noob saying hi and stuff

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Joined this site earlier in the year with the ideal of starting airsoft. I forgot about it but recently took the plunge and got a cyma cm125 in blue. 

I will be looking to play in the cambridgeshire/norfolk area once i have bought a bigger gun (lancer tactical m82) and a few more bits of kit before i can start doing this thing on the regular.

Any info to help towards- 

.Upgrades for the lancer tactical m82/galaxy g31 or cyma cm.125 (no negatives plz)

.Decent low profile goggles or visor?

.Neoprene masks any good?

Also

If there is any teams in the area looking for a new recruit i might be interested.

Im 28 so would prefer a team that is mostly adults plz and thanking you

• Head Moderator

Welcome :)

A quick search of "M82" found this old topic which may help:

Another result for M82 is:

May be best to make new topic in the 'Advice & Technical Help' section regarding upgrades.

• Supporters

Unless you're absolutely sure that you want to do sniping, I'd suggest that you start with an automatic AEG.  In particular I'd note that M82 is a massive gun and will be unwieldy, while not being any more accurate than something smaller.

The CYMA can be upgraded with Tokyo Marui AEP parts:

https://eagle6.co.uk/shop/parts-upgrade-s/internal-parts-upgrade-s/int-aep-tokyo-marui-electric-pistol-aep-series.html

If you just throw in the full power spring you may find the motor struggles to compress it - mine locked up even with a couple of links lopped off, and I had to take a few more out.  It didn't help that the stock nylon bushes have a lot of play in them, so I'd suggest considering replacing those.

• Supporters

Don't invest in sniping as a beginner.

Don't ever buy that freaking big gun when trying to actually snipe. It just doesn't work.

Don't try to upgrade an AEP, except switching to lipo.

Do play a few games with an AEG then borrow a sniper rifle to see if it suits you. You think you are the exception to the rule and you will have a great time sniping with an m82 but you are wrong. It's not about the person, it's about how airsoft is.

• Supporters

Eagle6 can provide metal bushes, just follow that link.  However I haven't replaced mine because I (belatedly) agree with Samurai that you could replace just about every part of an AEP and still not end up with something that shoots as well as a cheap gas pistol.

Mine's currently making about 0.45J / (220fps with 0.2g) with a very cut-down Eagle6 spring and no other mods, which is just about OK for the semi-auto fire at very close ranges where I use it in CQB.  If you're using it outdoors to fill the 20m - 30m minimum engagement range on your sniper you'll want a fair bit more than that.

Given you could pick up a gas pistol for less than the price of a spring, spring guide, bushes, motor and Lipo conversion, it doesn't really make much sense to try and upgrade an AEP unless money's no object and you intend to go all the way with it.

If you go out and get no kills while dragging 4 1/2 feet of gun through the bushes, please don't get discouraged: see if you can beg or borrow an AEG for a while.  Given that you can get a basic but usable AEG for under £100 (including delivery and day-glo paint) you don't have to sink a lot of money to go full auto.

I cant do too much running around due to bad hernia repair. 

Hanging back and supporting a push is perfect for me. 

I do plan to get an aeg but i only want one and thats the ics l85 but even then id still only use that as a backup to the sniper.

I know airsoft sniping isnt perfect but its alot easier for me than running through buildings doing cqb. I have some knowledge on the subject already what i dont i will learn through doing it.

Good taste but you want the ICS L85 as a backup to sniper weapon or alternative to sniping?

You know it weighs 3.7kg...

Airsoft World have it listed as 5.5kg :blink:

Duno how they came up with that number <_<

• Supporters

Might explain the hernia. ;)

I'm still at the sharp end of learning, but one of my key concerns is load carrying, even in short CQB games.  Even with a fairly light polymer AEG, I've been chopping and changing the strapping to try and minimise fatigue and allow for dropping the carbine to switch to a pistol or grenades.  The thought of hauling around the best part of 15 lbs in two long guns seems a bit milsim. :unsure:

However, wouldn't it be dull if we all ran the same rig?  I'm fascinated to hear how that works out.

• Moderators

Welcome 

cant help you with most of that except googles, low profile look at revision desert locusts, not cheap though

so what sites are you looking to play at as I'm in Cambridge, 

regular at Urban Assault, Combat Airsoft and Gunman / Team Greem at Tuddenham 

• Supporters

But in video games you can bring the barrett and the l85 and 5 mags for each and pistol and knife and a few of 3 different types of grenades and two claymores and a first aid kit a radio and of course a full plate carrier with helmet. No problem, at least you don't need to carry water. :) And bunnyhop all across the map. 

• Moderators
11 hours ago, commanderpegasus420 said:

Djben ill be playing at urbanassault when im ready.

l

Cool, might see you there

FPS for snipers at Urban is 400 so not always better than most AEGs

ive only used my DMR once there so far as didn't have a sidearm

On Sunday, October 15, 2017 at 8:21 AM, djben9 said:

Cool, might see you there

FPS for snipers at Urban is 400 so not always better than most AEGs

ive only used my DMR once there so far as didn't have a sidearm

The lancer tactical is chrono at 420 to 430 on youtube videos.

Will they allow me to use it? Or should i look for a lower fps sniper?

The well mbo3 chronos under 400 in youtube videos and its all plastic. So if i can get away with the lancer tactical ill buy that. Any chance you could ask for me? 

Ill be turning up in roughly a month after ive bought a long. Spare mags and accessories for both guns. and some kit like goggles and boots bdu etc etc.

Cyma 125 turned up yesterday though looks good well excited now lol

20171017_120059.jpg

• Moderators

nope, there AEGs limit is 345 and DMR/Sniper 400

my brother gets annoyed as the G33 he has is 348 / 352 on their Chrono but lower on others and firesupport shop!....its whats used on the day by the site that counts

24 minutes ago, djben9 said:

nope, there AEGs limit is 345 and DMR/Sniper 400

my brother gets annoyed as the G33 he has is 348 / 352 on their Chrono but lower on others and firesupport shop!....its whats used on the day by the site that counts

Guess im getting an mb03 then lol. 

Any other regulations i should be aware of at theyre site?

Cheers for the help it is apreciated as it gives me a better idea of what to take and what not to take.

Heres a few things im ooming and arring about...

.Face and ear protection

.The general gameplay and skirmishes done there

Any other limits (aep gas guns bb weights rubber knives)

Any help is apreciated thx 

Pegasus

• Supporters

Huh, Urban Assault isn't very sniper friendly.  400fps and only 2 magazines.  There aren't going to be many situations where you'll significantly outrange a 330fps AEG.

I'd again urge you to look at a cheap AEG instead of a sniper, but if you are determined, I'd agree with going MB03 or the short barrel MB02 on a budget.  They'll both be about the same fps and accuracy, which comes from the hop, not the barrel length.  Make some barrel spacers out of tape, maybe flat hop, and then learn the site and where you might be able to get the drop on AEG users.

17 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Huh, Urban Assault isn't very sniper friendly.  400fps and only 2 magazines.  There aren't going to be many situations where you'll significantly outrange a 330fps AEG.

I'd again urge you to look at a cheap AEG instead of a sniper, but if you are determined, I'd agree with going MB03 or the short barrel MB02 on a budget.  They'll both be about the same fps and accuracy, which comes from the hop, not the barrel length.  Make some barrel spacers out of tape, maybe flat hop, and then learn the site and where you might be able to get the drop on AEG users.

I have had a little recce on youtube. Someone was nice enough to do a drone video lol. 

I have found the sniper i was looking at is too powerful for my local site and im not too keen on the well mb03 bit too much plastic. Eek.

I have asked about on here about cheap aegs for sale and had a scan on the net at  several uk airsoft shops but everything around the 100 pound range is pretty much junk. 

I would like an sa80 but all the leccy ones are like 300 quid and up. 

Any reccomandations aeg wise i guess i should at least consider it if there is a decent one. I guess i could dmr it seeing as its a cqb type area but overgrown a fair bit enough to hide myself or at least have ample chance as a sniper outside as  the rules there state no snipers in buildings

• Moderators

yeah im not sure why, may be down to it being more urban....

my DMR has quick change upper so i just put a lower sprung gearbox in to play there if im not up for running!!! lol....its around 390ish

generally its AEG and pistol :lol:

3 minutes ago, djben9 said:

yeah im not sure why, may be down to it being more urban....

my DMR has quick change upper so i just put a lower sprung gearbox in to play there if im not up for running!!! lol....its around 390ish

generally its AEG and pistol :lol:

I am considering the dmr aeg route as i dont fancy the well mb03.

Only got a 100 to spend though so finding something good in that range is few and far i guess.

That barrett looks top notch though 

• Supporters
47 minutes ago, commanderpegasus420 said:

everything around the 100 pound range is pretty much junk. 

Have you tried one?  I've been very pleasantly surprised by the accuracy and consistency of my completely stock CYMA.  I mean, it's not magical, but it's perfectly usable out of the box after a barrel clean.  In terms of what patrolbase have in stock right now for 2 toning, I'd probably go for the CM.501 M4 CQB with the full length rails, or the CM.515 M4A1 Carbine if you want a longer barrel (not that it'll make it more accurate), both available for £100 delivered in two-tone.

The heart wants what the heart wants though, and the M4 is the Ford Focus of guns.  And the CYMAs are the 1.4, not the RS. ;)

I do get the attraction to sniping, it's what I'd want to do if I was playing woodland.  But I take the point from those who've tried it that sniping with a stock sniper is likely to be a hugely a frustrating experience.  One round every few seconds, with barely more range than an AEG, and accuracy likely to be all over the place.  It's not going to be like watching a Novritsch kill-streak.

27 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Have you tried one?  I've been very pleasantly surprised by the accuracy and consistency of my completely stock CYMA.  I mean, it's not magical, but it's perfectly usable out of the box after a barrel clean.  In terms of what patrolbase have in stock right now for 2 toning, I'd probably go for the CM.501 M4 CQB with the full length rails, or the CM.515 M4A1 Carbine if you want a longer barrel (not that it'll make it more accurate), both available for £100 delivered in two-tone.

The heart wants what the heart wants though, and the M4 is the Ford Focus of guns.  And the CYMAs are the 1.4, not the RS. ;)

I do get the attraction to sniping, it's what I'd want to do if I was playing woodland.  But I take the point from those who've tried it that sniping with a stock sniper is likely to be a hugely a frustrating experience.  One round every few seconds, with barely more range than an AEG, and accuracy likely to be all over the place.  It's not going to be like watching a Novritsch kill-streak.

Well said lol i have looked at and considered that cyma 515 thing but i was unsure it was gna be any good. 

I was thinking one of those or if i can find a second hand gun and spray it blue or red.

Archived