those translucent waffled mags are by Arsenal in Belgium and come in various colours and all the main AK calibers, although the big US online guns stores seem to be in short supply (they're probably fairly rare over there). Here's an example much like the ones we get in airsoft:

http://www.impactguns.com/arsenal-ak47-magazine-556x45-30-rd-bulgarian-mfg-clear-mgaim74nc.aspx

AFAIK, Beta Project originally came out with the airsoft replicas and I'd imagine that's where PTS got their idea for the TMAG. The actual Magpul Industries AK magazines look just like PMAGs in terms of their surface, although IMO I think they kinda look weird, like an AR mag that's got a bit melted.

well, I'd agree with mostly everything above.. but I do kind of fail to see how it is relevant thou? unless you know where the get the airsoft counterpart to the arsenal magazines? even if it's 7.62, I'll just pop it in my akm :)

• Supporters

Just making some points related to the overall topic, a bit of extra information never hurt anyone. If the overall question was the RS calibre of the magazines Beta Project replicated, then yes they're 545 (or possibly 556 but the difference is minimal to say the least).

(speaking to the general readership here) With the usual caveat of airsoft tolerances you can use any airsoft AK mag in any bloody gun you want. The only people I've seen berate others over the 'terrible sin' of putting a 545 mag in a 762 gun were bordering-clinically mental USSR obsessives who got themselves off every night under their hammer and sickle duvet cover at the thought of personally combing Stalins' moustache.

bordering-clinically mental USSR obsessives who got themselves off every night under their hammer and sickle duvet cover at the thought of personally combing Stalins' moustache.

The mental image of that is quite disturbing. Excuse me while I go and scrub my brain with wire wool and bleach...

Just making some points related to the overall topic, a bit of extra information never hurt anyone. If the overall question was the RS calibre of the magazines Beta Project replicated, then yes they're 545 (or possibly 556 but the difference is minimal to say the least).

(speaking to the general readership here) With the usual caveat of airsoft tolerances you can use any airsoft AK mag in any bloody gun you want. The only people I've seen berate others over the 'terrible sin' of putting a 545 mag in a 762 gun were bordering-clinically mental USSR obsessives who got themselves off every night under their hammer and sickle duvet cover at the thought of personally combing Stalins' moustache.

ah, now I get you! fair enough :)

636x460design_01.jpg

• Supporters

The mental image of that is quite disturbing. Excuse me while I go and scrub my brain with wire wool and bleach...

Especially when you imagine Ed doing it. Wish my metal 7.62x39 midcaps fitted into my Inokatsu AK47S - they should do V^^V grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

MB-06 with 4x32 ACOG syle with Red Dot.
Upgraded spring, spring guide and piston, she kicks out 514fps avarage with 0.2's.

Light, maneuverable and f*****g ugly, but I love it. New tactical stock with cheek rest is in the post, she's gonna be my prime mid to long range sniper.

11367796765_fd113dcccc_b.jpg

11367871164_d595994167_b.jpg

11367938813_9740da6dc4_b.jpg