camouflage clothing. what do you use?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I wear mainly M81 these days, but I think there is a place in the UK for Multicam or similar patterns.

At Battle Lakes, MARPAT is very effective, at Combat South I think Flecktarn works damn well and at Holmbush most patterns have a place.

It all depends on seasonal foliage and colours. But as said, movement, or lack of will serve you better than Gucci Gear.

I had some great camo gear, but it fell off the washing line in the garden and now we cant find it ;) 

In all honestly, I wear a mix of black and olive as I feel camo is not often effective in the average skirmish.

Yeh I agree with the above and others who posted here. 

I spent a year trying various different camo's and found that none of them really made a difference. I even tried to blend camo's to try and break up my shape etc..<_<....yeh I just found I was overthinking, the ranges that you fight at in a skirmish situation makes most camo pointless So after a year of watching you tube & avidly reading about camouflage designs I ended up spending on kit that now lives in a bin bag in the loft. 

I now wear OD Ubacs, OD Chest rig, DPM trousers, Black helmet and Face pro. I stripped back to cheap & easily replaceable kit I now find its price and comfort is more important. 

7 hours ago, Fumps said:

I stripped back to cheap & easily replaceable kit I now find its price and comfort is more important. 

Totally this. I dont care for gucci kit and find cheap rigs/pouches and kit just as effective for a once a month skirmish, would be different if I played every week or it was my day job 

I've still to find a style I'm happy with.

Multiglam worn once

Midnight urban

But will be rocking the Kryptek Typhon Hat & UBAC's will everything else black next game. I'd say look out for me, but it's supposed to be camo right? :D

• Moderators
Just now, Rogerborg said:

I promised the missus that I wouldn't get camo gear.

But Desert DPM is just. So. Beige. :wub:

I don't think I can hold out much longer.

to stop the other half moaning....i buy stuff i can occasionally wear out, so my game trousers i also wear to Tesco!!! haha

....cant moan then as they get more use than a few times a year!

Jacket front though i had a slip up as the colour wasn't quite coyote but more a mustard....so game days only...nice and warm though!

just got for it! haha

• Supporters
On 31/10/2017 at 08:49, Rogerborg said:

I promised the missus that I wouldn't get camo gear.

But Desert DPM is just. So. Beige. :wub:

I don't think I can hold out much longer.

I love my desert DPM. 

Honestly depends on the site. In winter, flecktarn is decent, and in summer, Mandrake Kryptek is good.

On open areas in summer ATACS Foliage is pretty decent.

MTP/ multicam is quite light and sticks out like a sore thumb, yet 9/10 players seem to wear it.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, AshOnSnow said:

MTP/ multicam is quite light and sticks out like a sore thumb, yet 9/10 players seem to wear it.

I work near a military facility and it's only just occurred to me that all the people wearing "khaki" are actually sporting MTP.

1 hour ago, AshOnSnow said:

Because those people keep it shiny. A slightly dirty/wet multicam bdu is a cloaking device in summer/autumn woodlands..

How many airspfters are prpeared to roll in the mud? I think in fall/winter it could work well with all the dead leaves n stuff but in full summer swing it is abit too bright. 

I found a really cool cano the other day called red flora. Would work really well in uk environment but its quite rare stuff

And usually abit pricey 

Some of the african camos are pretty good too 

Alot of the russian camos were developed really well and work amazing 

43 minutes ago, commanderpegasus420 said:

How many airspfters are prpeared to roll in the mud? I think in fall/winter it could work well with all the dead leaves n stuff but in full summer swing it is abit too bright. 

I found a really cool cano the other day called red flora. Would work really well in uk environment but its quite rare stuff

And usually abit pricey 

Some of the african camos are pretty good too 

Alot of the russian camos were developed really well and work amazing 

Good luck finding Russian patterns at both decent quality and fair prices.

Flora/digital flora is awesome, but I can't find them anywhere 

You can buy a full soviet bdu on ebay for 40 quid. Sometimes you find cheaper stuff through bidding. 

Most army gear is expensive anyways 40 quid for shirt trousers of a era now long gone is pretty cheap. 

Something worth mentioning is alot of the older gear is actually more durable and better made as it was designed so they wouldnt have to keep replacing soldiers equipment compared to today where it can be churned off an induatrial line by the metre for pennies

Looking up the actual pattern name may also reveal more results ie. Berezka beryozka klmk flora ddr strichtarn splinter tiger stripe ameoba dpm etc etc.

Something else worth mentioning is used military webbings and chest rigs are far more iseful and rugged than the 10 quid airspft vests you can get off ebay. Will last you longer too.

• Supporters

On "red" camo, something I'd love to try is camo with pink in the mix.  It's apparently pretty effective at breaking up outlines, but finding it is problematical presumably because manly men won't wear it, grrrr.

Archived