Favourite/Best site in the Uk?

Prisce
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Me and a couple of buddies want to do a weekend away, drinks etc on Saturday, airsoft Sunday, so I'm asking you guys, which site you'd recommend. We don't mind travelling, we don't mind CQB or Woodland, however I'd prefer it not to be dark CQB, I like fast paced. 

Where would you all suggest?

• Supporters

Planning the same thing myself soon and Bravo One in Birmingham looks like a good bet. 

The site is getting good reviews and it's indoors so the weather doesn't matter. If you stay in the city centre there is loads of good places to eat and drink in walking distance of the hotel.

6 hours ago, Prisce said:

Me and a couple of buddies want to do a weekend away, drinks etc on Saturday, airsoft Sunday, so I'm asking you guys, which site you'd recommend. We don't mind travelling, we don't mind CQB or Woodland, however I'd prefer it not to be dark CQB, I like fast paced. 

Where would you all suggest?

Coms Site 3 near Banbury is woodland, but full of trenches, empty buildings, bunkers, barricades etc. It's the best all-rounder in my opinion. If my memory serves me correctly, it was part of RAF Chipping Warden which was home to the No. 1 Group Bombing Command training site for basic SERE-type stuff for aviators in WW2.

Fantastic marshal team too.

2 hours ago, AshOnSnow said:

Coms Site 3 near Banbury is woodland, but full of trenches, empty buildings, bunkers, barricades etc. It's the best all-rounder in my opinion. If my memory serves me correctly, it was part of RAF Chipping Warden which was home to the No. 1 Group Bombing Command training site for basic SERE-type stuff for aviators in WW2.

Fantastic marshal team too.

I 2nd this. An excellent site and very well run

Combat South Woodland and Battle Lakes are the two best I have been to.

• Supporters

Can I just say as a weekender people need to consider the location for the whole thing. When you do something like that the location for the day before is just as important as the airsoft site. If you are eating and drinking you want to be somewhere that is good to go out and preferably not much of a travel next morning as the next day can be hard enough as is.

@Prisce I know you tried the mall on a Saturday but if you haven't done the Sunday then it's worth a shout also. You can leave your car in their carpark overnight as the Novatel is literally 2 minutes round the corner. Lots of places to eat and drink and the gamesite all within a few hundred yards of your hotel.

Novatel do a good discount for people attending the mall as well, £60 for a single occupancy with breakfast.

• Supporters

I appreciate everyone's input here and I have sent every suggestion to our group chat to see what the masses want to do. 

I agree 100% @ImTriggerHappy, which is why I asked you guys here, I doubted I would be the only one thinking about this!

The group like the sound of Bravo One, as we have friends in Birmingham also. Just got to downgrade a couple of our AEGs as they are a tad over the sites limits.

Still looking for a couple of other suggestions if anyone has any.

• Supporters

My 2 main haunts the past few years have been the Mall and AA's the billet.  Though the billet is a really small site and you pretty much play every game the same way (in my experience) so I can only stomach it maybe twice a year absolute max, whereas the mall I keep going back because there's just so many rooms and corridors and all the facilities and everything surrounding it are hard to beat.  X-Site's outpost is decent and I've been to Strikeforce a couple of times but that's even smaller than the billet.

2 hours ago, sniperslucky said:

Dogtag Crawley s up there.

The site is superb, but the narrow boundaries on a lot of the fields make gameplay a bit boring tbh. There is little opportunity to flank, and it is a bit of a hi-cap haven.

• Supporters

Alpha 55 is my local site and I've always had a great time when I go. They do social events every year in the summer and winter which are worth going to if you get the chance. The staff are all really friendly and the environment is always warm and welcoming. 

On 14/10/2017 at 9:03 PM, CKinnerley said:

My 2 main haunts the past few years have been the Mall and AA's the billet.  Though the billet is a really small site and you pretty much play every game the same way (in my experience) so I can only stomach it maybe twice a year absolute max, whereas the mall I keep going back because there's just so many rooms and corridors and all the facilities and everything surrounding it are hard to beat.  X-Site's outpost is decent and I've been to Strikeforce a couple of times but that's even smaller than the billet.

im surprised its still running! i was living in scarb when it opened and it was only going to be open a year before redevelopment....i guess the development plan got **** canned

Apocalypse Airsoft in Kent for me is the site that gets my stamp of approval. We're lucky to have some really good sites in Kent. 

I appreciate amongst the community Apocalypse can be a bit marmite for people & generates a bit of swirl for various different reasons, but from my perspective as a player:-

Big, big site which has a lot of development / evolution put in by the owners 

Great mixture of dense woodland for stalking & sniping / lots of clearings structures for intense CQB action

Regular Milsims across the year - attended 3 this year, loved every one of them

Site owners who take pride in wanting to deliver a great site & experience - developed a really good relationship with Martin, Jon & Brendon

Really thorough safety briefing / Good marshalling 

Plenty of facilities - Food / shop / Bogs / Setting up areas for 100+ all with shelter

Good bunch of regulars who are accommodating & welcoming of others

Appreciate it's not everyones bag but ticks all of my boxes

ive only been to Ace Combat in kent so far (3rd time for ukara on guy fawkes) I avoided Apocalypse due to the extra cost but it does look interesting once ive got an airsoft gun. Its a shame i came to airsoft just recently as i live near bluewater and everyone says sandpit was cool :( Are there any other highly recommended sites nearby?

Archived