Gun picture thread

M_P

Why?

Why not?

Because a very large amount of people enjoy airsoft because of the realism associated with it for one.

Also the reason a DMR gets a higher FPS is because it has other disadvantages like long length, telescopic sight which means aiming close is harder and slower rate of fire. Like wise snipers get an even higher FPS because their rate of fire is even slower being bolt action. Similarly LMGs, at ammo limited games, are allowed bigger limits and magazines to counter the massive weight of them. This helps to diversify games giving different classes of weapons different advantages and disadvantages.

If you made pistol or SMG DMRs it would completely negate the above paragraph. Similarly is everyone slapped box mags on M4s and MP5, LMGs would be less useful. What this would then accumulate into would be an airsoft world where there was very little variety in whats guns were used and it would all be assault rifles, SMGs and pistols which would make the game so much more boring.

I personally would completely support a sites ban on non real world DMRs, Snipers or LMGs being used as such.

Because a very large amount of people enjoy airsoft because of the realism associated with it for one.

again.... realism??

Also the reason a DMR gets a higher FPS is because it has other disadvantages like long length, telescopic sight which means aiming close is harder and slower rate of fire. Like wise snipers get an even higher FPS because their rate of fire is even slower being bolt action. Similarly LMGs, at ammo limited games, are allowed bigger limits and magazines to counter the massive weight of them. This helps to diversify games giving different classes of weapons different advantages and disadvantages.

I'm fine with what you're saying here. but then surely, make the restrictions the mentioned ones. ea. for example a DMR (AEG with higher fps) has to be semi, minimum length of x and have a sight with atleast x times zoom. A LMG (AEG with high ammo capacity) has to weight at least x, and only be used with bipod from stationary positions etc. etc.

If you made pistol or SMG DMRs it would completely negate the above paragraph. Similarly is everyone slapped box mags on M4s and MP5, LMGs would be less useful. What this would then accumulate into would be an airsoft world where there was very little variety in whats guns were used and it would all be assault rifles, SMGs and pistols which would make the game so much more boring.

I personally would completely support a sites ban on non real world DMRs, Snipers or LMGs being used as such.

This is an example for a real world LMG..

273_4.jpg

This would be allowed, but an AKM on a bipod would not?

again.... realism??

I'm fine with what you're saying here. but then surely, make the restrictions the mentioned ones. ea. for example a DMR (AEG with higher fps) has to be semi, minimum length of x and have a sight with atleast x times zoom. A LMG (AEG with high ammo capacity) has to weight at least x, and only be used with bipod from stationary positions etc. etc.

This is an example for a real world LMG..

*pic*

This would be allowed, but an AKM on a bipod would not?

Yes realism. Realism is the central premise of airsoft. Realism does not mean milsim or having picture perfect guns or loadouts but it means having things which are largely based of real world counter parts. It is this aspect that makes a lot of people start airsoft over things like paintball. And I know airsoft guns don't shoot as far as real guns but they couldn't without being lethal at closer ranges but its the closest thing there is to the real world which people can do safely for enjoyment.

While I see you second point firstly it would be stupidly unworkable but also real world rifle would not necessarily fit those measurements which again would negate the point of having RIFs in the first place. Also for something like a DMR its not just length or fire rate but you also have to take into account magazine sizes and things like SR25s have larger magazines which mean usually one would not be able to carry as much as an SMG which again is an exchange for higher range and accuracy. Also here are lighter weight LMGs which have other disadvantages. For instance my M249 weighs a lot, but it is quite short. A MG36 on the other hand does not weigh as much but it significantly longer. It is this advantages vs disadvantages which makes airsoft so enjoyable and they do have to be controlled like FPS limits to keep the advantages there. As I've said before if all those went we would just be left with a really boring set of basic guns which people modified in LMGs or DMRs and snipers and things like HK417s or M60s probably wouldn't get made.

And that is not an LMG. As I'm sure you know that's a CBJ-MS PDW which does have a (albeit completely pointless) LSW version. Thats a light support weapon, not light machine gun. There is a key difference. For instance a L86 I would not give a drum mag because its not an LSW and the real ones don't use them. You also have to take into account things like barrel weight. While a AK74 and RPK may be very similar, just one slightly longer. In real life you couldn't just slap a drum mag on a AK74 and get it to function in the same way as the barrel in the RPK would e heavier and better designe to take a higher rate and volume of fire. So neither the CBJ-MS or the AKM would be classed as a LMG

I know this all rests on the idea of realism, which is a central basis of airsoft so cannot be simply ignored. While people are free to make what they want, don't be surprised if a sight owner said no to something like a MP5 DMR. I know if I ran a sight I personally wouldn't allow it and have heard of sites doing it before.

Guys this is a bloody picture thread not an in depth discussion/argument thread. there is a section for discussions........use that!

I agree with Sam, this isn't the place for this but usually LMGs will have use belted ammunition and have a quick change barrel for sustained fire fights. On not allowing guns on site because they have no real counter part is illogical, as you would have to ban the Magpul PDW and the APS UAR too, I doubt unless it's a milsim type site they would honestly care what you were using.

smooth mike, agree that the argument should move and then weigh in on it.......as i will do as well lol. if you wanted realism then smaller guns should have to use lighter ammo and bigger guns use heavier. its a game chaps. everyone is entitled to use what they want. from Eds accurate afghan loadout to someones Judge Dredd.

You wouldn't find me there then.

Airsoft Realism 350 round magazines on an M4? lol

Different FPS limits are because the weapon is used for a different job. Snipers with a high FPS don't get to use their weapon at close range because of the higher fps, it's nothing to do with what weapon they choose to pretend is a sniper rifle!

If your MP5 is accurate enough, sticjk a scope on it and snipe away is what I say.

Yes realism. Realism is the central premise of airsoft. Realism does not mean milsim or having picture perfect guns or loadouts but it means having things which are largely based of real world counter parts. It is this aspect that makes a lot of people start airsoft over things like paintball. And I know airsoft guns don't shoot as far as real guns but they couldn't without being lethal at closer ranges but its the closest thing there is to the real world which people can do safely for enjoyment.

While I see you second point firstly it would be stupidly unworkable but also real world rifle would not necessarily fit those measurements which again would negate the point of having RIFs in the first place. Also for something like a DMR its not just length or fire rate but you also have to take into account magazine sizes and things like SR25s have larger magazines which mean usually one would not be able to carry as much as an SMG which again is an exchange for higher range and accuracy. Also here are lighter weight LMGs which have other disadvantages. For instance my M249 weighs a lot, but it is quite short. A MG36 on the other hand does not weigh as much but it significantly longer. It is this advantages vs disadvantages which makes airsoft so enjoyable and they do have to be controlled like FPS limits to keep the advantages there. As I've said before if all those went we would just be left with a really boring set of basic guns which people modified in LMGs or DMRs and snipers and things like HK417s or M60s probably wouldn't get made.

And that is not an LMG. As I'm sure you know that's a CBJ-MS PDW which does have a (albeit completely pointless) LSW version. Thats a light support weapon, not light machine gun. There is a key difference. For instance a L86 I would not give a drum mag because its not an LSW and the real ones don't use them. You also have to take into account things like barrel weight. While a AK74 and RPK may be very similar, just one slightly longer. In real life you couldn't just slap a drum mag on a AK74 and get it to function in the same way as the barrel in the RPK would e heavier and better designe to take a higher rate and volume of fire. So neither the CBJ-MS or the AKM would be classed as a LMG

I know this all rests on the idea of realism, which is a central basis of airsoft so cannot be simply ignored. While people are free to make what they want, don't be surprised if a sight owner said no to something like a MP5 DMR. I know if I ran a sight I personally wouldn't allow it and have heard of sites doing it before.

While you have been known to spend lots of effort into hiding battery cables, I on the other hand have taped batteries on the outside of my AEG for easier access. We're seeing airsoft from two very different perspectives, neither of us will make the other one agree and I suggest we leave it at that.

As for the CBJ-MS: The designer, unless I am much mistaken, will with great enthusiasm tell you how it can replace it can replace pretty much every roll, in different configurations. Then again, his views are far from objective. I do not have the knowledge to say either yey or ney. I suggest we leave this at that aswell.

I do agree with Sam about this being hugely off topic.

Maybe a moderator could split these posts to a separate thread?

Anyway, leaving it is what I will do, as I do not have the time or energy to get into this discussion, which I do not find very enjoyable.

signing out

two_zero

If your MP5 is accurate enough, sticjk a scope on it and snipe away is what I say.

Exactly what I'm going to do, it just needs a little reconditioning first :)

That's a damn big torch for a little MP5 :) you could get yourself something a little more compact, Cree Q5s are pretty damn good, very compact and extremely cheap off Fleabay.

That's a damn big torch for a little MP5 :) you could get yourself something a little more compact, Cree Q5s are pretty damn good, very compact and extremely cheap off Fleabay.

overcompensating because the gun is small :o

thou there not THAT small, are they?

563505443_eefed17cf9_z.jpg

I've ordered one. This is brighter than a Q5 though :)

The only problem with it is its temperamental. Sometimes it just won't turn on, give it 15 seconds and bingo, it fires up again. It gets really annoying..

overcompensating because the gun is small :o

thou there not THAT small, are they?

That's an SD6, the A5 is much smaller than an M4- it's even smaller than my M933!

Oh and needed to sort out some back up for the sniper rifle

So new gun or lots of mags for the glock?..........

8A6E5C9D-17F5-4F44-9378-425CD98FE153.jpg