Gun picture thread

M_P

• Supporters

Well you've fulfilled it then, mate! The bloke in that pic looks so the part....

My 2 favorites

IMG_6534_zps8ad91eb5.jpg

Marmite gun, but I love it - might have to get a couple more mags for it though

IMG_6530_zps65c7be27.jpg

the workhorse

Small, Medium, Large my 3 M4's. A GBBR and two AEG's

Top one is my lastest project cost me £50 new, replaced plastic parts ie. outter barrel, front sight, delta ring, the launcher is for looks only as it houses the battery.

Middle M4 is the workhorse main weapon I use all metal no upgrades as of yet

Bottom is a winner ( won me my free trip to Tawain wahoo) started life as a G&G GBBR only internals are G&G changed metal body, RIS, front and rear sights and stock

post-4404-0-96662000-1366967444_thumb.jpg

post-4404-0-31891200-1366968028_thumb.jpg

post-4404-0-80935000-1366968514_thumb.jpg

post-4404-0-14222800-1366969100_thumb.jpg

post-4404-0-45276800-1366969398_thumb.jpg

post-4404-0-41628700-1366969788_thumb.jpg

• Supporters

my two newest babies:

sealsj.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Marui MP7A1 GBB (BEST GUN EVAR FOR CQB) and a Marui HK416D - as yet untested as I only got it this morning but the ROF for a stock gun on an 8.4v NiMh is staggering as is the trigger response in semi... so much so that I cannot get it to lock up in semi no matter how fast I pull the trigger!

• Supporters

That post is made of win :P albeit German win <_<

• Supporters

Don't like tiddlers or AR15's, but if you have to have them, they're a fine looking pair :)

• Supporters

Was, we sold it back a few years ago :(

• Supporters

Well, they were born out of Mauser in Germany. I believe there was (might still be) a H&K UK division setup that was responsible for various things related with the L85A2, but yeah 'we' owned H&K for a bit, but it was sold back in 02 during a restructure within BAe (bad move).

There's no Royal Ordnance any more, all just became BAe long ago.

jcheeseright, that 416 looks great. Looking forward to hearing how it performs.

As for H&K and the UK -

H&K were sold to a group of German businessmen (some time between 2004-2007, I always forget exactly when), but officially stopped being a British company once the SA80-A2 upgrade program was officially finished in 2006.
H&K currently occupy the old RSAF in Nottingham, leased to them by the British government - which is why H&K have a substantial amount of MoD and police contracts. For example, it's H&K (rather than FN,the original designers of the L7A1) who are making the new L7A2 GPMGs for the British Army.

• Supporters

Well, they were born out of Mauser in Germany. I believe there was (might still be) a H&K UK division setup that was responsible for various things related with the L85A2, but yeah 'we' owned H&K for a bit, but it was sold back in 02 during a restructure within BAe (bad move).

There's no Royal Ordnance any more, all just became BAe long ago.

I met a recently retired BAe VP at a wedding a few years ago. My dad worked for BAC then BAe after the privatisation pretty much his entire working life and I visited various airshows, open days, etc. as a kid, so we got chatting.

A bone of contention appeared when I explained that my time at uni was spent studying Sound Technology. In his mind there is no difference between my technical studies and a content driven Media Studies type degree, which he regarded with derision. Regardless of the massive difference, I pointed out that media is one of the UK's largest exports these days. There followed a brief exchange which ended with him opining that the reason why the Tories had had to shut down British heavy industry was because British workers would not accept wages and conditions comparable to those in developing countries and that not only was this a bad thing, it was the fault of Trade Unions.

He went on to recapitulate and, whilst still ignoring the point about media being a huge export market and necessary in the absence of closed industies, claim that the reason our universities are churning out graduates with degrees in Media Studies (for doing nothing but watch TV lol) and Sociology (so they are qualified to hold people's hands while they cry about problems they are too lazy to fix for themselves *sigh*) is also the fault of Trade Unions... for raising the expectations from life of British workers!

No word of a lie, the bloke is nothing short of a fascist. I asked him a number of innocuous questions sprinkled into our further conversation and the upshot was that, in his opinion, his views are shared by the entire upper echelon of BAe management. Pretty scary when you consider that these people have managed to obtain a de facto monopoly over arms supply to the UK Govt. and, despite the loudly espoused philosophy of free markets producing the best products and services when left entirely to their own devices, free, for eg, from Govt. interference, they have achieved this gargantuan market position with UK Govt. subsidy.

• Supporters

Doesn't surprise me, they rip off the MoD at every turn. Same as every big company that contracts for the government really, it's all a shambles. I'll leave it for another thread rather than gun pictures though to save going too off-topic.

• Supporters

my two newest babies:

sealsj.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Marui MP7A1 GBB (BEST GUN EVAR FOR CQB) and a Marui HK416D - as yet untested as I only got it this morning but the ROF for a stock gun on an 8.4v NiMh is staggering as is the trigger response in semi... so much so that I cannot get it to lock up in semi no matter how fast I pull the trigger!

I think I might have to buy an MP7 now. Dear lord.

• Supporters

"fagpulled" - haven't seen it before but I like it.

• Supporters

Gee I sure appreciate that mister : )

Hot diggety dang, so do I :)

• Supporters

Pretty amazed little gem of a phrase is still doing the rounds.

Hold up..... Doctor Who just rocked up in his tardis let me ask him about it..... yep, he said it's all the rage in 2009.