Gun picture thread

M_P

So it seems Mr. Yóuchāi has graced our shores because both my new torch and my Skorpion mags just arrived...

To call the torch 'bright' is a serious understatement: I'll take a couple of pics later when it's dark. As you can see, the Skorpion box mags fit into the real steel mag pouch, but the real bonus is that the drum mag fits exactly into one of the slots in my SVD mag pouch, so it's perfect for sniper backup:

1 x SVD & 1 x Skorpion mid cap in the back of the SVD pouch (which can be used like a dump pouch) ready to load as soon as I emerge from the safe zone.

2 x SVD mid caps in the front SVD pouch slots

1 x SVD & 1 x Skorpion hi cap in a front SVD pouch slots

1 x Skorpion mid cap & 1 x Scorpion mini hi cap in Skorpion mag pouch

I'm a lean mean getting hit machine :lol:

Where did you get the torch from? I am after a bright cheapish light for my AK

• Supporters

q2da.jpg

7bbj.jpg

Do I even what?

• Supporters

Where did you get the torch from? I am after a bright cheapish light for my AK

Fleabay - 33mins left - £6 now + free postage

• Supporters

wuss.jpg

Oh yeah, and my new AKS-47 - TM base gun w/ Inokatsu body kit - it's on a par with LCT bodies I'd say, but obviously it looks far too new and shiny right now. I couldn't fit any more AK mags on the chair, so there are some AK-74 mags missing :lol:

I may be a western gun lover, but AKs always have that simple rugged charm they share with heavy machinery- I think I've decided on my next gun, and my wallet has a loooooong time to recover from my M933 :D

Put some white paint on it then scuff the hell out of it, like on your mag, then wrap some cloth tape around it so you can only see the paint at the top and bottom. If you use a colour of tape lighter than black, coat your hand in something like brown coloured whiteboard marker and hold the grip so the ink transfers. Touch that up and maybe add a little fire ash, to make it look like dirt picked up through hard use in battle.

How's that?

I'll have to post a couple of new ones of my AKS-74U too, because it has undergone a couple of changes.

actually, the white is label blanks^^

but yea, that gave me some inspiration, I will see what I can accomplish..

q2da.jpg

7bbj.jpg

Do I even what?

That's a yes then? those mags!!

Kill it!! With Fire!!

Fire doesn't kill an AK, silly! as a matter in fact I think it would probably disturb you even more ;)

I may be a western gun lover, but AKs always have that simple rugged charm they share with heavy machinery- I think I've decided on my next gun, and my wallet has a loooooong time to recover from my M933 :D

yea, I refer to them as "combat machines" sometimes (shame G&G uses that term aswell).. neither do I hate western guns, the Ruger 10/22 is actually one of my favourite rifles all times:)

my m4 with new flash hider front grip and red dot sight added. should have done one with the bayonet on....

m4_zpsa22227bd.jpg

also planning to add an umbrella corp logo on where ive pencilled in the outline...

IMG-20131106-00202_zps38c21f46.jpg

Got a scope mount on and a red dot for now, soon to be replaced with a good scope. Also need a bipod,leather sling and a proper cheek riser with pouch, but Adapt, improvise and overcome as they say lol!

• Supporters

So I promised some pics with my new torch. It's an Ultrafire body with a CREE XM-LT6 1600LM LED & takes 2 x 18650 3.7-4.2V Lithium batteries -

vpim.jpg

Pictured here next to my other CREE XML T6 powered torch = 1 x 18650 battery

w9wi.jpg

There's too much ambient light here for my phone to distinguish just how much brighter the torch beam is than the other sources.

Here are some comparing the two torches side by side:

- the single battery is a better quality one rated at 4.2V 4200mAh & unused since being charged last Friday.

- the twin batteries are rated 3.7V 3000mAh & can't remember when last charged (weeks ago).

u0mk.jpg

- with small amount of ambient light.

bui7.jpg

- in complete darkness.

sj2s.jpg

- this is a main road so brightly lit. Again it doesn't do the difference in brightness justice, as that porch light seems like a brighter source than the torch beam. In fact shining the torch in that direction lights up the wall all around the light, it's just that it shows as yellow on my phone, not white as it is.

• Supporters

1238973_582960531767259_182240704_n.jpg

ubae.jpg

this one shows the custom work i've done to make the pistol grip fit my hand exactly

• Supporters

@UTJ: i didn't actually have any low scope mounts when i 1st put that 4x32 illum. on there. It does look a bit silly i spose, but it's a lot more comfy for my neck than aiming from lower. It doesn't look as daft with a 3-9x40 on high mounts, but i don't want a monster scope on there and mine isn't illuminated either. I'm planning on getting a PSO-1 if I can get it at a comfy price, but I suspect I'm going to have to invest in some 'kin expensive rs kit to get something that matches the gun and sits high up enough for my creaky anatomy.

@two_zero: Yeah, it came to me sprayed plain tan at the front and I hated it but i didn't have money spare to do a good paint job so I just put some black stripes on it and covered it with net/camo. I'll get around to a paint job eventually, although I'm tempted to go full wood furniture, black metalwork and a decent ghillie wrap.

• Supporters

^^Yeah, and if you run out of BB's you'll be able to use it as a mace!

:lol:

went to buy an EAP for winter use but was very disappointed with the performance, could have spat the BBs further and harder, so by accident I ended up with a GBB TM GLOCK 18c with a few spare mags ;-)

20131107_141417_zps68f38865.jpg

I'd not played with a pistol with full auto before, absolutely bonkers, was giggling like a school boy in the range at my local retailer! :D