One Shot Coffee Company (Gun Coffee) Yes Proper Coffee Aimed At Us Shooters

Marc.RG1
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All..

lol yeah bit of a different one this, A week or so ago i noticed that the place i buy my airsoft BB's 'The Draft Club' had starting stocking One Shot Coffee, heres a link to the coffee website, saves me writing down all the types and info etc..

https://www.oneshotcoffeeco.co.uk/

Well obviously i had to try it lol..

As im used to drinking Nescafe dolce gusto cappuccino i thought i would first try the 3 bean strength 'One In The Chamber' Cold Bore Blend, (lol i blooming love the names)

1gjrXNNh.jpg

kO5fmHHh.jpg

Ok so lets try to put aside how cool the coffee sounds and looks, even though to be honest thats the whole reason i first decided to buy some in the first place anyway, but the coffee tastes very nice too, i bought the ground version rather then the whole roasted beans as i could then just make it using a cafetiere, im kind of hooked on this coffee now, next week im going to try the 'One Size Fits All' Bullpup blend which is 2 bean strength, lol they do a 5 bean and even 5 +3 shots strength, i dont think ill try those though as they would probably blow my face off haha..

Im no coffee expert thats for sure but i do like a good quality and nice tasting coffee and come on this has guns on it too, so If your a coffee lover like me you should go check them out for sure..

Happy Shooting.
ATB, Marc..

• Root Admin

I sincerely don't get it.

This is the epitome of advertising and/or branding over substance. I mean I'm sure it's good stuff but it's not cheaper, I imagine it's not massively better and it's certainly not more readily available than anything that already exists in this extremely saturated market where getting excellent coffee at a reasonable price is a matter of 30 minutes research and going on Amazon.

Edit

Hol-y fuck you gotta be kidding me. Same guy that was scamming all of those people out of their Mancraft purchases and who - unless it's been resolved in the last few months - owes Mancraft a load of money. Take note of the address.

https://www.whois.com/whois/oneshotcoffeeco.co.uk

https://www.whois.com/whois/airsoftimports.co.uk

Please avoid like the plague. This is not someone who deserves to be operating within this community.

Edit 2

A quick check of companies house shows a filing with his name - Nicholas Woodhead. Same guy, basically.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10690211/filing-history

Wow that's crazy, I will check out that info on the mancraft stuff, I have not heard of this, and I definitely would not have posted this if I know people had issues with a dealer/supplier not matter the product, so feel free to delete this topic, I just bought this coffee and thought it was cool and wanted to share,. I would certainly have not done so if I knew there was background issues.. 

Imtriggerhappy, to answer your question though mate.. Me, I'm a gun nut and coffee lover so the two sit well to me lol, same reason I bought a colt cup, not because I needed another cup but because it had colt on it.. But to make me buy the same coffee or anything else again for that matter it has to taste or be good.. :)

So yeah feel free to delete this, I don't want to be associated with people with a bad rep. 

ATB Marc 

• Head Moderator

As a topic, this is interesting and useful as a warning about a trader (if anyone reads it). 

The Mancraft scam topic link is here: https://airsoft-forums.uk/index.php?/topic/33629-mancraftgbcouk-airsoft-imports-scammers-not-afiliated-with-mancraft-poland/&

• Supporters

As an aside to the whole Mancraft thing, there seems to be a number of military/SOF/veteran owned (or at least branded) coffee out there at the minute. I've not tried any of them mostly because Taylors and Whittard make perfectly good coffee that I know and like so I don't really understand how a veteran with a caffiene addiction is more knowledgeable about what makes good coffee than a company with hundreds of years of experience.

That said, the videos that BRCC have produced regarding their search for the best beans and a good blend suggests that they at least are prepared to put in the leg work and go find out about what they're selling, not just rebrand a generic blend, contract packed by one of the big producers.

• Root Admin

I guess what I don't get - again excluding the Mancraft thing - is why these sorts of things factor into people's choice of coffee. Like you say, there are plenty of places out there who can take full advantage of the economies of scale, have huge teams allocated to getting the best tasting cup/most suitable amount of caffeine for a reasonable price and are everywhere. Even going about a 20 minute Google search off the beaten path of more mainstream blenders/importers if you want something interesting that's delivered to your door by a reputable company too.

Because this isn't the first thing I've seen where it's a whitelabel with a gun slapped on it and it still sells like wildfire for 6 months.

Then again I spend money on toy guns so...

10 hours ago, Jedi_Master said:

As a topic, this is interesting and useful as a warning about a trader (if anyone reads it). 

The Mancraft scam topic link is here: https://airsoft-forums.uk/index.php?/topic/33629-mancraftgbcouk-airsoft-imports-scammers-not-afiliated-with-mancraft-poland/&

I think I already had this linked in my post (soz)

• Supporters

It's not just gun stuff though. There's a whole swathe of rebadged, craftily marketed products out there that appeal to various cult/unrelated interests. The 2A crown in the US like the idea of coffee that comes from veterans (if it genuinely helps support vets then it's no bad thing), I used to have a Star Trek Mastercard, the list goes on.

Archived