Gun picture thread

M_P

Didnt like the look of it on my scar. That's why it got painted. ACOGs look wrong on the SCAR but the 552 looks just right.

Didnt like the look of it on my scar. That's why it got painted. ACOGs look wrong on the SCAR but the 552 looks just right.

agreed acog looks pants on a scar I like the look my self of 552 and magnifier but makes it heavy carry all day

Is your magnifier flip to side and QD ??

Yeap it is indeedy! There is a certain satisfaction when you flip it up to take that longer shot.

• Supporters

With perhaps a slight caveat for the shorter AEG mags, those first 3 shots in particular are a very good demonstration for what a stable firing platform the 85 is, especially out 300-600m. Even a biff like me can do it.

For my contribution; took bloody ages, but I finally managed to get my LM4 finished and ready for some CQB gaming. So glad I moved over from the WOCs to this platform.

b4a61223-fdd2-4809-81f2-0918807a1bcc_zpsea3cb79e.jpg

IMG_1800_zpsfbe8413f.jpg

IMG_1809_zps98565c17.jpg

• Supporters

For my contribution; took bloody ages, but I finally managed to get my LM4 finished and ready for some CQB gaming. So glad I moved over from the WOCs to this platform.

Would you recommend the LM4s then? What are the internals like? I imagine they're a much nicer gas blowback platform to run with, but I'm worried about the availability of parts and especially magazines.

I'm thinking of getting the WE M4 CQB for an L119 project, but do you think the LM4 might be better for it?

• Supporters

With perhaps a slight caveat for the shorter AEG mags, those first 3 shots in particular are a very good demonstration for what a stable firing platform the 85 is, especially out 300-600m. Even a biff like me can do it.

----- pictures ------

That is an extraordinarily pretty gun, what mount is that you've got the primary arms reddot on?

• Supporters

I've meant to ask you for ages, Ed... what sort of tape is that on your bloody grip-pod?

• Supporters

Would you recommend the LM4s then? What are the internals like? I imagine they're a much nicer gas blowback platform to run with, but I'm worried about the availability of parts and especially magazines.

I'm thinking of getting the WE M4 CQB for an L119 project, but do you think the LM4 might be better for it?

I always recommend them yeah. The trigger is aluminium but the parts which take the wear are all steel and the hammer's got a chunky roller bearing which is a big plus. They don't look as internally realistic as a WA or (from what little I know) a WE but that's why they're more robust. Depends which parts you'd be after but nothing's likely to break very quickly and there seems to be plenty of mags about.

I'm not sure how well it'd work for an SFW, depends on the barrel length to a large extent I'd imagine. The KWA receiver markings are fugly as hell so they'd need sorting; but getting/fitting the right handguard, stock, optic, gas block etc for the 119 wouldn't be any different to any other GBB system. I'm wouldn't buy anything WE personally, but some people love them, so obviously the base weapon is down to what the individuals requirements are.

That is an extraordinarily pretty gun, what mount is that you've got the primary arms reddot on?

Ta. Mount is one of these:

https://www.primaryarms.com/American-Defense-Aimpoint-T1-Mount-1-Piece-p/ad-t1-10.htm

Far above the quality of any airsoft equivalents, but also much cheaper than the likes of LaRue and Daniel Defence mounts. No idea if any who'll ship to the UK stocks them I'm afraid.

• Supporters

Uk shipping isn't a problem, I have family over in the states who can forward things providing its legal to do so, thanks for the heads up. Sick of having china soft clone red dots die on top of my MP7 and the primary arms sight might just fit the bill!

Sorry for poor picture quality, used my phone!

My G&G T4-18 Light - finished for now, shoots lovely on .25s

Nice gun talbert. I was thinking about getting one of them when I get my UKARA and getting a HK416 stock for it.

Speaking of necro posting, I don't mind it on stuff like this by posting their pics etc. I just hate it when it's stupid and was answered earlier on in the thread, but that's not even necro posting, that's just being an arse. :)

• Supporters

Looking good, James.

My A&K Dragunov SVD project Svetlana:

zh1r.jpg

Rocking her RS sling. Needs a proper SVD one though - this AK sling doesn't give me enough options.

l7ts.jpg

Showing her extended cocking lever.

jgtl.jpg

She came to me with a horrible tan paint job over her two-tone green handguards, gas block, barrel, front sight, and flash hider. I don't have the time or money to do a proper camo job so I just added some Krylon black stripes to break up the background under the netting etc.

• Supporters

Got to be honest, I don't think the scope suits it very well- the netting on the front looks good though.

indeed, needs a proper russian scope, PSO or something, that said it's a pretty nice looking gun regardless... question is, does it shoot as good as it looks?!

You're right, lads. I don't have the cash spare for a PSO right now though. I'm in negotiations for one, but I wanted a scope on there for GZ. I'm taking a 3-9 x 40 air rifle scope with me to NAE also, but this one has an illuminated reticle so I'm hoping its 4 x 32 will be enough for the job. I'm buggered for scope zeroing where I live though. 7.5m is max range I can shoot targets from.

I've given her my standard "out the back room window over the neighbours' rooftops" test and the range is impressive, but I've only been able to test accuracy over the iron sights. I can hit a 1.5" wide aluminium TV aerial pole at about 40m maybe once in three shots, so although I'm not yet satisfied, I think I'm off to a good start with Svetlana as a project.

The original butt plate was missing when I bought her - replaced with some kind of squidgy cushion floor stuff cut to shape and screwed/taped on. I've added a surface to it made from the palm of some cheapo goalie gloves so it sticks to my shoulder as I re-cock, so now it's easier to keep the rifle just about on target for subsequent shots. I'm planning to add some kind of spacer and RS butt plate in future because the stock isn't quite long enough for my comfort, especially in the prone position, so I dunno how long the goalie glove layer will last. I'm also planning on a wood body kit at some point, so I'm not sure how much effort is worth putting into what will hopefully be a temporary fix, but it will depend on how much money I can spare for her... because she needs the PSO scope for the look and an SVD bipod for practicality first.

• Supporters

I've meant to ask you for ages, Ed... what sort of tape is that on your bloody grip-pod?

Only just saw this!

It's green sniper tape, that weird fabric stuff. It's just been on there for about a year and a half, so it looks a bit worse for wear lol.