cyma 125 battery charger - Help needed

commanderpegasus420
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just get a European to UK adaptor. Much cheaper than £10

If you can leave it in the socket then just push in the safety catch in the middle hole and push in the charger.  The middle hole is ground so no electric shocks (If wired correctly ;))

• Supporters

That'll be a dumb trickle charger, right?  Be careful that you don't over-charge the battery.  It'll be 500 mAh, so if the charger is rated at (e.g.) 500mA, it'll charge it from flat to full in 1 hour.  If it's 1000 mA / 1A, it'll do it in 30 minutes, and so on.  Don't leave it plugged in for hours, or overnight.

You're planning to get an AEG, right?  If you use a Nimh battery in that and get an auto-cut-off Nihm charger for it (and you definitely should), you can modify your pistol battery to use the same charger.

Buy a spare connector that matches whatever the AEG battery uses (mini-Tamiya, Deans), cut the pistol charger cable near the wall-plug end, then wire your connector onto the cable.  Use a multimeter to find out which wire is +ve and which is -ve although (don't quote me) I believe the wire with a grey stripe is the +ve.

It sounds more complicated than it is, it's just clip, strip, test, crimp, and then throw that trickle charger in the bin where it belongs.

My bad, I missed that you were going sniper.  Well, maybe not worth buying a cut-off charger and modifying the AEP holder, but do be careful about over-charging it.

Cheap cheap gun torches are problematical.  I've already sent a couple back to Amazon for not actually being usable.  Avoid the "5 mode" ones like the plague - they all seem to cycle through the modes every time they're switched off and on, so you can't just leave them set to high or strobe where you'd want them.

Amazon at least has reviews and gives the opportunity to ask questions, but every answer that I got for multi-mode torches was "cycles through the modes". :(  They pretty much all make ludicrous claims about their light output as well, and chop and change functionality without changing the listing.

The cheapest way to do it is to buy a 25mm RIS rail mount for a few £££ and a simple on-off 25mm diameter LED torch for about the same, rather than buying a specific "gun torch".  You can get gun torches that come with pressure switches pads, or buy a separate pressure switch cap for specific brands (of which your cheap one may be a compatible knock off), but they're commonly flagged as fragile.  Mine gave up after one game and I had to go in with a drill and soldering iron to rescue it, so if you want to avoid surprises and hassle at a low budget, keep it simple.  One mode, push button to switch on and off, assume that anything under a tenner will produce more like 50 lumens than the multiple hundreds that they all claim.

Best of luck - if you do find a good 'un, please sing out.

45 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

That'll be a dumb trickle charger, right?  Be careful that you don't over-charge the battery.  It'll be 500 mAh, so if the charger is rated at (e.g.) 500mA, it'll charge it from flat to full in 1 hour.  If it's 1000 mA / 1A, it'll do it in 30 minutes, and so on.  Don't leave it plugged in for hours, or overnight.

You're planning to get an AEG, right?  If you use a Nimh battery in that and get an auto-cut-off Nihm charger for it (and you definitely should), you can modify your pistol battery to use the same charger.

Buy a spare connector that matches whatever the AEG battery uses (mini-Tamiya, Deans), cut the pistol charger cable near the wall-plug end, then wire your connector onto the cable.  Use a multimeter to find out which wire is +ve and which is -ve although (don't quote me) I believe the wire with a grey stripe is the +ve.

It sounds more complicated than it is, it's just clip, strip, test, crimp, and then throw that trickle charger in the bin where it belongs.

My bad, I missed that you were going sniper.  Well, maybe not worth buying a cut-off charger and modifying the AEP holder, but do be careful about over-charging it.

Cheap cheap gun torches are problematical.  I've already sent a couple back to Amazon for not actually being usable.  Avoid the "5 mode" ones like the plague - they all seem to cycle through the modes every time they're switched off and on, so you can't just leave them set to high or strobe where you'd want them.

Amazon at least has reviews and gives the opportunity to ask questions, but every answer that I got for multi-mode torches was "cycles through the modes". :(  They pretty much all make ludicrous claims about their light output as well, and chop and change functionality without changing the listing.

The cheapest way to do it is to buy a 25mm RIS rail mount for a few £££ and a simple on-off 25mm diameter LED torch for about the same, rather than buying a specific "gun torch".  You can get gun torches that come with pressure switches torches, or buy separate pressure switch caps for specific brands (of which your cheap one may be a compatible knock off), but they're commonly flagged as fragile.  Mine gave up after one game and I had to go in with a drill and soldering iron to rescue it, so if you want to avoid surprises and hassle at a low budget, keep it simple.  One mode, push button to switch on and off, assume that anything under a tenner will produce more like 50 lumens than the multiple hundreds that they all claim.

Best of luck - if you do find a good 'un, please sing out.

I may go for aeg yet as the barrett i was looking at is too powerful and im not keen on the well mb03. Too much plastic and im heavy handed.

And i dont have gucci money lol.

The battery is as follows...ni-mh 6*2/3n 500 mah 7.2w

Only an hour gotcha. 

My battery is a slide in connecter and not a clip in. So i dont think i can modify it battery wise?

• Supporters

Maybe an hour, you'll have to see what the output from the trickle charger is and do the sums based on guessing how discharged the battery is to begin with. Which is why an auto cut-off charger would be safer.

You can modify your battery charging setup, I've done mine.  The battery slots into the little holder, then the charger plugs into that.  What you can do is to cut the cable in half, then wire a mini-Tamiya or Deans connector onto the cable that's connected to the battery holder end.  You can then plug a decent charger into that connector.

It sounds a bit scary to be cutting cables, but it's really not that hard.  I'll try and get a picture of mine up later if I can sneak my toys out of the loft without the missus catching me. ;)

You can find higher MaH batteries but they all die quickly,best option is a Lipo conversion,easy to do and better Rof/battery life..

Archived