Automatic: Yes, Single Shot: No

Ironpriest
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys,

I got myself a G&G L85A2 the other day and I have run into a problem. It works fine on Automatic, no misfiring, no weird sound and the cycling and blow back seem all right. But when i switch to single shot it doesn't want to fire.

The blow back gets pulled forward and back, and I am sure that i can hear the gears/motor running fine, but when it gets to the millisecond when you normally hear the round fly off nothing happens. It's as if the only thing that isn't happening is the air being released.

After the first misfire in semi, it won't cycle again until I've switched back and forth between firing modes. (and at least fired one shot)

Once in a while if I fire a burst on auto and switch back to single, it will fire once or twice. I read in the manual something about "Gear timing"... I don't really know what that is... but it doesn't sound complicated or something i need to send my gun in for repairs.

Is it something to go with the gears, or what could it be?

If you need more answers for diagnostics, just ask.

Thanks!

BP

Hey there,

Personally I use ICS for SA80's there are probably some of the best out there.

The but the ICS do have a over hop problem much like what you have explained above. My L86 it fine now, I had a split hop rubber right out of the box... So I stuck a Madbull blue hop rubber in there and it's now got an extra 15yards, and no over hop on fully or semi. Again this is my personal opinion, but I pretty much never use semi as it run out the battery faster then auto fired in bursts.

I got a SUSAT too, but I don't use it so selling it on (little hint there;)).

But yes I would get a new hop rubber and also another thing is that the hop arm spring could of come off too, which also happened to my. One of the best things you could do it give it to some one with experience of stripping AEG's let him take it apart and replace the rubber and also get a 590mm tight bore (if thats the length of the G&G). Then you should be good to go!

Also I forgot to add, what battery are you using? If your using a too high powered battery that could mess up your fire rate. and give you a hop-up problem ;)

I am using an 8,4 1200 mah which was recommended for it. Could that be to weak for it, since you are saying that single uses more power?

Am I getting you right, if I say that you reckon it might be a hop up issue? What makes you think that? I would have thought it was a gear/motor problem cause the hop up works fine on auto.

Sorry if I have misunderstood you, I am slighty new to all the technical stuff :)

And I already have a susat if your hint was focused towards a sell ;)

Many thanks!

BP

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the slow reply, well as you said on your first post, "gear timing issue" it cant really be that as the war boxes are very small and have a small ratio. But you could have a damage gear or a lose bearing in there giving it issues. The only way you are going to find the issue is but taking the gun to bits which is a bit OTT but for some issue is needed.

Plus it's alway a good idea to replace the hop rubber right out the box anyways they are normally cheap ones you get when you first buy the gun, it's the most comman and easy upgrade to do on any gun.

Let me know how you get on =)

Archived