Gun picture thread

M_P

Thank you guys, I love my SCAR, perfect for the new urban cqb site that's just opened up near me, I think I've got to get a SCAR H soon though otherwise the CQC will get lonely 😉

Thank you guys, I love my SCAR, perfect for the new urban cqb site that's just opened up near me, I think I've got to get a SCAR H soon though otherwise the CQC will get lonely

And so, the wallet emptying begins.

• Supporters

@NAE13 I was talking to Geoff about various ways of carrying my AKS and SVD and he suggested I fold the AKS stock and attach both ends of the sling to the rear sling mount. It didn't really work with the loadout I was rocking then, because it kept clattering my pistol, but it's a good idea so I revisited it. I expect it will work with my Soviet gear because I use a Makarov holster with a PPK-alike on my waist belt, not a drop leg.

Anyhoo, long story short, two problems are that, although it doesn't really look it, my AKS is pretty old and knackered so the stock doesn't stay folded when the weight of the gun is all hanging on the sling mount attached to it and with it hanging vertically down, anytime I crouch, which will happen a lot when using a sniper rifle also, the muzzle will go straight into the dirt.

Hence, besides a muzzle cover, I needed something to jam into the stock fold catch that wouldn't get lost, because I'd need to do some serious metalwork to stop the stock from wobbling so much that it moves out from under the catch, and perhaps even a brand new one wouldn't do it without a new receiver also...

0mo1.jpg

fch9.jpg

Cover made from a small pill bottle with the thread cut off, neoprene, and tape. It comes off easily or the 1st shot removes it.

uy5k.jpg

It has a few layers of hard and spongy shock absorption to stop BB's wrecking it quickly, but I think it may need more/better.

mtbu.jpg

I needed to add that loop to the stock, but a bit of paint and it looks like it belongs, IMO.

1mwr.jpg

tlb9.jpg

• Supporters

Looks very overly complicated in a rather un-Russian-esque way.

But if it's stupid and it works, it isn't stupid. You at Skirmish this Sunday, Ian?

• Supporters

No mate, my back is still recovering from GZ.

I know what you mean re un-Russian. The muzzle cap needs to be made of steel and chained on, but right now I don't have anything that I can press into service.

That spanner thingy is the best thing I had to hand, but again it could do with a chain - I might take the chain off my Soviet water/vodka canteen because it's a major pain in the arse - it actually makes it more difficult to get the cap on/off. But then there's the reason I plaited that bootlace - so it can't get a loop caught on anything. The chain I'm thinking of has figure of 8 links that are un-welded - what do you reckon to bath plug chain?

I spose I could go t'other way and use some rough jute twine.

Marushin raging bull

null_zps400419ac.jpg

Used it for the first time last Sunday at red1cqb... Absolutely great fun. At one point I just had this (loaded with 6 8mm bbs) and a knife!!! Very fun indeed.

Finished painting my M14 this morning. Going to pick up a harris type bipod, and scope etc. so I'll have a sexy looking M21! Ignore the sling, it's a stand in in until I get a leather one.

IMG-20130906-00123_zps88a83f5b.jpg

IMG-20130906-00124_zps83d1c451.jpg

IMG-20130906-00125_zps85aff9dd.jpg

IMG-20130906-00127_zps076c61d5.jpg

Poor photography, brought to you by my blackberry!

• Supporters

Nerf guns have proper magazines and shit? That's badass :o

• Supporters

NERF is f****** advanced these days. They make a belt fed LMG with non-disintegrating link á la the PKM. Went in to an Argos for the first time in years the other day and they had 'em on offer for about £30. Came *that* close to walking out with one.