Prescription glasses and airsoft

Fat-jd
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

well, i think my phantoms are getting a bit worse for wear, is there anything out there reccommended for a replacement?

i'm not against spending a decent wedge on eyepro, so if there's anything out there that's a single lens prescription (rather than inserts) i'm up for putting some coin towards it. sadly contacts aren't an option for me.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

well, i think my phantoms are getting a bit worse for wear, is there anything out there reccommended for a replacement?

i'm not against spending a decent wedge on eyepro, so if there's anything out there that's a single lens prescription (rather than inserts) i'm up for putting some coin towards it. sadly contacts aren't an option for me.

Just bear in mind that if you buy prescription eye protection that is single lens and not insert then any damages or scratches will require an expensive replacement of a prescription lens.

whereas on a pair that utilise inserts (such as Bolle’s) they would only require a cheap new no prescription lens replacement.

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Sako said:

Just bear in mind that if you buy prescription eye protection that is single lens and not insert then any damages or scratches will require an expensive replacement of a prescription lens.

whereas on a pair that utilise inserts (such as Bolle’s) they would only require a cheap new no prescription lens replacement.

it is a fair point, but i'm thinking single lens will be lower profile and less likely to fog. i'm open to ideas for something low profile and extremely durable.

the phantoms have been ok, although i did have to glue the insert in place as it had a habit of slipping out of alignment and you'd have one lense basically right on your eye. the polycarb lens is fine in terms of scratches, just the frames have taken a beating.

39 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

it is a fair point, but i'm thinking single lens will be lower profile and less likely to fog. i'm open to ideas for something low profile and extremely durable.

the phantoms have been ok, although i did have to glue the insert in place as it had a habit of slipping out of alignment and you'd have one lense basically right on your eye. the polycarb lens is fine in terms of scratches, just the frames have taken a beating.

The Bolle Raider with prescription inserts are no bulkier than most other full seal safety glasses/goggles. They also come with three lenses which can be changed out as required (smoke, clear and amber).

as they are essentially designed for military use it’s safe to assume they have been designed with both safety and ergonomics considered.

I little late to the party and perhaps not wanted but if it hasn't been mentioned yet:

The Revision Desert Locusts are an exceptional frame, full seal goggles with the ability to hold glasses lens insert.

The lenses are ballistic proof and have a good coating of anti fog (providing you wipe with a micro fibre cloth and not wash, this lasts a while)

However 1 thing to note is that eventually or initially they may begin to fog if the user gets hot on a cold day or vice versa, I use the Thermal Lens form Revision, and have never fogged for roughly a year now, no fancy fans or sprays.

• Supporters
17 minutes ago, Sako said:

The Bolle Raider with prescription inserts are no bulkier than most other full seal safety glasses/goggles. They also come with three lenses which can be changed out as required (smoke, clear and amber).

as they are essentially designed for military use it’s safe to assume they have been designed with both safety and ergonomics considered.

yeah, the raiders do seem to be the updated version of the phantoms.

guess i'll give them a go then, figured it was worth checking for alternatives first.

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, Corky2110 said:

I little late to the party and perhaps not wanted but if it hasn't been mentioned yet:

The Revision Desert Locusts are an exceptional frame, full seal goggles with the ability to hold glasses lens insert.

The lenses are ballistic proof and have a good coating of anti fog (providing you wipe with a micro fibre cloth and not wash, this lasts a while)

However 1 thing to note is that eventually or initially they may begin to fog if the user gets hot on a cold day or vice versa, I use the Thermal Lens form Revision, and have never fogged for roughly a year now, no fancy fans or sprays.

i have the same lens in my RDLs....on a fan version though,  and i'll get drizzle sometimes

as mentioned many times, what works for one may not work for a few others sadly, and annoyingly!! :)

Ive gone past wiping with cloth and wipe now with fogtech wipes and they seem to be the best solution for me at the moment :)....but still using up the abbey stuff which is ok....

1 hour ago, djben9 said:

i have the same lens in my RDLs....on a fan version though,  and i'll get drizzle sometimes

as mentioned many times, what works for one may not work for a few others sadly, and annoyingly!! :)

Ive gone past wiping with cloth and wipe now with fogtech wipes and they seem to be the best solution for me at the moment :)....but still using up the abbey stuff which is ok....

Thats fair, in summer I get a bit of sweat drips or moisture build up which only a fan or wipe can stop.

1 hour ago, Corky2110 said:

Thats fair, in summer I get a bit of sweat drips or moisture build up which only a fan or wipe can stop.

I really rate the McNett Op Drops for anti fogging, at under a tenner it’s worth a punt.

On 10/16/2017 at 8:42 PM, P13 said:

I brought some big foot TAC goggles from A2 supplies, I can wear my glasses with them no problems. Played the mall all day with no fogging issues. Definitely worth a try, I’ve been really impressed with them and they only cost £10.

be worth noting I did coat lenses of both glasses and googles with nuprol clear before hand 

Holy CR@P they are BIG goggles lol but for the price you can't go wrong.

Archived