Gun picture thread

M_P

I note what lot of British players have a L85/86.

It is only on the forum or it is also lot present on the airsoft field ?

quite a lot of players have L85's because they are what the army use and you will always find someone with a L85 at a game

• Supporters

A lot more M4's on the field than L85/86's. Do many French players carry a FAMAS?

I'd say it's the same all over the world, ea. the weapons that the country in questions army is mainly using is common in the airsoft community. if in produce.

as for the question: I see them every now and again, but not too commonly, no.

Then again, two of the four common weapons are being used by UK police (etc). The other two are the two are ´the most common assault rifles worldwide.

...is g36 common in countries that does not use it? the only other reason for having it, because its not very attractive, in my eyes, is that it seems quite practical..

quite a lot of players have L85's because they are what the army use and you will always find someone with a L85 at a game

Ok, in France it is rather uncommon to see a L85/86 at a game. The only ones I could see, was in stores.

A lot more M4's on the field than L85/86's. Do many French players carry a FAMAS?

It is the same for we. -_- M4 is outnumber our national FAMAS.

Yes, a lot of players have it, but it tends to stay in homes because only Cybergun and Marui make it and...

...Everybody hate Cybergun in France, and the gun tends to have some internal problems.

Marui is expensive and a lot of players don't take it because the power is too low. (280 fps)

And for it's two brands. The weapon has a tendency to squeak a lot. <_<

I'd say it's the same all over the world, ea. the weapons that the country in questions army is mainly using is common in the airsoft community. if in produ

as for the question: I see them every now and again, but not too commonly, no.

You're lucky that your national weapon is produced by a good brand. ^_^ (ICS)

• Supporters

No ka didn't.

I don't know why the airsoft community always brings up these random petition ideas, nothing ever comes of them. I don't think even a decent famas would sell in huge numbers, it'd probably be too big a risk for most manufacturers. G&G are probably the only ones even vaguely likely to give it a shot. Still probably won't happen though.

I have never seen a single player using an L85.

Just painted the slide of my KJW KP02/p229. There was nothing actually wrong with it except the paint finish is a little on the shiny side. So I have applied a couple of thin coats of Plastikote just to take the edge off.

It's a very subtle difference but I'm pleased with it :)

lyXxZPF.jpg

Another boring, slightly blurred, hand gun pic! :D

I'm still bored so I have just painted the grips to get a wood effect. Pleased with it so far but I need to get some kind of varnish to make them look like nice shiny wood! I also polished that shiny thing in the middle. I don't even know what it's called :D I'm such a noob :D

EDIT: I might polish up the trigger one day too to give it a bit of a custom look.

vZNGCwm.jpg

I'm still bored so I have just painted the grips to get a wood effect. Pleased with it so far but I need to get some kind of varnish to make them look like nice shiny wood! I also polished that shiny thing in the middle. I don't even know what it's called :D I'm such a noob :D

Very nicely done ARN, what technique did you use to polish it up? Nice job on the wood effect as well, should look lovely when varnished.

And IRRC, that part is called the chamber - at least, that's what its called by SIG anyway.

• Supporters

It's the ejection port cover, mate. Looking good.

Thanks guys :)

To polish the ejection port cover ;) I raided my wife's nail stuff! She has these cuboid nail files with four different surfaces on them. File, buff, smooth and shine. They work great for all sorts of stuff!

I think I am going to repaint the grips before I varnish them. I want them a bit lighter I think. I just painted those with back, dark umber, and crimson acrylic paints. A coat of burnt umber or even an ochre should do the job :)

Interesting technique for polishing it, I'll keep that in mind the next time I try polishing something.

As for the wood - you could try painting it a light colour (something off-white, like buff titanium), then using a very dark wood varnish to give it a wooden colour. Although it'd probably be best to practice it on something non-important first.

• Supporters

If you mix your lighter paints with varnish you can build up layers of semi-transparent colour which will look more like the patina of real wood. Good idea to practice on something else 1st.

Awesome tips guys, thanks.

I've repainted the grips so now they have a few different colours/layers and I have ordered some clear gloss varnish. So a little too late to follow your advice :D

I figure I can always start again if my half arsed technique doesn't work :D

Just finished my TM Sopmod :wub: Magpul MOE grip and trigger guard, Magpul XTM Handstop, Troy sights, Vortex RS Strikefire sight, Madbull 11" VTACS Battle rail, Laylax hard buffer ring, Magpul ASAP and Magpul ACS stock modded to fit the 7.4v Nunchuck LiPo batteries in.

20130608_191025_zps10527894.jpg

20130608_190944_zpsdf0fac47.jpg

20130608_191040_zps6d4d981d.jpg