Gun picture thread

M_P

As we're on subject now- I'm still looking to make an MP5/G3 hybrid. Anyone know which manufacturer the Cyma MP5 is cloned from? Thinking of replacing my current front set (outer barrel, gas tube, cocking handle, front sight, handguard etc) with that of a G3's- kinda like this :

vrwqpt.jpg

Yeah, I had some suspicions about it after I was outranging all the other MP5 users at my local site, knowing the magic of the TM hops- but yeah, now there's just the small matter of finding and buying a TM G3SG1 front end :/

I may be fishing here but... trinityadam, would you be able to sell your G3's front end?

I can't find the damn parts anywhere.

I understand if you don't want to, I wouldn't :P

i couldnt sell the front end on, it i really really like the g3.

but always in the market for something else. :D

Fair enough mate, I'll just have to improve my Google-fu and try to find the parts elsewhere :D

But yeah, I completely understand. I knew I wasn't going to get the first stage of my DMR project done like that :)

what the....

Epic, no? I'm going to be using my MP5 as a base for a DMR project I'm starting next year- I really like the MP5 design, and I need to make it a lot larger so people won't get arsey about an SMG size DMR. Plus that long MP5 I posted on here looks a lot more interesting than AR15 or SR25 based DMRs.

Well,you can buy a used/broken TM G3 on yahoo auctions japan and get [email protected] to ship it for you,then chop it up and jam it on your MP5.

Something like this-Only 1000JPY

http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g127665032#enlargeimg

or this,the front end of a G3 without the foregrip

http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r107764990

Or if you're a mad man,a PSG1 front end. Dunno if it will fit on an MP5.

http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r108459797#enlargeimg

Another option is asking Pulse Japan to try find it for you.

You can also try find a used JG G3 and chop it up,but the plastic quality on those is sort of dreadful.

The most expensive option is probably buying a Classic Army G3 and chopping it up,but those are expensive and made of fragile monkey metal.

That idea's probably gone down the drain now lol.

I could always just do this though:

Picture006.jpg

Just need to find myself a longer outer barrel and I'd be laughing.

edit: the outer barrel is off a G36K. Not sure how it'll work with my MP5 but I'm willing to give it a shot.

• Supporters

I can sell you a G36K outer barrel, if you like. Not sure how much I'd want for it. I'll have a look around for comparisons if you're interested.

You'd have to measure it up for me Ian- the measurements I need are in my MP5 thread.

Firesupport are asking for £31 for an Ares one- I can't find G36K OBs on other retailers I trust.

• Supporters

You'd have to measure it up for me Ian- the measurements are in my MP5 thread.

Firesupport are asking for £31 for an Ares one- I can't find G36K OBs on other retailers I trust.

You could just buy barrel extensions if the G36 one doesn't fit, there are many others available.

• Supporters

You could just buy barrel extensions if the G36 one doesn't fit, there are many others available.

Yeah, and use some kind of barrel accessory to cover the join - like a slim gas block, one of those bits with the tiny loop for an AK cleaning rod, a bayonet lug (maybe filed down), or just a barrel mount with a rail or loop.

Ahhh,the Maru *CRRRRRRRRRRRRRKK CRKKKKKKKKKK* G *CRRRRRRREEEEEEee*. Nice piece of *CREEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAA*ame it's so *CRREEEAAAAAAAAAAAA* creaky and the charging handle isn't too strong so HK slaps ha *CRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEK* minimum.

Seriously though, some company should get up off their arse and make a G3, not utilizing 20 year old standards and pot metal.

And make it full steel. For maximum HK shlaps.

And make a GBB one too.

Or TM should make a recoil shock G3. I'd trust them to not make the cocking handle pot metal.

i dont find it that creeaky, but then again perhaps i am more friendly to it then other players. :)

i also know what a cocking handle is really for and not just a nice noise maker, was letting a new player have a go he got a bit upset when i took it back off him after hearing the crack. still said it was nice mind.

• Supporters

I had someone tell me their Cyma m14 was a better gun than my G&G m14 based entirely on the comparison of the noise made by the cocking handle...

TBH, after having seen them both in the field, I wouldn't be surprised if the CYMA is a better gun than the G&G, so long as you don't take it apart, based on range and accuracy. But I honestly can't imagine the pot metal and plastic clunk inspiring much confidence :lol:

Oh Ian, I wasn't disputing which was better, the CYMA may by all means be better, I've heard very good things about them! (Reading it back I give off the feeling I'm a brand snob, which is not the case) I just found it hilarious his opinion was based entirely on the sound the charging handle made without taking any other factors into account.

• Supporters

^^Yeah Ted, I got that - I was just giving my opinion, because even if it wasn't a stupid thing to go off, and although the CYMA may well be better, the CYMA almost certainly sounds worse!

The CYMA M14 from what I've seen are notorious for the charging handles breaking and receiver snapping. Held one and the build quality didn't inspire confidence,cheap feeling stock and the pot metal felt nasty,though I'd expect the wood version to be stronger. Nice accuracy and performance,except for the gearbox which sounded to be screaming in pain. Hop did seem a bit inconsistent too,with too much fliers for my taste. Nice bang for buck gun though,but hardly hold a candle to the G&G TM and G&P m14s.

Far better than the wanky JG M14,christ that thing is awful.

• Supporters

Well, I've had opportunity to compare the TM M14 SOCOM also and I'd still pick the CYMA if they and the G&G were lined up against the wall on the way out of the safe zone. To take home would be a different story :lol: I think you must have fired a lemon or that the owner had put oil in the hop or something, because my experience of CYMA hops in general, not just the M14, is that the split nub-thingy rubber works really well for accuracy and consistency, something which PDI & Falcon have taken note of also.

I think it may have been my particular sensitivity to fliers,but I agree split rubber nubs are a great idea,it's done wonders on my VSR,I've jammed a W hold into my M9 and have ordered more off Xfire to sell 'em on or to have them if i ever get any future guns.

CYMA have done well by taking that route,gives them a real edge over other guns,only ACM company i know of who don't make tragically awful hops. Not like the wanktastic JG or other ACM hops.

Jesus,It looks like a child with parkinsons was working the casting thingy mabob when I opened up a G36. It's a miracle that thing fired in a vaguely straight line.

Although I'm not a fan of AEGs(Realized that I'm not tragically terrible at messing with GBBs!),CYMA really make nice bang for buck stuff.

I think all the good ones are made by ONE guy(Let's call him Lee or something) who gives a sh*t,but who's ideas get shot down all the time to save $$$ and crank out more guns but his idea to have Split nubs got through,bringing massive profits to the company but they all got sucked up by the Mafioso running the outfit,who also took the credit for the split nub idea.

Poor Lee, he must sacrifice his food money and family time to produce quality guns('cos he's passionate about that shite) and dreams of actually owning an airsoft gun one day,and moving CYMA to Hong Kong so the workers will not have to fear the police force constantly hounding them and taking their wages as bribes.

Join Lee in a fantastic and magical family adventure of self discovery and friendship as he leads a rag-tag team of misfits from the factory to move CYMA to Hong Kong and win the 'airhard gat of the month' cash prize to afford little Han's lung operation-

''CM0dyssey: Reckoning''

5/5 ''A masterpiece'' -The Daily Fail

10/10 ''Truly heartwarming and awe inspiring'' -Frauds.com

(That'll be 50€,a GHK AK and a automated blowjob machine for the story idea there mister film person!)

Epic, no? I'm going to be using my MP5 as a base for a DMR project I'm starting next year- I really like the MP5 design, and I need to make it a lot larger so people won't get arsey about an SMG size DMR. Plus that long MP5 I posted on here looks a lot more interesting than AR15 or SR25 based DMRs.

uhmn.. yea.

as for people saying you cant have mp5 dmr because it's "unrealistic".. tell them the British police uses semi automatic mp5s and that the real mp5 out shoots any airsoft gun on the site. so your slight higher fps really wont be an issue.

• Supporters

uhmn.. yea.

as for people saying you cant have mp5 dmr because it's "unrealistic".. tell them the British police uses semi automatic mp5s and that the real mp5 out shoots any airsoft gun on the site. so your slight higher fps really wont be an issue.

the police use semi automatic MP5s because they're not allowed fully automatic weapons, the real MP5 also has a much lower muzzle velocity than for example a minigun... does that mean a minigun is more DMR than an MP5?

your argument is invalid.

the police use semi automatic MP5s because they're not allowed fully automatic weapons, the real MP5 also has a much lower muzzle velocity than for example a minigun... does that mean a minigun is more DMR than an MP5?

your argument is invalid.

I think you missed both my points, perhaps I did not make myself clear enough:

- Semi automatic mp5 exist, hence that is not unrealistic.

- I do agree that an mp5 has lower muzzle velocity than a minigun. However, considering we're shooting plastic bbs from smooth bore imitation firearms at approximately 1 joule, I do not see how you can use "unrealistic" as an argument for banning mp5s to have a slight higher fps than, say, a minigun.

• Supporters

I think the point being made is that most places would like a DMR specced airsoft gun to look like a real world DMR. E.g. a M14, HK417, SR25, Dragunov, G3, etc. There's no real world situation where an infantry unit's designated marksmen have been issued the MP5, because it's very much a close range gun. Going by your logic it would be perfectly acceptable for me to get a pistol shooting at 400FPS and claim it's a DMR because it's semi auto only.

I think the point being made is that most places would like a DMR specced airsoft gun to look like a real world DMR. E.g. a M14, HK417, SR25, Dragunov, G3, etc.

Why?

There's no real world situation where an infantry unit's designated marksmen have been issued the MP5, because it's very much a close range gun.

True.

Going by your logic it would be perfectly acceptable for me to get a pistol shooting at 400FPS and claim it's a DMR because it's semi auto only.

Why not?

Maybe we should agree to disagree, because I don't think we're getting any further than this.