Upgrade advice needed for g&g cm16

NuclearWaffle
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

i have a g&G cm16 predator and im going to take it to a tech shop near me to get it upgraded. The updates im thinking of atm are:

6.03 tightbore barrel,
metal toothed piston,
piston head (maybe),
and ill get my gears shimmed whilst it's in there.
Is there anything on this list that'd be pointless or should i get one or two things more such as better bucking?
Thanks in advance for any replies.

I also understand g&gs green bucking is relatively good so it may be worth just getting it flat hopped.

My aim is going for range and more accuracy. I use .25s and with them i get about 290fps so I could maybe jump up to .28s.

• Head Moderator

A quick search on CM16 finds

• Supporters

I don't think (please correct me if I'm wrong) that any of those upgrades are going to help you get what you want. All they are going to do is cost you money.

I believe the Cm16 Predator has a 6.03 as stock like the GC16.  

Stick to the saying, if it's not broken don't fix it. 

I agree with possibly shimming and Flat hopping it, that should help. Do some hop work with some heavier BBs and you should get what your after.

3 hours ago, Prisce said:

I don't think (please correct me if I'm wrong) that any of those upgrades are going to help you get what you want. All they are going to do is cost you money.

I believe the Cm16 Predator has a 6.03 as stock like the GC16.  

Stick to the saying, if it's not broken don't fix it. 

I agree with possibly shimming and Flat hopping it, that should help. Do some hop work with some heavier BBs and you should get what your after.

I'm not too sure about the 6.03 stock barrel, I cant seem to find a definitive answer online. If it is the case then i wont change it.

I think im still gonna get a metal toothed piston just because of the wear and tear it goes through using the 11.1vLipo.

You dont happen to have other suggestions that could help? Thanks.

My understanding is flat hopping is a quickish easy way to increase range and shimming is just generally good for the gun.

Thanks for replying.

They is no point changing anything unless it breaks, and none of the 'upgrades' you mention will actual improve range or accuracy. But I would suggest that if you're using 11.1v lipo then you go to Deans connectors, if you're not using them already. Combine this with 16awg wiring and a basic Mosfet (is your CM the basic model, or the one fitted with the G&G electronic fire control?).

Internally get the angle of engagement adjusted, the shimming correctly done, proper lubrication and ensure all the air seal components are actually sealing. Polish the standard barrel, and if you would like to effectively use 0.28g BBs (and you should) perhaps look at a flat hop and matching nub.

It's not about the parts, as much as how they're put together.

44 minutes ago, Hangtight said:

They is no point changing anything unless it breaks, and none of the 'upgrades' you mention will actual improve range or accuracy. But I would suggest that if you're using 11.1v lipo then you go to Deans connectors, if you're not using them already. Combine this with 16awg wiring and a basic Mosfet (is your CM the basic model, or the one fitted with the G&G electronic fire control?).

Internally get the angle of engagement adjusted, the shimming correctly done, proper lubrication and ensure all the air seal components are actually sealing. Polish the standard barrel, and if you would like to effectively use 0.28g BBs (and you should) perhaps look at a flat hop and matching nub.

It's not about the parts, as much as how they're put together.

Thank you for the advice! This is my first rifle and I'm still learning about the ins and outs of everything. It is the one with the inbuilt mosfet and I do use deans. I'll definitely do what you have suggested before i do anything else. 

Archived