Suppressors with bowls, anybody use them?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Looks shiny and designed primarily to relieve people of their money. At the sort of muzzle energies an airsoft gun produces you don't need anything other than a couple of hair rollers wrapped in foam and stuffed in a tube. Manage the air volume and delivery carefully and you don't even need that. My Mancraft SDIK equipped sniper is virtually silent without any suppressor at all.

Is there a link? I'm intrigued as to the non existent problem this is an expensive solution to. ;)

Suppressors absorb and slow down the exhaust gasses behind a bullet.

The noise of an electric AEG is a motor whirring so a suppressor will do nothing, with a gas blow back it’s how much noise is generated from the gas behind the ball exiting the barrel

Ive never suppressed an Airsoft gun, but with a paintball gun the best results are a heavily ported barrel with a glass fibre sleeve which tones down the compressed air down the barrel and absorbed barrel vibration

• Supporters

I'm guessing this is for your GBB Vector? In which case, yes it might work. For that money there's no harm in getting one and giving it a go!

• Supporters
1 minute ago, rocketdogbert said:

No, not for the Vector, just interested in the idea tbh.

I might fit one to my SCAR, but I might not lol

May make a difference to the sound on your GBB, won't make any difference at all on your SCAR. If you're after aesthetics for the SCAR see if you can get an AAC type. 

Archived