WE and TM XDM and M&P Full Auto Shooting Problem Fix

Marc.RG1
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

How to stop your WE and TM XDM and M&P from shooting in full auto.

Hello everyone, as some of you know i bought a 2nd hand faulty WE XDM 3.8 Compact as another project pistol, one of the problems this gun had was it would always shooting in full auto due to a worn hammer sear, in this video i show you how i stopped the gun from firing in full auto by filing down the edge of the sear giving it a nice flat edge again, this video will also show you how to change and replace the sear if you wanted to do that..

If The Dailymotion Embed Videos Do Not Work For You, Please Click On The Link Above The Video Instead..

http://dai.ly/x6g5e66

I hope this video is helpful to you.
Happy Shooting All..

ATB, Marc.. ;)

Hi all, ok so i thought as i was having to upload my whole video library again, so i can make my topics look whole again, i thought i would bump a few of them too, as they could have been missed or not seen by some.. :)

Happy Shooting All..
ATB, Marc..

On 23. 10. 2017. at 10:51 PM, Marc.RG1 said:

How to stop your WE and TM XDM and M&P from shooting in full auto.

Hello everyone, as some of you know i bought a 2nd hand faulty WE XDM 3.8 Compact as another project pistol, one of the problems this gun had was it would always shooting in full auto due to a worn hammer sear, in this video i show you how i stopped the gun from firing in full auto by filing down the edge of the sear giving it a nice flat edge again, this video will also show you how to change and replace the sear if you wanted to do that..

I hope this video is helpful to you.
Happy Shooting All..

ATB, Marc.. ;)

Dear Mark,

Unfortunatelly, the link is not working.

Could you provide link for the video because I have the same issue.

In case I would like to replace the sear what are replacements you could propose? 

8 hours ago, Predrag said:

Dear Mark,

Unfortunatelly, the link is not working.

Could you provide link for the video because I have the same issue.

In case I would like to replace the sear what are replacements you could propose? 

Hi mate try the link again, it seems to be working when I look at it, if you still have problems with the link can you please let me know as I've just started uploading to dailymotion but if it's rubbish I'll look elsewhere. 

If you can't fix/mod the sear like I show, I recommend buying a replacement commend replacing it with an original sear to save extra work which could need to be done for correct fitment. 

For ease you could just buy a full hammer assembly. It's not that expensive and super easy to fit. 

https://www.kyairsoft.com/shop/product/we-xdm-complete-hammer-set-46840?search=We+xdm

ATB Marc 

Dear Mark,

Thank you, the link is working now.

1. Could you propose how to download the video from Dailymotion I would like it saved on my PC, if you know?

2. Yesterday I shoot with the WE XDM pistol and autoshooting was pop-up and after my trigger was frosen and I can shoot.

Do you have any sugesstion what to try to do?

Best Regards,

P. 

9 hours ago, Predrag said:

Dear Mark,

Thank you, the link is working now.

1. Could you propose how to download the video from Dailymotion I would like it saved on my PC, if you know?

2. Yesterday I shoot with the WE XDM pistol and autoshooting was pop-up and after my trigger was frosen and I can shoot.

Do you have any sugesstion what to try to do?

Best Regards,

P. 

Hello, I'm glad the link is working for you know.. 

Unfortunately I am not sure how you would download the video from dailymotion as I'm new to using dailymotion motion. If your using Windows10 you might have a screen recorder you could do it that way.. Or if you would like PM me your email address and I will try emailing you my video file directly :)

Without seeing your gun if only a little tricky to fault find with these kind of issues as it could be a few things, but no matter what your going to need to strip the gun down, so disassemble the gun, check the blow back unit, check the loading nozzle and check the gas valve/flute valve inside the nozzle,  and very slightly lube the piston head.. Then disassemble the frame, trigger the trigger mechanism and hammer assembly, use my video and check for broken or worn down parts.. 

If your unsure,  as your not in the UK post pictures and I'll look, if you don't want to try fault finding each part, and you know it's not your blowback unit too, if you replaced the whole trigger and hammer assembly I'm pretty sure it would solve the issue. 

ATB Marc 

Dear Mark,

I solved issue flowing you instruction.

Thank you so much :D.

I have several questions (I hope this could be interested for other forum members, too):

1. To buy spare part:

As I twice "grinding" the original sear, first time after ~3300 BBs, and second time (yesterday) after ~500 BBs, it could be concluded the material is to "soft" for the application.

I would like you opinion about the next options in order to have longer period without the (similar) issues:

a) I could order spare part from: 

https://www.kyairsoft.com/shop?search=%23X-43

but as it is original part from WE I am suspicions it is the same quality (soft) and the issues will repeat soon.

B) Second option is to order aftermarket CNC steel part (but for TM): 

http://www.wiitech.com.hk/product-detail.shtml?product_id=356&path=17_128

Does it be fit for WE XDM?

c) Or it is better option: Full hammer assembly (as you propose): 

https://www.kyairsoft.com/shop/product/we-xdm-complete-hammer-set-46840?search=We+xdm

2. How to maintenance / oil pistol:

How often and what lube to use?

How to clean pistol barrel?

My apology for the several questions but I would like to hear your opinion.

Best Regards,

P.

44 minutes ago, Predrag said:

Dear Mark,

I solved issue flowing you instruction.

Thank you so much :D.

I have several questions (I hope this could be interested for other forum members, too):

1. To buy spare part:

As I twice "grinding" the original sear, first time after ~3300 BBs, and second time (yesterday) after ~500 BBs, it could be concluded the material is to "soft" for the application.

I would like you opinion about the next options in order to have longer period without the (similar) issues:

a) I could order spare part from: 

https://www.kyairsoft.com/shop?search=%23X-43

but as it is original part from WE I am suspicions it is the same quality (soft) and the issues will repeat soon.

B) Second option is to order aftermarket CNC steel part (but for TM): 

http://www.wiitech.com.hk/product-detail.shtml?product_id=356&path=17_128

Does it be fit for WE XDM?

c) Or it is better option: Full hammer assembly (as you propose): 

2. How to maintenance / oil pistol:

How often and what lube to use?

How to clean pistol barrel?

My apology for the several questions but I would like to hear your opinion.

Best Regards,

P.

Hi mate glad my video helped you fix the gun. :)

No need to say sorry for the questions that's part of what the forum is here for and we are happy to help if we can.. 

As for the enhanced TM steel sear, apparently they are compatible BUT I have not tried one myself so I would NOT tell you to buy one, because I don't know first hand if they are compatible, without some fettling.. 

Personally for the price they cost and for how long they last, unless you want to risk it and see if the cnc tm version fits, I would just buy the original replacement part, they are cheap and last quite a long time, I'm not going to lie though, because I have a lot if guns and shoot all the shooting sports/hobbies some of my guns last longer as I don't put as many rounds through them.. 

Unless your willing to risk the TM CNC Steel part not fitting without modification, buy the standard WE part, I do not want yo recommend you something I have not tried myself.. 

As for maintenance and lube etc, everyone is different on this, but I will tell you what I do with that gun and a few of my others.. 

Unfortunately I had all these types on videos on my YouTube channel but I now have to upload everything again to dailymotion which is going yo take time, a month or two I'm sure.. But I'm sure I can talk you through it for now.. 

Clean the gun after every skirmish, that way the gun is clean and ready for next time, cleaning will not do harm, if your not skirmishing and using the gun in none dusty environments, do it every 500 rounds or so, there's no correct number of rounds, just do it when you think the gun needs it, a good sign it does is a dirty inner barrel or sticking nozzle or slow down in cycle speed.. 

Field strip the gun, clean the inner barrel, with a push through rod, and cleaning patch, either remove your inner barrel from your hop up unit, or turn your hop right down making sure the cleaning match does not contact the hop nub, or at least its not pressing hard on it which can damage it, as you know how to take your gun apart I recommend you fully remove the inner barrel from the hopup chamber/unit, and clean it that way, just get a airsoft push through cleaning rod, attach a cleaning patch, there are a few brands, I use Bisley, but you can even cut up a cotton t-shirt into cleaning patch if you want, although proper cleaning patches do a very slightly better job. Twist and push the cleaning rod and patch through the barrel your see when it's clean :)

Clean the loading nozzle from dust, and then put one drop of pure silicone oil, or synthetic oil such as light murder oil, or even pellgun oil on to the blowback unit loading nozzles piston head, one tiny drop will do, if your using green gas that's going yo be lunging your gun anyway. (some brands contain more oil/lube then others) 

Then clean the slide rails and frame rail, remove old grease oil and dirt, For guns with metal frame rails and metal slides I personally use Abbey LT2 moly based gun grease, or tetra gun grease, but mainly Abbey LT2 gun grease,  get a very small amount or your finger or stick etc and rub a tiny amount onto the frame rails, do not over grease it as too much grease is as bad as no grease, you just want to put on a very thin layer, just so it look shiny. 

Do the same with the slide rail also.. 

If you want yo clean your internals also there's no harm in doing it, just do not over grease or oil them, in fact I would not even bother with grease or oil on the internals of that gun if your using green gas.. 

This is just what I would do mate. I will do a full maintenance video on this gun as well as all others I own if I've not done the video already in my collection, but like I say I'm on huge catch up, basically two years of work catch up, so it will be months before I can start doing new videos, but I'll push this video to the top of the list, So I Hope it helps in the meantime. 

ATB Marc :)

Archived