Gun picture thread

M_P

Real aimpoint = top level kit

Hicap magazine = usually low level kit.

Real sight its very much over kill when you have enough ammo to spray away. Would make more sense if you were using lowcaps where you would want a bang on sight

Real aimpoint = top level kit

Hicap magazine = usually low level kit.

Real sight its very much over kill when you have enough ammo to spray away. Would make more sense if you were using lowcaps where you would want a bang on sight

I don't usually like to engage in an argument or discussion such as this but given I've had two people paint me as 'doing it wrong', here I go.

I had the sight before I started airsoft. I'd need a fairly fucking good reason not to use it – the fact that I use high caps isn't one of them. Both comments are fairly silly things to say, if you had the sight or had the money to buy the sight (and it was indeed what you wanted) then why not use it? Using a red dot does not make me any less or more accurate that it would if I used my iron sights only. Also red dots are used primarily for faster targeting anyway.

The reason I use high caps is because it simply means less magazines – you also make the assumption that lowcaps = realism = better. This whole sport is subjective and I don't see any pros or logic in your last sentence. Are you sure you are not being elitist or at least tieing 'high end gear' with people who want the full challenge of realism?

I don't really have anything against hicaps, however they are usually seen as magazines newer players use, as most long time players have moved on to lower capacity magazines to challenge themselves.

My point was, less ammo, you would need a better sight as you need to make your shots count. More ammo a cheap sight would do as you have the spare ammo to miss a few.

I am aware how you got the sight and don't see a problem with you using it. If you paid for it however it would be over kill on your setup however.

I just use the standard cheap dot sight on my g36 as I use hi caps and even a drum mag, I have no need for anything fancy. My 416 however I've been looking at getting a real sight for though as I only have 30 shots a magazine.

Fair enough. I have used some cheap red dots now and well; I won't go back, ever. Every aspect of it is better to the nth degree plus it has a 8 year life on one AAA battery. I still wouldn't class it as overkill because the extra 'quality' isn't lost. Then again I suppose that's subjective too!

Going for the second line look?
Pretty much what my cousin's unit were using last November, only they didn't have the flashhider at that point.

I've been messing around with my L85, trying to optimise it for CQB games. It's not exactly what you'd call... "traditional"...

P1012116_zpsbdfbb795.jpg

P1012118_zps00db58ff.jpg

Thing is, both set ups works brilliantly (and if they winds up traditionalists, all the better :P ). All I need now are some backup/folding iron sights. I do admit that the current flashlight is awful though, so next time Firesupport have the replica LLM01 in, I'll try to get one.

• Supporters

Did you paint your trigger green? Mine's black =/

Or is it just the light? 'Cos it does look black in the first photo...

Not a fan of the EOTech going on top of the RIS, even though realistically, that's the best place for it. I am a traditionalist though, so to me, the top of the RIS ought to just bare all the time lol.

I think one of those EOTech might looks properly awesome on an L22A2 though, you ought to have got one of those for CQB!

• Supporters

So I finally succumbed to peer pressure and acquired an AR variant:

zrv6.jpg

Free from SRC with a couple of G36 bits :)
exhg.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

So I finally succumbed to peer pressure and acquired an AR variant:

zrv6.jpg

Free from SRC with a couple of G36 bits :)

exhg.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

where did you buy the parts from?

• Supporters

Direct from SRC, Adam. I emailed them and Mordred Chiang is a very helpful CS bloke: support@starrainbow.com.tw

Did you paint your trigger green? Mine's black =/

Or is it just the light? 'Cos it does look black in the first photo...

Not a fan of the EOTech going on top of the RIS, even though realistically, that's the best place for it. I am a traditionalist though, so to me, the top of the RIS ought to just bare all the time lol.

I think one of those EOTech might looks properly awesome on an L22A2 though, you ought to have got one of those for CQB!

No, it's just a trick of the light, not quite sure why it came out like that. Although WE's GBB has a green trigger, for some incredibly strange reason.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a traditionalist at heart, it's just a case of using what's a hand, and trying to make it work. Learnt the hard way that SUSATs/ACOGs and CQB rarely go well together.

I like how it looks now, but I think it'll look a lot better when I find some folding iron-sights and bolt them on. (Thinking of SCAR or Tavor sights).

I tried the L22, but I just don't like it - which is a shame, as I think they look awesome. The battery set-up is a monumental PITA, so until that gets sorted (or a GBB comes out), I'll be sticking to my L85 and Carbine.

• Supporters

certainly mightier than a sword!

Ironically enough I'm in the middle of a plastic machete & scabbard customisation and creation :P:lol:

I want to get hold of some sorbothane or some tough rubber so I can make one of those trench shovels the GRU used to use(Forgot their name :P)

Though probably not going to happen,I'm very skint on monies.

And that AR15 looks beautiful,nice vintage look to it. Looks to have solid construction.

• Supporters

The ones the spetnaz sharpen up and throw at people, UTJ? I would love one of them :wub:

Here is my gun as it currently stands. I've included two pictures one with and one without the Eotech. I still can't make my mind up.

with eotech looks better :)

Thanks mate, I've even dry brushed rust over the bare metal to dull it, photo bucket destroys the quality however. Can't have an AK looking pristine :-)

After cleaning most of the green off the fake wood, receiver still to go

IMG_20130718_224612_zps8409282a.jpg

While stripping the fluro green, the fake wood is also being stained before being re worn (check out the grey body too)

1017555_10201420817580123_227504998_n_zp

And after (mags been worn now to match)

1000706_10201420716657600_1872052363_n_z

• 2 weeks later...

The ones the spetnaz sharpen up and throw at people, UTJ? I would love one of them :wub:

I remember seeing a folding one that's based off a Chinese clone of the russian one at the airsofteire clearance bin.

Looking back now,I could have made the handle by cutting up an old broom and cuttin up some sorbothane and gluing it around the edges.

It's probably gone by now,since it was listed on their site.

Hnnngh gotta hate missed opportunities.

oooooo new optics!!!!!!! Going for a copy of the M4s used by the PJs in "inside combat Rescue"

C9ABE8CC-DA62-4374-B8A3-07F9CA43175B-300

6D7FDE99-6415-46E0-A92C-52463ED17E77-300

The 551 is already painted to match the gun. But unsure if i should paint the magnifier as i can use it on the SCAR as well as that has a 552.

these look the nutz on a scar I used both on mine way better than my acog